2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

Stating the obvious, but a historic year for Judge.  This first non-juiced 60 HR season since Maris and the biggest MLB-oultlier-lap-the-field 60 HR season ever.  Even when Ruth hit 60, Gehrig had 47.

This would have been a lot more fun if the Selig juiced era never happened.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, WBT said:

This first non-juiced 60 HR season since Maris

This would have been a lot more fun if the Selig juiced era never happened.

Minister of propaganda for Manfred, eh?  I never would have guessed it.  Nice job cleaning up baseball with the Astros scandal too.

#pickandchoose

#seewhatwewant

#totallyconvincing

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Minister of propaganda for Manfred, eh?  I never would have guessed it.  Nice job cleaning up baseball with the Astros scandal too.

#pickandchoose

#seewhatwewant

#totallyconvincing

I mean, they can both be shitty at the job.  Selig at least seemed to like baseball.

15 minutes ago, pops said:

Ruth hit 60 in 151. Bonds hit 73. This only matters because it is the Yankees and the Yankees suck. 

Bonds and Mcguire and Sosa were juicing. So were the fucking pitchers. This is all so dumb. 

A player hitting 61 homers in a season only matters because it's the Yankees? Disagree.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, pops said:

Ruth hit 60 in 151. Bonds hit 73. This only matters because it is the Yankees and the Yankees suck. 

Bonds and Mcguire and Sosa were juicing. So were the fucking pitchers. This is all so dumb. 

It’s the AL record. Sorry that it’s a big deal but it is. No surprise you’re siding with blatant cheaters though, considering the team you root for.

27 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Acting like he is breaking the MLB single season record. He is 6'7" 260+lbs he should be hitting home runs. But his 160+ strike outs takes him out of any talk being compared to Bonds.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Bonds stats were inhuman for a reason. It’s no surprise no one has come close to replicating what he did that year.

Its hilarious to me that all Astros fans are insanely upset about what judge is doing. They sincerely believe Yordan or Altuve should win the MVP this year despite Judge being a leader in damn near every statistical category.

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’s the AL record. Sorry that it’s a big deal but it is. No surprise you’re siding with blatant cheaters though, considering the team you root for.

No it isn't. It's never been about a keague until now. If arozarena hit 61 no one would give a fuck. Quick... tell me the NL leader in steals. Lulz. 

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You think I'm an astros fan?  Ha!  

4 minutes ago, pops said:

No it isn't. It's never been about a keague until now. If arozarena hit 61 no one would give a fuck. Quick... tell me the NL leader in steals. Lulz. 

When have steals ever been as big of a deal as homers? Was there ever a 1998 chase for the steal leaderboard? You say the numbers 714, 755, 61, 73, 400, 500, etc. and people know what you’re talking about. Those numbers have weights that steals don’t. You’re just being obtuse because you know you’re wrong. No one has hit 60 homers in the AL in 61 years, no one has hit 60 homers in the MLB period in 21 years. It’s a big deal. Go cry about it. 

Just now, Helobious said:

When have steals ever been as big of a deal as homers? Was there ever a 1998 chase for the steal leaderboard? You say the numbers 714, 755, 61, 73, 400, 500, etc. and people know what you’re talking about. Those numbers have weights that steals don’t. You’re just being obtuse because you know you’re wrong. No one has hit 60 homers in the AL in 61 years, no one has hit 60 homers in the MLB period in 21 years. It’s a big deal. Go cry about it. 

Ok

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

130, 118, 104 were huge deals.

I'm not upset by what judge is doing. Media acting like he is breaking the MLB record. I never said he doesn't deserve the mvp, I never once brought up Altuve or Yordan. Lastly for the final time multiple teams were busted sign stealing , multiple players have come out and admitted various teams doing what the Astros did. Applaud what Judge is doing. He will get paid . He bet on himself and won. A great clutch season on his part.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2

judge deserves all the praise he’s getting this year and all the cash he’ll get next year. 

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

They sincerely believe Yordan or Altuve should win the MVP this year despite Judge being a leader in damn near every statistical category.

this is why you have zero credibility. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

The MVP is the big fucking Jap.  There should be no debate.  

https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohtani-mvp-race-value-by-war

This author completely disagrees. It comes down to Ohtani providing great value at both hitting and pitching, while judge provides better value at hitting, fielding, and base running (Judge is 16 for 19 stealing bases, Ohtani is 11 for 20. Bet you had no idea).

Edited by Helobious

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohtani-mvp-race-value-by-war

This author completely disagrees. It comes down to Ohtani providing great value at both hitting and pitching, while judge provides better value at hitting, fielding, and base running (Judge is 16 for 19 stealing bases, Ohtani is 11 for 20. Bet you had no idea).

Ohtani is the best baserunner in baseball from home to 1st, per the broadcasters on the Angel game tonight. 

Edited by Gil Bang

Judge will win MVP but I think it should be Ohtani.  Judge is having a great year (one of the best offensive seasons ever actually) but what Ohtani does is mind blowing.  The dude is an ace pitcher and oh by the way an all star level hitter in your line up.   He has 15 wins on the Angels which would equate to a 20-25 game winner on a division leading team.  Dude is a unicorn like the league hasn’t seen since Babe Ruth.