2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

36 minutes ago, ss13 said:

He gone. 

Oof. So the Angels paid $70 million for him to play in 103 games and produce 1.2 fWAR over the 2021 and 2022 seasons. They’ll be paying him $35mm annually for the next 4 years. He’ll be 33 next season.

I think I know why the Angels can’t ever get over the hump…

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Guardians with the common 4-3-2 putout…at third base 

Heh, that's fun.  A team actually rotated and had the bag covered in one of those goofy shift situations.  Although Ramirez was still trying to run for 3rd and wasn't going to make it.  I bet no one was covering the plate either...if the throw to 3rd had been a little offline Muncy could have kept going.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/guardians-vs-dodgers/2022/06/17/662719#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=videos,game=662719

Edited by WBT

30 minutes ago, ss13 said:

Best part was he hit 10 years service time today to become fully-vested, cool of Mil to wait. 

I wouldn't be surprised if KC brings him back.  Regardless, he should retire in KC, where he'll never have to pay for a meal or a drink for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I wouldn't be surprised if KC brings him back.  Regardless, he should retire in KC, where he'll never have to pay for a meal or a drink for the rest of his life.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. Had Milwaukee not given him the time to get vested, Dayton Moore would have. He is a terrible GM but a good human. I wish he would go be a missionary and quit fucking up the royals. 
Cain was a joy to watch play. Cain Gordon and Dyson was the best outfield I ever got to see in person. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

The collision was on the first batter of the game Wednesday.  Belly and Mookie just ran into each other.  Belly had no business trying to make that play.  

Kimbrel fucking sucks.  We should’ve kept Kenley.  Kimbrel is a fucking gas can.

4 hours ago, ss13 said:

Who had Jack Suwinski hitting three bombs today? 

Shit, he had a really good day. 

Suwinski became the first rookie in major league history to have a three-homer game that included a walk-off home run, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. He also became the first Pirates player with multiple walk-off home runs in a single month since Wally Westlake in September of 1947.

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

The Sawx have won 14 of their last 18...and they've lost 3 games on the yankees. yeah. i think we're at the point where, barring major injuries, the yankees' season will be considered a failure with anything less than a title. 

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF