2022 Texas Rangers Thread

CowtownHorn

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A split with Detroit would be a massive let down.  Then again, we just saw the team split with TB and blow the Seattle / Houston series despite getting off to a good start in all of those series so perhaps I shouldn’t get my hopes up.

martin Perez and Jon gray are good, but the back part of the rotation, most of the bullpen, and the team defense sucks.

Looking like a split (hope I'm wrong).  This team gives glimpses of good baseball, then pulls stunts like this against by far the worst scoring team in the AL.  Rangers will hover around. 500 for most the year I think.  Will be interesting to see what they do at the trade deadline.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looking like a split (hope I'm wrong).  This team gives glimpses of good baseball, then pulls stunts like this against by far the worst scoring team in the AL.  Rangers will hover around. 500 for most the year I think.  Will be interesting to see what they do at the trade deadline.

Could’ve won the rays, tigers, mariners, and Astros series.  They choked in all of them and didn’t get it done.

Team made good strides with the roster and I’m pleasantly surprised with Adolis’ continued development, but there’s a long way to go. I think extending Perez vs selling him high between now and the deadline would be a mistake, but I’ve been wrong before….

Calhoun traded to San Francisco for Steve Duggar.

• Rangers' Steven Duggar: Traded to Texas

Rotowire  18 MINS AGO
    Duggar (oblique) was traded from the Giants to the Rangers on Thursday in exchange for Willie Calhoun, Andrew Baggarly of The Athletic reports. Duggar played in just 12 games this year before hitting the 60-day injured list with a left oblique strain. He's spent the maximum amount of time on his rehab assignment, struggling ot a .550 OPS in 14 games, so the Giants had to make a decision on his future. That decision turned out to be a trade rather than a return to the active roster, though he'll presumably join the Rangers' big-league squad shortly. Duggar gives his new team a good glove in center field but hasn't done much at the plate across parts of five seasons in the majors, hitting a modest .242/.297/.377. That may leave him stuck as the fourth outfielder in Texas, though beating out Leody Taveras for at-bats may not be particularly hard.