2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I went last night to try to see this giant mother fucker hit 61. 0-2 with 3 Walks, and one pop out to dead center in the 9th that fell 3 feet short of 61 and clinching a playoff spot with one swing. Place was electric by Yankee game standards.

25ABEDF2-820E-4720-95DC-46DF125B1149.jpeg

I’ll be there tonight. Me snd three buddies from UT. It’s our annual guy’s trip. Normally do a UT road schedule but the schedule sucks this year, picked Yankees/Sox at random and then now have chance to see Judge hut 61. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

I have a feeling he ties the record against Toronto and breaks it against Baltimore. I think there’s just too much build up for it to happen this weekend if that makes sense.

Good thing history doesn't really set up that way.  I can't think of the number of records I've seen broken right on pace, but it's a lot.

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

~2 min vid.

Love that the whole stadium is cheering for him. 

Hell yeah! Congrats King Alfred! Today the DR is celebrating with you, just like all of baseball is! 

Great player, great career. Cannot wait to see him in Cooperstown. Going to have to wear my Dominican Jersey tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Love that the whole stadium is cheering for him. 

Indeed. Cool to see the guy finish up his career on this high note after he stunk it up with the Angels for so many years. Never been a huge fan of the guy, but 700 HR is something else. I actually kind of like the Cards at 20-1 to win the WS, and maybe Pujols goes out on the highest note of them all. I'm not saying I think the Cards will win it all, just that I like those odds better than +350 on the dodgers, +425 on Houston, etc..... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

I admittedly don’t know much about the collectibles market but is that ball really worth a lot of money? It’s not like it’s a record. It’s simply a round number.  

Barry Bonds' 756th home run sold for a little over $750k back in 2007. The pujols ball will get a decent chunk of change.

the judge ball will surpass both those, combined 

10 hours ago, Helobious said:

He got to 700 with 2 weeks to spare. Pretty much this entire board was convinced he wouldn’t get there at all last month.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:53 AM, Helobious said:

I have a feeling he ties the record against Toronto and breaks it against Baltimore. I think there’s just too much build up for it to happen this weekend if that makes sense.

Good point.

46 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Staring Ice Cube GIF

Earlier this week, Brandon Steiner, founder and CEO of CollectibleXchange and The Steiner Agency, told ESPN New York he thinks Judge's 62nd home run ball will be worth at least $2.5 million. 

He thinks Pujols' 700th will barely crack six figures.

"I think it’s a solid ball. Somebody in St. Louis could be more excited about that than necessarily nationwide … I think it’s a $100,000 ball, probably my guess," the founder and former CEO of Steiner Sports Memorabilia told FOX Business.

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Now I'd bet money he hits a bomb in his next PA.

I thought about that as I typed that out, as if my prediction rep needed any more hits. Anyone can run into a pitch. But watching him this weekend I just don’t see it happening until he gets out of NY and the pressure is dialed down.

38 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’ll be a while before judge hits another. I think the pressure finally got to him and he’s fully lost at that plate. Haven’t seen him look this bad as he has the past 3 games.

I assume you mean Thursday - today. He’s reached base in 40% of his plate appearances. I’ll go out on a limb and suggest that he’s fine.