2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

49 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

When you lose by a run and that run came via a guy who had recorded two outs and had walked seven in his return to the team, yes that is no more, no less what decided the game. Again, no one made good contact last night outside of Cabrera. Britton should never have been activated this season.

The O’s trotted out a coward to the bump today. One of many guys over the last several weeks that mentally cannot handle the moment. I would not care if it was Alvarez going for the record in Houston or if it was prime JD Martinez. Grow a set and pitch to guys or don’t take the mound. Give me a Verlander or Nolan Ryan in these situations every day of the week.

image.thumb.jpeg.d08326b6a35bea76d65f968d24e7fa90.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The “judge is no Bonds” argument has really taken a hit the past 2 weeks. Everyone’s terrified to pitch to him. His OBP is over .500 since he hit #60.

And major lulz from the Angels. Hey @Gil Bang your Asian boyfriend is going to be wearing pinstripes next year deal with it. 

Today was silly. He goes up 3-0 in the 8th and decides to swing at three straight instead of taking another walk. He goes down swinging, but that was the only shot he had to make contact in that situation. It was 8-0 so why not swing at three straight. When he gets 62 almost no one will remember who served up the homer so that is why I find it so confounding that these pitchers won’t challenge him.

Would be awesome to see Ohtani here, but not a chance it happens. 

Edited by UpperWestside

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

The “judge is no Bonds” argument has really taken a hit the past 2 weeks. Everyone’s terrified to pitch to him. His OBP is over .500 since he hit #60.

Judge has been intentionally walked 19 times this season. Barry Bonds was intentionally walked 120 times when he was 40 years old in 2004.

also, you spent the entire first week where everybody was terrified to pitch to judge incessantly bitching about how judge needed to have a day off because he was struggling so badly, so maybe stfu for a while on this one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Harrison Bader is just cool to watch and I feel like this is a guy you want long-term in Pinstripes. It’s like watching Gardner play, but with more range in the outfield. I would get this guy a long-term contract ASAP. He and Oswaldo Cabrera have been a nice injection of energy into the team down the stretch. 

Congratulations to the O’s.  First team since 1899 (if I heard correctly) to post a winning record the season after losing 110 games.

All done while plugging a bunch of kids and older rookies, along with some Rule 5 castoffs, into big roles as the season moved along.  Also, can’t overlook the veteran leadership provided by Robinson Chirinos, Roughned Odor, and Jordan Lyles who were mentioned all year long by Brandon Hyde for their contributions on and off the field.

Ownership said this week they will renew their lease for OPACY and Mike Elias was quoted as having received the go ahead to shop in the trade and free agent markets this offseason.  Renewed fan interest and a well stocked system suggests good times ahead.

Go O’s!

10 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Congratulations to the O’s.  First team since 1899 (if I heard correctly) to post a winning record the season after losing 110 games.

All done while plugging a bunch of kids and older rookies, along with some Rule 5 castoffs, into big roles as the season moved along.  Also, can’t overlook the veteran leadership provided by Robinson Chirinos, Roughned Odor, and Jordan Lyles who were mentioned all year long by Brandon Hyde for their contributions on and off the field.

Ownership said this week they will renew their lease for OPACY and Mike Elias was quoted as having received the go ahead to shop in the trade and free agent markets this offseason.  Renewed fan interest and a well stocked system suggests good times ahead.

Go O’s!

Hyde should be a unanimous pick for AL Manager of the Year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Hyde should be a unanimous pick for AL Manager of the Year.

I wouldn’t doubt some NY sportswriter will vote for Boone.

BTW, during today’s postgame presser, a NY reporter asked both Hyde and O’s SP Kyle Bradish if they “were surprised Bradish wasn’t tossed” for questioning a no swing by Golden Boy (who happened to K on the next pitch).  Seriously … that’s all the clown could come up with?

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Go O’s!

Lol. You’ll be lucky to finish in 3rd place next year. 

This is exactly like when everyone thought the Marlins “turned the corner” in 2020. Promising young stars and loaded farm system. Look how great that turned out. The O’s are pretty inept and vastly overperformed this year (winning record with negative run differential). You’ll regress next year and stay in the cellar where you belong.

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Go O’s!

Yeah. Amazing season. Next year to the post-season!

I know ownership will never spend the big bucks, but let's see how far we can go! Pumped for the future and glad they secured a winning record today.

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Go ahead. If you sincerely believe they’re overtaking the Yankees, Jays, and Red Sox next year you’re out of your mind. 

Didn't they overtake the Red Sox this season?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah. Amazing season. Next year to the post-season!

I know ownership will never spend the big bucks, but let's see how far we can go! Pumped for the future and glad they secured a winning record today.

Didn't they overtake the Red Sox this season?

When was the last time the Sox had two shitty seasons in a row? Not going to happen.

Edited by Helobious

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

This is exactly like when everyone thought the Marlins “turned the corner” in 2020. Promising young stars and loaded farm system. Look how great that turned out. The O’s are pretty inept and vastly overperformed this year (winning record with negative run differential). You’ll regress next year and stay in the cellar where you belong.

tell me you don't know who mike elias is without telling me you don't know who mike elias is.