2022 Texas Rangers Thread

CowtownHorn

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

On the Rangers website he's listed as the starter tomorrow.

I wish they had found another arm to use instead of Howard.  Just because I want him in AAA everyday.  

He's been better.  Hopefully, he doesn't have a big inning.

It doesn't help that the announcers keep repeating "this series could be an opportunity to get over the .500 hump..."

Shut the fuck up and do one at a time. It almost seems like a reflection of the team's mindset, getting ahead of themselves.

3 minutes ago, DougO said:

It doesn't help that the announcers keep repeating "this series could be an opportunity to get over the .500 hump..."

Shut the fuck up and do one at a time. It almost seems like a reflection of the team's mindset, getting ahead of themselves.

I just don't think it's a great baseball team. .500ish is what most of us thought I think and that's what they are. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I just don't think it's a great baseball team. .500ish is what most of us thought I think and that's what they are. 

I agree. That's why I don't want to hear the false expectations bullshit. I just want to watch them continue on and hopefully take small steps forward towards relevancy at some point.

Last years team was a shitty team. As was the one before. They are approaching mediocre this year. That's just reality, and it's a siginificant improvement. That's what we look for, improvement.

They are also 2 1/2 games ahead of the Angels, everyone's off-season darlings of MLB. 

20 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Lowe is so goddamn fucking putrid at 1B. 

He really isn't good at baseball, and only occasionally useful as a hitter when he's hot. I wish they could trade him to a sucker while he's got decent hitting stats, before he goes into his annual deep freeze.

18 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah it feels like a downward slide is coming.  Team hovered around .500 for a good while, but this looks like by the end of the month we'll be 10+ games below .500

Make some more negative proclamations.