2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I 100% agree. Hate it. I know this has been going on for a long time now and this is peak grumpy old man but come on. I have a hard time even telling which all-star is who without their team uniforms. I don't watch the National League enough to recognize all their dudes on sight without their team jerseys. Especially as I am about mostly following college baseball until June.

I mean I get they want to try to create a team(and hey how can we try to sell more jerseys and hats!) and make this important but it really is just dumb IMO.  I want to see Perez out there in the Ranger uniform.

I'm out on the mic'd players too.   it is too damn distracting(really forced) and it forces them to focus cameras on the guy with the mic.  I really hope it doesn't become a thing in regular season.

This stuff isn't going to bring fans to the game.  what would bring fans to the game is 2.5 hour max games, limited pitching changes. I'm also in for limiting the shift(or maybe lowering the mound).  the value of the base hit going way down is a problem.

continuing to yell at clouds from NW Austin.

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Why the fuck would you go to Gary, Indiana in season (September) by choice anyway

Edit....or ever

If you'd like to have a logical explanation
How I happened on this elegant syncopation
I will say without a moment of hesitation
There is just one place that can light my face

Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana
Not Louisiana, Paris, France, New York or Rome
But Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana
Gary, Indiana, my home sweet home

Edited by clapclapclap
They're interviewing Ron Howard next inning
  • Haha 2

If you'd like to have a logical explanation
How I happened on this elegant syncopation
I will say without a moment of hesitation
There is just one place that can light my face

Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana
Not Louisiana, Paris, France, New York or Rome
But Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana
Gary, Indiana, my home sweet home
Negged

Tom Rinaldi, for the 100th time in the broadcast, asking Stanton to tell the story of how he hit his home run to where he may have sat in the stands once growing up.  Except this time, in Rinaldi style, he hit it to the exact seat where he would always sit on his grandpapa's lap at Dodgers games, the seat where grandpapa had caught home runs from Jackie Robinson, and the seat where his grandpapa died in from cancer exactly 10 years ago to the day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Tom Rinaldi, for the 100th time in the broadcast, asking Stanton to tell the story of how he hit his home run to where he may have sat in the stands once growing up.  Except this time, in Rinaldi style, he hit it to the exact seat where he would always sit on his grandpapa's lap at Dodgers games, the seat where grandpapa had caught home runs from Jackie Robinson, and the seat where his grandpapa died in from cancer exactly 10 years ago to the day.

also, Rinaldi thinks his name is Gene Carlo Stanton.

also also, Buxton should have won mvp, but he's not from LA, so. 

• Like 1

Have not seen these before so not sure their pro/cons but I will say in Minute Maid the best place to get beer is CF next to the Golf Shop....it is one of those joints where you scan your card when you enter....grab beer....walk out and it charges you. Takes literally 30 seconds to get a beer

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Have not seen these before so not sure their pro/cons but I will say in Minute Maid the best place to get beer is CF next to the Golf Shop....it is one of those joints where you scan your card when you enter....grab beer....walk out and it charges you. Takes literally 30 seconds to get a beer

that's a great store 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Scraps said:

Mango Cart is a Golden Road beer

Its not horrible.

Bud Light Black Cherry is seltzer bullshit that has taken over the mix and match shelf at HEB

Golden Road is a big sponsor at Dodger Stadium, so makes sense.  My son is 18 and drinking a little at parties.  Almost no one drinks beer.  It’s all seltzers and other, shall we say, less masculine drinks.  He’s headed to school in London in about 6 weeks.  18 drinking age.  I told him he better start figuring out how to like beer.  You order one of those fruity things in an old English pub and they may smash a bottle over your head.  And they’d be right to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Golden Road is a big sponsor at Dodger Stadium, so makes sense.  My son is 18 and drinking a little at parties.  Almost no one drinks beer.  It’s all seltzers and other, shall we say, less masculine drinks.  He’s headed to school in London in about 6 weeks.  18 drinking age.  I told him he better start figuring out how to like beer.  You order one of those fruity things in an old English pub and they may smash a bottle over your head.  And they’d be right to do it.

RIP, Little Bruin... 

image.gif.c7c816629131b0031013e64e9e42088f.gif

At least he’ll have banged a hot nurse.  

• Haha 1