2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

49 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Maddon fired from the Angels

How can you look the smartest man in baseball right in the eyes and fire him?

What if you miss?

Roger-Verbal-Kint.jpg

Edited by slorch

They have Cole and Cortes, whenever they run up against a some real bats and a real pitching staff that train is slowing way the fuck down, they have a few guys who are statistically punching over their weight, their pitching staff is their foundation, Severino has been ass this year

I was hopeful there for a bit that this was the year we were finally going to see the Angels and all their superstars in the playoffs. But no they suck again!

We'll see if firing their manager does anything but when you are only three games better than the Orioles...

Edited by Valmy77

9 hours ago, BrickTop said:

They have Cole and Cortes, whenever they run up against a some real bats and a real pitching staff that train is slowing way the fuck down, they have a few guys who are statistically punching over their weight, their pitching staff is their foundation, Severino has been ass this year

We'll see. I thought they would cool off, but they appear to be really good.

After the Twins they get the Cubs, then: Rays, at Blue Jays, at Rays, Astros.

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I was hopeful there for a bit that this was the year we were finally going to see the Angels and all their superstars in the playoffs. But no they suck again!

We'll see if firing their manager does anything but when you are only three games better than the Orioles...

Didn't take long at all for that bubble to burst. But pretty much as predicted for a roster that's thinner than $100 car paint. They'll have to crank it up to win 85 games. Regardless, I'm sure the media will continue to dote. 

11 hours ago, Scraps said:
12 hours ago, WBT said:
2-run HR in the 1st for Trout.  Phil Nevin is a genius 

And now he is hurt and left the game

I’m getting concerned that Trout’s career arc is going to resemble Griffey’s. Both appeared to be inner-circle HOFers throughout their 20s. Griffey couldn’t stay healthy after his age-30 season and never again really resembled the guy he was in his 20s. Trout played in 36 games last year, and if this groin injury persists…

I do think Trout is a better hitter than Griffey was, and his production when he’s been healthy the last few years hasn’t dropped off at all, despite the reduced playing time, so it probably won’t be a 1:1 comparison. But I’m hoping he has a few more healthy seasons.

15 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I’m getting concerned that Trout’s career arc is going to resemble Griffey’s. Both appeared to be inner-circle HOFers throughout their 20s. Griffey couldn’t stay healthy after his age-30 season and never again really resembled the guy he was in his 20s. Trout played in 36 games last year, and if this groin injury persists…

I do think Trout is a better hitter than Griffey was, and his production when he’s been healthy the last few years hasn’t dropped off at all, despite the reduced playing time, so it probably won’t be a 1:1 comparison. But I’m hoping he has a few more healthy seasons.

I just don’t see that happening.  His highest total of games played since 2016 is 140, missing significant time in ‘17 and ‘21.  He missed a month in ‘19, but still had good enough numbers to barely beat Bregs for MVP.

274570BA-4C06-4543-BF37-BEE1054F2864.thumb.jpeg.84731b60c8081f52dc4bb18ee75ad0cf.jpeg

On 6/7/2022 at 9:06 PM, WBT said:

2-run HR in the 1st for Trout.  Phil Nevin is a genius 

What are the odds Trout pulls a Barry Sanders and bails because his franchise fucking kills his soul?

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

They weren't even the Yankees then. Not that you knew that. 

I'm kidding. About you not knowing that. Maybe. Did you know that?

I’m guessing he did not or he would have said that the Yankees have never had a 12 game losing streak. 

25 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

They weren't even the Yankees then. Not that you knew that. 

I'm kidding. About you not knowing that. Maybe. Did you know that?

I know they were still the Highlanders, didn’t feel like qualifying that. I’d skullfuck any of you in a Yankee history quiz.