2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

6 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

enjoy being a miserable fuck who is incapable of enjoying anything.

Nah, it's noteworthy, for sure. But 38 posts about how fucking great the Yankees are just starts wearing thin in a non-NYY thread.

Judge seems to be a good dude and I don't have a problem with him.  Carry on.

Edited by slorch

If this is for anything other than a front office purge, I'm gonna do something rash. The Athletic did a piece on how bad the Royals pitching development has been and put the bulk of the blame on Dayton Moore. Moore shot back in another interview and called the reporting false and cowardly. It wasn't a good look being that unaccountable. Maybe Sherman has had/seen enough. This is like waiting for Christmas morning.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

He gone. 

It's not a purge but it's a start. Moore exercised Matheny's option for next year so I don't know yet if he will be retained but I'm pretty sure that CalfuckingEldred will be gone. A couple extra million to make MM go away shouldn't be a big thing. My biggest question is whether JJ Picollo will be an improvement as GM using his own brain. It has been pretty evident that he was only a puppet for Moore up to now. Time will tell.

From 1970 up until the original owner, Ewing Kaufman, died the Royals were one of the best run franchises in baseball. It's a shame to see how far this organization has fallen in the years since. I have been a fan from the beginning but it has been tough.  I HAVE seen a Championship more recently than Yankees fans have so I have that going for me.

This turned out to be pretty cool getting here early. They were doing blood tests for prostate cancer before the game and gave out two tickets for a game next season just for doing it. Had no idea they would give tickets away, but I am sure this is something that takes places in parks around the country.

Edited by UpperWestside

8 hours ago, slorch said:

Nah, it's noteworthy, for sure. But 38 posts about how fucking great the Yankees are just starts wearing thin in a non-NYY thread.

Judge seems to be a good dude and I don't have a problem with him.  Carry on.

OK, I'll take over from here on how great the Dodgers are.  Because, you know, they are pretty great.  Let me know where you want me to start.  

MLB Team Run Differential

Season:                                                                          2007                                                                         2008                                                                         2009                                                                         2010                                                                         2011                                                                         2012                                                                         2013                                                                         2014                                                                         2015                                                                         2016                                                                         2017                                                                         2018                                                                         2019                                                                         2020                                                                         2021                                                                         2022                                                         
Date: 
Rank Team 2022 Last 3 Last 1 Home Away 2021
1 LA Dodgers +330.0 +1.0 -3.0 +143.0 +187.0 +278.0
2 NY Yankees +210.0 +2.0 +1.0 +131.0 +79.0 +38.0
3 Houston +208.0 +18.0 +5.0 +103.0 +105.0 +221.0
4 Atlanta +172.0 +7.0 +1.0 +107.0 +65.0 +146.0

53 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

This turned out to be pretty cool getting here early. They were doing blood tests for prostate cancer before the game and gave out two tickets for a game next season just for doing it. Had no idea they would give tickets away, but I am sure this is something that takes places in parks around the country.

Yeah, but part 2 is you need to go in the back for a more thorough prostate exam

spacer.png

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Nobody wanted you to start.

(I’m just messing with you.)

How great are the Dodgers?  Let me count the ways...

The funny thing is 3 weeks ago Helobious was convinced the Yanks (who had an 8 game division lead at the time) had a zero point zero percent chance of making the playoffs.

• Haha 1

Judge has made really good contact tonight on both of his doubles to left. If he had just a little more elevation on the last one it would’ve been a homer. This next at-bat in the 7th is probably his last of the night unless the Pirates have a big rally. Atmosphere has been really enjoyable which is always cool. Tomorrow should be fun with the Sox in town. 

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

How great are the Dodgers?  Let me count the ways...

The funny thing is 3 weeks ago Helobious was convinced the Yanks (who had an 8 game division lead at the time) had a zero point zero percent chance of making the playoffs.

To me I dont see how the Yankees aren’t the feel good story of the year in the MLB. A historically good start, a historically bad swoon that basically took them out of the playoff hunt, to rebounding and making the playoffs anyway. Oh yeah and their star player had a historic home run chase going on the whole time.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Helobious said:

To me I dont see how the Yankees aren’t the feel good story of the year in the MLB. A historically good start, a historically bad swoon that basically took them out of the playoff hunt, to rebounding and making the playoffs anyway. Oh yeah and their star player had a historic home run chase going on the whole time.

They have never been out of the playoff hunt. The downturn only took away any shot at having home field advantage. 

People that are not Yankee fans are not going to be pulling for the Little Engine That Could in The Bronx, because, well, the last time they were a feel good story was 2017. 

Judge is cool. Anyone that has a bone to pick with that guy probably also enjoys kicking puppies.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Hollywood is lining  up for movie rights.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

They might never spend enough to sign multiple perennial all stars to fat contract in one offseason again with hal running the show. But the yanks will never ever be anywhere close to being the national feel good story of the year

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

It's not a purge but it's a start. Moore exercised Matheny's option for next year so I don't know yet if he will be retained but I'm pretty sure that CalfuckingEldred will be gone. A couple extra million to make MM go away shouldn't be a big thing. My biggest question is whether JJ Picollo will be an improvement as GM using his own brain. It has been pretty evident that he was only a puppet for Moore up to now. Time will tell.

From 1970 up until the original owner, Ewing Kaufman, died the Royals were one of the best run franchises in baseball. It's a shame to see how far this organization has fallen in the years since. I have been a fan from the beginning but it has been tough.  I HAVE seen a Championship more recently than Yankees fans have so I have that going for me.

I get exactly what you are saying, but as long as you can say that you won a pennant plus a world series in the previous decade nobody is going to feel sorry for you. I remember KC winning as many WS in my lifetime (I'm a man- I'm 44) as I do Dodgers Titles.   

8 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

How can you not root for the small market team with a limited budget who’s never won anything. 

It’s tough trying to convince players to come here, but somehow they cobble together a ramshackle lineup of cast-offs and has-beens. Hard to compete with the resources of teams like Tampa, but they manage.

Judge had to swing at a pitch in his last at-bat just to get Wacha to throw a strike. Still got walked. I find the lack of competitive juice from Stout last night and Wacha this evening to be kind of cowardly. At least the Pirates starter last night went after him and did not care if he became associated with a Judge homer.

16 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

They’re not even the “feel good team” in the AL East.

That honor belongs to the guys from Beantown for bringing up the rear in the division.

The O’s attempting to win games for the first time in years is cool. Should be a hyper-competitive division next year.

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yankees walk-off the Sox and clinch a playoff spot. Fucking incredible. They probably had a sub 30% chance to make the playoffs a month ago but they went out and did it anyway. 

I went last night to try to see this giant mother fucker hit 61. 0-2 with 3 Walks, and one pop out to dead center in the 9th that fell 3 feet short of 61 and clinching a playoff spot with one swing. Place was electric by Yankee game standards.

25ABEDF2-820E-4720-95DC-46DF125B1149.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2