2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

2 hours ago, BrickTop said:

Not saying they suck because they don’t, just don’t see the dominant World Series run, they have plenty of glaring deficiencies

The Yankees and their insurmountable glaring deficiencies rallied back and just took a 9-7 lead. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Glaringly deficient Yankees erase 7-2 deficit and win 10-7.

FYI, when your ace-adjacent pitcher throws the worst game of his life and you win anyway, you’re probably a pretty good team. 

aren't you like 30, if not older by now? quit posting like a combative fucking 12 year old. nobody gives a shit, all you're doing is polluting the thread with your persecution complex nonsense. christ. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

post your random, inane yankee facts in a thread that's dedicated to the yankees, not here. again, nobody gives a shit about your daily yankee updates or your delusional victim complex. leave that shit out of this thread.

BrickTop started that entire thing. I’m gonna defend my team. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Cubs pitchers tossing BP tonight. Stanton ties his own record for hardest hit ball in the MLB this season. 

I was going to go to this game, but I was so tired when I got home from work that I am just going to attempt to go later on today, weather permitting. 

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So why is he doing this? He’s 39. Think I’d just hang it up instead of playing on SpongeBob nights in triple A.

Plus, he's making $24M this year and next.  You literally could buy everything in El Paso and still have money left over to buy everything in Juarez.

• Haha 1

3 years to refuse the assignment, 5 years to refuse it & still collect your fully guaranteed pay. 

Willie Calhoun has to slink back to RR or else he will forfeit the rest of his $1.3M this season. Same with your boy DeJong earlier. 

Rougie refused his assignment & still gets all of it because he was >5 years. 

Edited by ss13
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That's not correct.  You only need 3 years service time to be allowed to refuse a minor league assignment.

How dare you question my MLB contract knowledge. 

Good to know. I was just going off of what was said on Twitter. Because Twitter is never wrong about anything. 

So he's basically just doing it for the love of the game? Kind of cool. 

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

It must be hard for you to have someone you hate so much to be successful. 

Pretty amazing stat

I don’t hate Stanton anymore. With Hicks & Gallo on the team I can see what actual horrible players look like.

That’s the most impressive part of the Yankees season. They’ve been doing this with 2 gigantic anchors getting regular playing time

The Cubs seem like they may not be real good at baseball this year if you let Kiner-Falefa and Gallo get two RBI’s each in the opening frame. Not to mention dropping the infield pop-up as well which was just a brilliant lesson on communication. Shocking observation I know.

Edited by UpperWestside

Fucking ouch. 

The Nationals signed Strasburg to a seven-year, $245 million extension in December 2019, but because of injuries, he has made just eight major league starts since signing that contract, going 1-4 with a 6.89 ERA in those games.

Back on the DL after only averaging 91.9 MPH in his '22 debut.