2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

On 9/23/2022 at 7:53 AM, Helobious said:

I have a feeling he ties the record against Toronto and breaks it against Baltimore. I think there’s just too much build up for it to happen this weekend if that makes sense.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:04 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Good thing history doesn't really set up that way.  I can't think of the number of records I've seen broken right on pace, but it's a lot.

What are you. Pre-med?

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Fuck yes aaron. 

Also that idiot jumped thinking the ball would land down there. Whoops.

Idiot indeed. At least wait until you are 100% sure it didn't reach the seats and fell into that space. Even then, stupid to jump that far down. He didn't escape without some injury and now has zero to show for it. 

2 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Rangers never learned about those gaps between fence and seats even after a fan died in the old ball park

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Sorry you're jealous that we gave up the AL and non-juiced record in our ballpark.

Better luck next time, ASStros!

Edited by ztejas

36 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

How is 249 a club record the Yankees? It’s actually a decline for Cole, haven’t they had some amazing pitchers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

*well the record is 257 now.

Jeter was their first player to ever reach 3,000 hits. Bama never had a heisman winner until Mark Ingram. No former Longhorn has ever been responsible for a Super Bowl TD. There’s all kinds of things in sports that make no sense. 

6 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Rangers never learned about those gaps between fence and seats even after a fan died in the old ball park

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Meh...kind of like ole pinky getting laid out by Wagner on the Rams the other night; as a fan, stay where you're supposed to be...

Zero sympathy for idiots like that.

Edited by slorch

17 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

For fuck's sake, when are the Friday game times going to be announced?

It should be pretty easy to project

Cle-Tpa
Tor-Sea
Nym-Sd
Stl-Phi

That's the likely sequence though you could interchange the AL games as the network will hate both.

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Not liking the new tie-breaker rules -- zero relevant games today.

And when are they going to set the game times for Friday?  Fuck you, Manfred.

What year was it that had a completely insane final day? 2011? 2012? That one day inspired the MLB to create the Wild Card play in game, which led to the current wild card round.

17 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Idiot indeed. At least wait until you are 100% sure it didn't reach the seats and fell into that space. Even then, stupid to jump that far down. He didn't escape without some injury and now has zero to show for it. 

Bad take.

If the ball is worth $2mm (which I read earlier today is an estimate), jumping down and risking minor (in this case, zero) injury in order to potentially get the ball is smart. You are already good odds for winning the "lottery" being 1 in 50k or whatever the crowd size was, but being in that front row puts you at like 1 in 200 or something. 

It was a good bet, didn't work out.

6 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

Bad take.

If the ball is worth $2mm (which I read earlier today is an estimate), jumping down and risking minor (in this case, zero) injury in order to potentially get the ball is smart. You are already good odds for winning the "lottery" being 1 in 50k or whatever the crowd size was, but being in that front row puts you at like 1 in 200 or something. 

It was a good bet, didn't work out.

Or he could’ve, you know, watched the actual flight of the ball and seen it wasn’t going to end up being close to that weird death gap the rangers always have.

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

How about just listing the team names you fucking douche. 

How do you not know what easily recognizable names like Next Level or Time to Shine refer to?

Ok if you go to original tweet you’d see logos next to the names. Still a shitty tweet and his Houston cougar ass can go fuck itself.

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

It should be pretty easy to project

Cle-Tpa
Tor-Sea
Nym-Sd
Stl-Phi

That's the likely sequence though you could interchange the AL games as the network will hate both.

Well, you got Saturday right. Friday; not so much

Edited by TonyTexas

It's crazy to me how people just straight up don't respect Bonds' record. Yet Tom Brady plays in the NFL when he's 45 and nobody bats an eye. Nothing fishy, no questions. And obviously NFL players use PEDs. And we all just sort of accept it. You can't tell me there aren't MLB stars using right now.

Edited by Pam Cummings