2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

The Yankees are legitimately at rock bottom and digging as deep as they can go. 1-19 in the last 20 games, or something close to that. Cue some dork with no life that’s actually gonna google that & say I’m wrong by a game or whatever. 

The Padres are right on our ass with their own shovel. But they gutted their farm system to be this bad, we still have our top 4 prospects. I look forward to seeing all 4 of them get called up in 6 years. God forbid they ever replace a useless veteran player. Motherfuck.

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Beau killed Stassi with that WAR post the other day. 3 total fuckups back-to-back-to-back. 

I've always thought Stassi sucks.  That post was just to show how utterly shitty AL catching is.

Jeez Angels, have some respect for yourselves.

Winning in baseball is just stupid luck most of the time. The angels have 2 of the best players in the game and they suck. On any given night the Yankees start 4-6 of the statistically worst players in the game & they’re 30 games over .500 (for now anyway). It’s stupid. 

37 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Winning in baseball is just stupid luck most of the time. The angels have 2 of the best players in the game and they suck. On any given night the Yankees start 4-6 of the statistically worst players in the game & they’re 30 games over .500 (for now anyway). It’s stupid. 

• Haha 4

i'm trying to remember a story here, and hopefully one of you regulars (or anyone else) will know what i'm talking about. the long and short of it is that a guy held a grudge for like ten years before getting a chance to get revenge on another player who had wronged him in some way- maybe the guy pimped a HR, or he the guy had plunked him, can't remember. i just remember that they didn't play each other again for like a decade, but the one guy was still out for revenge and went after the other guy. any of y'all know what i'm talking about?

@Huckleberry @Beau Vine @shadow_operative2.0 ??

Edited by shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

You mean like a fight, or the hitter took a P deep or something? 

Giancarlo yacked Fiers 4 years after he drilled him in the face, but that’s probably not long enough. 

yeah, like maybe a pitcher got big-timed, and he didn't see the guy again for like 11 years, but when he did see him again he beamed him. something like that. i think one of the games may have even been spring training lol. 

30 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm trying to remember a story here, and hopefully one of you regulars (or anyone else) will know what i'm talking about. the long and short of it is that a guy held a grudge for like ten years before getting a chance to get revenge on another player who had wronged him in some way- maybe the guy pimped a HR, or he the guy had plunked him, can't remember. i just remember that they didn't play each other again for like a decade, but the one guy was still out for revenge and went after the other guy. any of y'all know what i'm talking about?

@Huckleberry @Beau Vine @shadow_operative2.0 ??

Hunter Strickland -- Bryce Harper?

28 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This fat little fuck is throwing a perfect game.  He looks like an O-lineman from an RGV high school.

Welp, there's a hit.

Hey that’s pretty uncalled for man 

*looks up Suarez and sees he’s 5’10 225* 

well shit we could really use that at LG this year…

• Haha 1

Dodgers take the lead in the 11th only to hand it to Kimbrel.  That won’t last.  One question I never thought of.  Is a reliever charged with an earned run if the runner who starts the inning at second scores?  He didn’t put him on, but I guess yes?  

This game isn’t here if CT3 doesn’t make a great game saving catch on McCutchen .  Oh and a Gallo home run!

13 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

One question I never thought of.  Is a reliever charged with an earned run if the runner who starts the inning at second scores?  He didn’t put him on, but I guess yes?  

Nvm. 

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Fuck that loser. 

Baty's cool though. 

Edited by ztejas

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

The Red Sox flat out suck but they try. We seem to be legitimately throwing games. What even is this effort. 

Dude, really? Yeah we are off this year. Yankees have been off this entire century. Going to love seeing Baltimore beat you in the Playoffs. Or the Astros. 

Or who knows. We go on a run and we get to do it. That would be sweet. Shit, only player for you with an RBI tonight was an Ex-Sox (and a WS winner) who I hate that we got rid of.