2022 Texas Rangers Thread

CowtownHorn

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ztejas said:

I wouldn't walk Lowe with an out. 2 outs, yes. O's announcers are acting like he's hitting .340 or some shit. 

Well they have 2 outs so…

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Well they don't/didn't so... 

that’s not what what my Yahoo app was saying. I thought the rules were such you started with a runner on 2nd (KC - check) and with one out. 

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Jesus fuck, that's ^ an embarrassing post. 

Yeah probably. I’m totally confused with all the varieties between my son’s team’s rules, which are exactly that, and Yahoo which has us with one out before a pitch was thrown. I’m embarrassed. 

Yeah probably. I’m totally confused with all the varieties between my son’s team’s rules, which are exactly that, and Yahoo which has us with one out before a pitch was thrown. I’m embarrassed. 
Why would they take away an out while putting a guy on second? Isn't the purpose to make it easier to score so the game is shorter? Taking away an out from the offense seems contradictory to that.

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:
6 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Why would they take away an out while putting a guy on second? Isn't the purpose to make it easier to score so the game is shorter? Taking away an out from the offense seems contradictory to that.

I know. In 11u baseball it is to shorten games because if you have a base runner already at second, chances are high he’ll score. Plus my app mislead me. 

I know. In 11u baseball it is to shorten games because if you have a base runner already at second, chances are high he’ll score. Plus my app mislead me. 
I meant even in 11u it's still contradictory. I've been a varsity commissioner for a summer league for 5 years and we've had that extra runner on second rule for a few years now but never considered starting with one out.

3 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
3 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I meant even in 11u it's still contradictory. I've been a varsity commissioner for a summer league for 5 years and we've had that extra runner on second rule for a few years now but never considered starting with one out.

We played in some “World Series” in Florida where that rule was intact. You have to consider the number of passed balls - even for a Majors team - when 11 year olds have been playing in the heat for nearly two hours. Regardless, my app steered me wrong.