2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

What a fucking disgrace this organization is. It used to stand for winning and success. I legitimately don’t see how they’re making the playoffs now, jays won today and are breathing down our necks. Fucking unthinkable a month ago. 
Drama queen
  • Hook 'Em 1

What a fucking disgrace this organization is. It used to stand for winning and success. I legitimately don’t see how they’re making the playoffs now, jays won today and are breathing down our necks. Fucking unthinkable a month ago. 

And yet espn will still have them in a tier “all alone at the top “ in the power rankings. That must provide some comfort….. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34272091/can-anyone-catch-yankees-second-half-preview-rankings-playoff-odds-all-30-teams
  • Haha 1

Just now, txduck87 said:

And yet espn will still have them in a tier “all alone at the top “ in the power rankings. That must provide some comfort….. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34272091/can-anyone-catch-yankees-second-half-preview-rankings-playoff-odds-all-30-teams

the crowd will go wild opening day 2023, hanging that espn pennant !

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Helobious said:

FYI the Jays are 9.5 games back and have gained exactly 1 game on the Yanks in the last 10 games.

However, if NYY does somehow blow a 9.5 game lead with 54 to go, I will be front and center here, with popcorn, for the meltdown.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, TornACL said:

FYI the Jays are 9.5 games back and have gained exactly 1 game on the Yanks in the last 10 games.

However, if NYY does somehow blow a 9.5 game lead with 54 to go, I will be front and center here, with popcorn, for the meltdown.

They're currently blowing home field for the LCS.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

"Top person on the depth chart"

JV is clearly our #1 and better than the homegrown guys.

Some of you complain about anything

Sure. It’s the #1 starter. Not really a complaint- just saying it doesn’t really tell you much of meaning about development for your pitching staff while the regulars do tell more of a story. Cool graph overall. 

does anyone on here do the premium codes for MLB66 streaming?  

I don't do anything related to bitcoin, but that's the way the guy has stuff set up for payment.  Any watchouts?  I want access to games, but no computer aids from the blockchain.com.

Is it risky or relatively OK?

4 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I'm sure everyone has seen this by now but if you haven't Edwin Diaz closer music. Fucking trumpets. Awesome

This is cool and all, but the GOAT is and always will be Hoffman’s Hell’s Bells.  And a preemptive “GTFO” to Helo who will argue Rivera’s “Enter Sandman” which was derivative and played out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I can’t think of anything more “derivative and played out” than an AC/DC song.

Fwiw Enter Sandman wasn’t Rivera’s idea. He said he didn’t even care if they played music or not when he ran out, Yankee stadium people tried out a few songs until finding that one got the most buzz from the crowd. 

54 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s blatantly not true. 

ML: Yeah, but there’s also a story back when Billy Wagner came to the Mets [in 2006] that made it really start to feel like the "Enter Sandman" connection with Mariano was a real thing that people relate to.

So Billy Wagner comes in, his first game closing for the Mets. They happen to have their home opener first, and he came onto the field to “Enter Sandman.” And New York talk radio, the Daily News and so on went berserk about it. “How could he do this?! A Met, of all people!”

It turned out that he was using it back in Houston. It was just something that never became synonymous with him. So he was actually using it first, and he continued to use it. He didn’t stop once that whole thing came on. I’m pretty sure he played the entire season with "Enter Sandman" as his entry song.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1780626-a-qa-with-the-man-who-came-up-with-mariano-riveras-enter-sandman-theme

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

That’s blatantly not true. 

Just to pile on.

And in case you were hibernating, it’s caused quite a furor in some circles. Reporters surrounded Wagner the minute the clubhouse opened yesterday afternoon, and the Mets closer said he won’t budge on his music. He actually began playing the song years before Rivera.

https://nypost.com/2006/04/06/wagner-keeping-sandman-theme/

But it's tit-for-tat time in the corrections department, C.J. A Mets staffer didn't pick "Enter Sandman" for Wagner to tweak the Yankees. Jeff Bagwell chose the song for Wagner during his rookie year with the Astros in 1996. This is not a case of the Yankees getting a Matsui, and then the Mets getting a Matsui a year later. Wagner has a long and legitimate interest in this song.

https://www.westsidespirit.com/news/the-great-sandman-battle-BYNP1320060419304199970

• Like 1