2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

How many GM's in MLB would trade Mookie for Goldie?

Obviously none of them because Mookie Betts is the hottest hitter in baseball right now. Bar none.  Look at Mookie’s stats for the last 3 weeks.  No way you can compare anyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Hey @Helobious We locked our Big Bopper up through 2028.  How about y’all?

Congrats, I’ll have to look around for a fuck to give about that. Judge will re-sign as a free agent after the year, he wants to be a Yankee for life. I’m hoping for a big AAV and not that many years. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Congrats, I’ll have to look around for a fuck to give about that. Judge will re-sign as a free agent after the year, he wants to be a Yankee for life. I’m hoping for a big AAV and not that many years. 

Lulz. So he turned down 7/$213M so he could come back next year after an MVP caliber season and do a team friendly deal? He going to bend Cashman over and cram his 35” bat up his ass.  

55 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Mackenzie Gore seems pretty good.

Last week’s matchup between Gore and the Pirates’ Roansy Contreras may be one of the best pitchers duels between rookies in recent history.  Contreras’ numbers are right there with Gore so far.

Both of those dudes are very good.

Dave Roberts channels his inner Dave Roberts and tries to bring in a position player to pitch the ninth while trailing by five.  Problem is the new rule states you have to be winning or losing by 6+ to do so.  The other problem is said position player was last dude on the bench.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Dave Roberts channels his inner Dave Roberts and tries to bring in a position player to pitch the ninth while trailing by five.  Problem is the new rule states you have to be winning or losing by 6+ to do so.  The other problem is said position player was last dude on the bench.

Which is funny, but then they just delayed the game for 15 minutes so the Dodgers could warm someone up. What the fuck? Do opponents of the Dodgers now get to just randomly delay a game 15 minutes because they forgot to have someone warm up? Some Dodgers reliever should have gone out and tossed meatballs or just walked 3-4 dudes. MLB just deciding to let the Dodgers get special rules in pretty on par for MLB.

Edited by Serak The Preparer
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Which is funny, but then they just delayed the game for 15 minutes so the Dodgers could warm someone up. What the fuck? Do opponents of the Dodgers now get to just randomly delay a game 15 minutes because they forgot to have someone warm up? Some Dodgers reliever should have gone out and tossed meatballs or just walked 3-4 dudes. MLB just deciding to let the Dodgers get special rules in pretty on par for MLB.

The umpires are in a terrible situation there.  You really expect them to force a guy who's not warmed up to come into the game?  Do that and the risk of that guy blowing up his arm is high.  I don't blame them at all.  Fuck Dave Roberts.

21 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The umpires are in a terrible situation there.  You really expect them to force a guy who's not warmed up to come into the game?  Do that and the risk of that guy blowing up his arm is high.  I don't blame them at all.  Fuck Dave Roberts.

They could have told Roberts his other choice was to forfeit the game.

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You think MLB would be OK with the umpires forcing a forfeit?

Can you explain why Roberts should not have subjected a pitcher to the exact same heinous fate that he was going to subject a position player to? Did Pujols throw warm up pitches before he threw a few weeks ago?

I don't this this is a top 10 ever MLB scandal or anything but it just baffles me how it is being ignored.

Edited by Serak The Preparer

18 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

They could have told Roberts his other choice was to forfeit the game.

16 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You think MLB would be OK with the umpires forcing a forfeit?

A pitcher could go out and lob meatballs without a 15 minute delay.  Or issue 4 IBBs and then he could put in his precious ppp to protect the health of his delicate  13 man pitching staff

Pitching staffs keep growing and growing but no one is capable of mop up duty anymore.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Can you explain why Roberts should not have subjected a pitcher to the exact same heinous fate that he was going to subject a position player to? Did Pujols throw warm up pitches before he threw a few weeks ago?

I mean, risking an arm injury for a pitcher is a world of difference from risking it for a position player (none of whom tend to be good players) pitching.  

Serious question -- who is the most talented position player to pitch in mop-up?

Pitching staffs keep growing and growing but no one is capable of mop up duty anymore.

This really pisses me off, too.