2022 Texas Rangers Thread

CowtownHorn

4 hours ago, DougO said:

It's a good point. But these new guys are showing a lot more than any of those guy did early, except Odor, who proved to be a fluke. Maybe the current staff has a better philosophy on player makeup. Yeah, it's wishful thinking, but that's all we got.

Hope at some point we get some stud young starting pitching.  Maybe it's Winn and Leiter in a few years, but it stinks seeing the Mariners with studs like Logan Gilbert and George Kirby, Astros with Javier, Valdez, ect., and the A's always finding people while we have Hearn and his 5+ ERA, Dunning is ok I guess? and Howard and Alexy who haven't been able to stick around.  Otto has been decent so far.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Dave Valle.  Was a catcher for a long time for Seattle and was with Texas in 95-96 seasons.

OK, I remember him but they never say or show his name when I'm watching. He still sucks. I don't know why they rotate these guys so much when the main pair has such good chemistry. I guess Bally is super cheap and rents guys in different areas to cut down travel.

Wasn’t the prettiest game in the world, but entertaining as hell especially with the Horns game on the main screen. This isn’t a perfect team, but there is definite improvement and after a third of a season I feel like a .500 season is a reasonable goal, which would be a big step in the right direction….