2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

he'll be going home when he signs with the giants

Maybe. Seems to me that the Yankees pretty much have to give him whatever he wants now, right? Are they really going to let their marquee player, who is having an historic season and has nearly single-handedly kept them from free-falling in the second half of the year, sign elsewhere? Cashman seems fucked here as far as negotiations go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Maybe. Seems to me that the Yankees pretty much have to give him whatever he wants now, right? Are they really going to let their marquee player, who is having an historic season and has nearly single-handedly kept them from free-falling in the second half of the year, sign elsewhere? Cashman seems fucked here as far as negotiations go. 

Yep. Cashman probably cost Hal an extra $100M by not getting him signed last offseason. 

12 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Yep. Cashman probably cost Hal an extra $100M by not getting him signed last offseason. 

They’re both morons. But on the other hand who would’ve guessed he would have a historically great season in his walk year. I don’t think their offer to him before the year was unreasonable. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

They’re both morons. But on the other hand who would’ve guessed he would have a historically great season in his walk year. I don’t think their offer to him before the year was unreasonable. 

Agreed. I thought Judge was dumb for not signing it at the time. There was no reason to expect that he’d produce at this level, so I don’t really blame them for not signing him in April - it was a reasonable offer based on his likely production. But he’s performed at an unlikely level and now the calculus has changed, and they’ll end up paying more. Probably a lot more.

Edited by Hank Chinaski

7 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Agreed. I thought Judge was dumb for not signing it at the time. There was no reason to expect that he’d produce at this level, so I don’t really blame them for not signing him in April - it was a reasonable offer based on his likely production. But he’s performed at an unlikely level and now the calculus has changed, and they’ll end up paying more. Probably a lot more.

Someone will. I hate the Yankees, but damn Judge is a beast. Seems like a good leader for the team, good to the fans. Hope he sets the record. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Someone will. I hate the Yankees, but damn Judge is a beast. Seems like a good leader for the team, good to the fans. Hope he sets the record. 

I was on the field level for the All-Star game, about 15 feet from Judge.  You don't realize how big the dude is until you're that close.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I was on the field level for the All-Star game, about 15 feet from Judge.  You don't realize how big the dude is until you're that close.

I guess I cant really argue your point without being 15 feet away from him, but is there anyone watching him on TV that doesnt think the guy is fucking huge. Christ, he's listed at 6'7 282. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

lol and then stanton walks it off with a grand slam.

Hoo boy well tomorrow should be the most electric atmosphere for a regular season game I have ever been to now. Would not have bet on Stanton doing that tonight, but that’s awesome! My mom is watching the game back in Texas on her Extra Innings subscription. She is gonna be as hyped as she can be watching that ending!