2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, Scraps said:
3 hours ago, slorch said:
Dodgers won 2-0, so help us out with the maths...

He is referring to what Goldy did not Betts

right, Beau Vine and SB Bruin were arguing over who was hotter (in terms of recent hitting performance, I think) between Goldy and Betts a few weeks back. BV’s post was meant to highlight the fact that Betts has cooled off and Goldschmidt has remained locked in. That’s why I commented on Goldschmidt’s day.

• Hook 'Em 1

[mention=2317]BrickTop[/mention] stop making the Yankees win.

Yes, please.

The fact that the Yanks have still only lost 16 games while playing in the hardest division in baseball is all the more impressive.

Fuck those guys, but impressive nonetheless.
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, WBT said:

My playing around in Excel says one team with two immaculate innings in the same game should happen about once every 15,000 years.  I'll eagerly await fangraphs and the other nerds to weigh in.

Did you factor in the Rangers Effect?

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Just checking in to see if Mookie Betts is still the hottest hitter on the planet.

In the history of forever, I'd say.

Will be watching in person in a few hours.  Looking forward to seeing Trout and Ohtani live.

• Hook 'Em 1

yankees are up 4-0 right now, with all 4 runs coming on two yankee homers. one went 364", the other went 371". Judge's HR (the 364 foot blast to right-center) would have been a routine fly out in every single other ballpark in the league. 

i'll give the yankees this: they've built a bandbox park and have gone and gotten a lineup full of mashers. we'll see if this is the year where that strategy finally results in some postseason success.

Edited by shadow_operative

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

yankees are up 4-0 right now, with all 4 runs coming on two yankee homers. one went 364", the other went 371". Judge's HR (the 364 foot blast to right-center) would have been a routine fly out in every single other ballpark in the league. 

i'll give the yankees this: they've built a bandbox park and have gone and gotten a lineup full of mashers. we'll see if this is the year where that strategy finally results in some postseason success.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I find that very frustrating. Seems like the Angels have been that way since 2014.

Great players you want to see do great things on a garbage team.

They’ve paid a lot of money to Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, CJ Wilson and Justin Upton over the last decade. They have not gotten a lot of value out of those investments. Rendon could still turn it around, but so far that signing hasn’t paid off either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I find that very frustrating. Seems like the Angels have been that way since 2014.

Great players you want to see do great things on a garbage team.

You can't hold it against Moreno.  He throws a shitload of money at that team.  They just haven't drafted well, and can't seem to put a lineup and pitching staff together at the same time.

14 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Padres win again, Dodgers fall out of first.

Going to Dodgers at Padres on that first week in September.  Friday night opens the series and is some beer celebration also.

SD-Chicken-field-dance.jpg

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

You can't hold it against Moreno.  He throws a shitload of money at that team.  They just haven't drafted well, and can't seem to put a lineup and pitching staff together at the same time.

He does spend, but he’s spent it foolishly. Maybe that’s on his GMs, not sure how those decisions were made. But that Pujols contract always looked absurd, as he was clearly paying a guy in his 30s (and into his 40s) for production from his 20s.