2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Kershaw left today’s game with an undisclosed injury.

Yeah, fuck.  Didn't look good.  His mileage, like the rent, is just too damn high.

But putting another 4 game sweep on the Giants within a few week period is glorious.

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

I thought the sarcasm there was clear but maybe not. Of course I couldn’t literally run an MLB team better than Cashman. That wasn’t the point. 

The Gallo thing was neither sarcasm nor far fetched. Give me 100-200 MLB pitches I would probably get more hits than him. They’d all be singles obviously but I’d still outhit him 6/10 times probably. I’m not the only one on this board even that could do it. That’s how shitty of a player he is. Numbers speak for themselves. 

you are absolutely fucking delusional. you would not touch a single pitch. not one. not if they threw you 1,000 of them. and with a full team of defensive players in the field, even if you somehow miraculously got a single ball in play, either the catcher or pitcher would pick up your swinging bunt and throw you out by 60 feet. but more likely than that would be you just wearing yourself out swinging at air, and giving up before the guy even got to 200 pitches.

the levels and sincerity of your self delusion is truly shocking, and frankly should embarrass you, although i know it won't. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Watching the Nolan-Ventura video all the way through for the first time in several years and damn some of those random names, son! Tom Henke, Dean Palmer, Geno Petralli, Manny Lee, Roger Pavlik, Brian Bo-fucking-hanon, just to name a few!

Edited by D_Goose

helo, just to be absolutely clear- you could get 100 AB's against a good HS pitcher with his HS teammates in the field, and not only would you absolutely go hitless, the o/u on balls put in play would be something like 2.5, and the o/u on balls leaving the infield would be set at 0.5, with the under coming in at -9000. 

31 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

helo, just to be absolutely clear- you could get 100 AB's against a good HS pitcher with his HS teammates in the field, and not only would you absolutely go hitless, the o/u on balls put in play would be something like 2.5, and the o/u on balls leaving the infield would be set at 0.5, with the under coming in at -9000. 

I'd like to place a large bet on the under, please.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Everyone has talked about this and I’ve always maintained my 100 AB’s would end with no hits and probably 95 or more strikeouts. I don’t think 100 strikeouts is the most likely outcome for any of us, because luck happens and 300 swings is a lot. It’s likely fate or luck intervenes and you accidentally get wood on the ball occasionally. A few times you would think it might go fair. 
now- if they had to play defense like they do against each other it’s possible one of those accidental contacts could be a looper over the drawn in infield (they would be drawn in) but, if they played me like me like they should with nobody further than about 140 feet from the plate then I wouldn’t have any chance for a bloop to sneak in because I’m damn sure not hitting it over anyones head. 
I think 0 hits in 100 AB’s for any surly-ite who didn’t play college ball is a mortal lock. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

when i was in HS at Pflugerville, we played against, off the top of my head, Taylor Jungmann, Scott Kazmir, Homer Bailey, John Danks, Kyle Drabek, Brent Clevlen, Joey Guajardo, and more. those are just some of the arms that Pflugerville HS happened to go against during/around my time there, and every single one of them would have destroyed helo. his assertion that he's a better hitter than joey gallo is legitimately the most asinine claim i ever remember hearing made by a HF/shaggy/surly poster. 

• Haha 1

Everyone has talked about this and I’ve always maintained my 100 AB’s would end with no hits and probably 95 or more strikeouts. I don’t think 100 strikeouts is the most likely outcome for any of us, because luck happens and 300 swings is a lot. It’s likely fate or luck intervenes and you accidentally get wood on the ball occasionally. A few times you would think it might go fair. 
now- if they had to play defense like they do against each other it’s possible one of those accidental contacts could be a looper over the drawn in infield (they would be drawn in) but, if they played me like me like they should with nobody further than about 140 feet from the plate then I wouldn’t have any chance for a bloop to sneak in because I’m damn sure not hitting it over anyones head. 
I think 0 hits in 100 AB’s for any surly-ite who didn’t play college ball is a mortal lock. 

Our HS coach brought in Frank Pastore in '86 to pitch to us in practice. I think he'd just been released by the Reds. He wasn't overpowering with the fastball, but the junk he threw was insane. Curveballs like we'd never seen anywhere in HS ball. I got up there and singled off of him. Coming off the field I was all proud of myself thinking I'd just singled off a major leaguer, and my coach was laughing. He was like, "if he wanted to strike you out, he would have and there isn't a damn thing you could do about it."
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I knew that move would backfire, I just didn’t think I’d be proven right so quick. The team is actually better off the fewer games he plays, he needs to relearn how to hit a baseball. Need to make some fake info to give him saying thats a vax side effect. 

Edited by Helobious

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

@Fletch would have Helo begging for mercy out there. I've seen his 45 mph sinker. Thing is dangerous. 

But like seriously…. @B00M and I would make helo our bitch. Adorable he thinks he can even touch mlb pitching. I’m 5’6” 165 pounds and I could easily strike helo out. No way he’s actually serious, right?

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

I think even @Helobious might be able to get a hit off of Clay Holmes 

That fucker fell off a cliff. 

We fucking suck now, and we got worse at the deadline. We’re a wild card team and the jays will erase that 10 game lead like fucking nothing. And today we get to watch the pitcher we gave up for an injured bench player Dahmer-fuck the pitcher Cashman thought was good enough to replace him. The cards 100% lined up his debut like that on purpose. I fucking hate baseball & everyone that posts on here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

That fucker fell off a cliff. 

We fucking suck now, and we got worse at the deadline. We’re a wild card team and the jays will erase that 10 game lead like fucking nothing. And today we get to watch the pitcher we gave up for an injured bench player Dahmer-fuck the pitcher Cashman thought was good enough to replace him. The cards 100% lined up his debut like that on purpose. I fucking hate baseball & everyone that posts on here.

I give this rant a 2 out of 10 on the Turturro scale.   Only four “fucks” in six sentences was the biggest contributor to a low score.