2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

31 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

It’s almost embarrassing how good we are

You sound like me before july started. Pride cometh before the fall. 
Lulz at gallo homering. That’ll be his last one until September, guaranteed. If he hears one boo from the crowd he’ll go into full pout mode and shutdown again.

His last interview was such horseshit. He said he was ashamed to go out in NYC and get heckled, but all Yankee fans on social media were saying only Judge, Stanton, Rizzo, and Cole get recognized out in the city for the most part. No one would’ve recognized Gallo much less said anything to him. Crybaby. /rant

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Helobious said:

There’s no act when it comes to my gallo thoughts. I legitimately hated watching him play. And the way he acted about his poor performance really rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way. 

What more did you want? Best case he’s basically a Giambi type. Worst case is what we saw. Plenty of studs have fucking folded in New York. It is what it is. Sucks he couldn’t put it together there but fuck it. And the Yankees will be fine. Slumps happen. They weren’t going to play as well as they did earlier this year….

10 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Comical.  We can’t lose.

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

It’s almost embarrassing how good we are

Bro, I like you but this is getting…weird.

I know I’ve been accused of hyperbole, but I firmly believe Will Smith is a top 5 catcher in all of MLB.  Dude is as clutch as they come.  We are going to have to PAAAAY him soon.  And we should.

This isn’t hyperbolic at all. Over the last 2 seasons it’s Realmuto and Smith at the top of the list.

And a huge question is are we going to pay Trea Turner.  He’ll get overpaid.  But I think he’s a phenomenal player.  IF he’ll sign (word is he wants to be back East), I say pay the man. 

Turner’s free agency will be interesting. Remaining in LA seems to make the most sense…but like you said, Smith will also need to get paid soon, they’re already paying Betts and Freeman, etc…I know the dodgers can afford it, but do they want to continue to pay waaaaay over the luxury tax threshold, when they’ve proven adept at drafting/developing really good, inexpensive players? 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

15 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

This isn’t hyperbolic at all. Over the last 2 seasons it’s Realmuto and Smith at the top of the list.

It's actually shocking how bad the catching position is, especially in the AL.  Without looking, who are the top 2 catchers in the AL in fWAR (over 500 PA) over the last two seasons?

Spoiler

Sean Murphy and Max Stassi

32 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's actually shocking how bad the catching position is, especially in the AL.  Without looking, who are the top 2 catchers in the AL in fWAR (over 500 PA) over the last two seasons?

Hide contents

Sean Murphy and Max Stassi

If you’re a really good baseball player these days chances are you won’t be playing catcher. Teams are more likely to move a good hitting catcher to first or elsewhere to preserve them. It’s like being a fullback, glamorless job that you take a beating doing.