2022 Texas Rangers Thread

CowtownHorn

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Diego Castillo, bro. 

I was watching on my fantasy team where I have Luis Castillo. They Yahoo box score credited him with an inning. I assume they will correct that. He's sacheduled to start tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Bobby would be my guess too.

I wasn't a huge CW fan but most of the teams misfortune wasn't on him.

too many times they looked sloppy, that’s on the head coach 

if I was them, I’d give Espada a 15 min phone interview (today) and make an offer. Push the Astros hand on him 

13 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Bobby would be my guess too.

I wasn't a huge CW fan but most of the teams misfortune wasn't on him.

He did nothing to make the team better. CY made the right move and should’ve done it sooner. 

I always thought the plan was probably for Woody to manage a shitty team while they retool their minor league depth and get young players experienced and draft early. Never thought he would be a candidate as a manager of a team that's serious about winning, unless they were to throw him a bone for a one year trial. Didn't think this was that year, thought maybe next season. But it's clear he's not a good manager in a normal capacity.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Beasley has been our 3B coach since ‘15 whenever he wasn’t off for cancer. He has zero bearing on the real job. 

Yeah, he had some really abysmal moments at third base. Seemed like it wasn't so noticeable this season. Maybe the baserunners are just ignoring him more.

48 minutes ago, DougO said:

Seems like a strange time to make that change, since they're basically in tank mode. 

Chris is a good guy and would be good to have in some other capacity, not managing or coaching.

It’s never a bad time to change a non-winning coach, and they’re not in tank mode.