2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

Yeah, The Angels are hammered dogshit, but Shohei remains the best player in MLB, and arguably the best pitcher in MLB.  Through 6.2 tonight, he's got 8 K, 0 ER, and 2 RBI at the plate.  Now in the 7th.  He's allowed 2 hits.

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah, The Angels are hammered dogshit, but Shohei remains the best player in MLB, and arguably the best pitcher in MLB.  Through 6.2 tonight, he's got 8 K, 0 ER, and 2 RBI at the plate.  Now in the 7th.  He's allowed 2 hits.

i'd say that shane mcclanahan has a firm grip on the best pitcher in baseball, at least for this year so far, but yeah- Shohei is an actual ace on the hill himself. just mind blowing talent.

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i'd say that shane mcclanahan has a firm grip on the best pitcher in baseball, at least for this year so far, but yeah- Shohei is an actual ace on the hill himself. just mind blowing talent.

firm grip eh?

you're just overly proud of him since you fleeced me in that trade

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Maybe on the season but over the past few weeks Shohei has been the best. 

Shane has been pretty u touchable the past few weeks as well.

95B22D15-C08F-4365-BE4C-21D92EF6D96C.thumb.jpeg.c44dd8048bf9a4831d0b0ac8224215bd.jpeg

he got 19 called strikes and 18 swinging strikes vs TOR, who has a pretty sick lineup. his four pitch arsenal rivals that of Shohei or anybody else. both guys are able to just pound the zone, and with the insanely different movements of their pitches hitters are just totally screwed. either guy is worth the price of admission. 

Edited by shadow_operative

26 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol what a bunch of horseshit. The Mets are choke artists and have been utterly exposed by every decent team they’ve played, meanwhile the Yankees have the best MLB record against teams >.500. But yeah the Mets have better odds of winning it all 

The Mets don’t have to beat the Astros to get to the World Series 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The Mets don’t have to beat the Astros to get to the World Series 

Astros making the WS again would suck. They’d just lose for the 3rd trip in a row, no one wants to see that. Their pitching has over performed way more than the Yankee hitting, mean regression is coming. I don’t see the Astros making it past the Yankees. 

Astros making the WS again would suck. They’d just lose for the 3rd trip in a row, no one wants to see that. Their pitching has over performed way more than the Yankee hitting, mean regression is coming. I don’t see the Astros making it past the Yankees. 
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Spoiler

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9521cad02ffb5538091c

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Stay Cool Thank You GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

it would only suck for you.

San Dimas could have been RGV football...

49 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

yes, obviously. who would you vote for?

Judge. Not even close. He’s the best player on the best team. It’s cool Ohtani can pitch shutouts against teams like the mariners and orioles and hit homers while his team is down 7 runs, but Judge is carrying a winner on his back on the biggest stage.

If you think the error stat should still exist in baseball, you need to watch that vid. A 20 foot pop up RBI double because “no one touched it”. So stupid.

*Wow, official ruling has been changed to an error. Announcers saying contrary to popular belief you actually can be charged an error even if you don’t touch the ball. It just rarely happens for some reason.

Edited by Helobious

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Judge. Not even close. He’s the best player on the best team. It’s cool Ohtani can pitch shutouts against teams like the mariners and orioles and hit homers while his team is down 7 runs, but Judge is carrying a winner on his back on the biggest stage.

that's what i figured. 

i'm only going to say this to you once, and i sincerely hope you take this into consideration: if you would simply stop with the "not even close" crap which permeates all of your posts, you would not believe how much a better poster you would be, and how much better this thread would be for it.

like right now, i'm not even going to discuss the shohei vs judge thing with you any further (or the fact that Yordan is doing the same thing that Judge is doing), because there's zero point in trying to talk to a person as proudly biased as you. i'd love to have this mvp discussion with plenty of posters in this thread who are capable of having adult conversations and not sensationalizing everything like this is a morning talk show on espn. but everything with you is "not even fucking close or up for debate." the day you stop doing that crap it will improve the day to day quality of this thread immensely, and will improve the way people here see and interact with you. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that's what i figured. 

i'm only going to say this to you once, and i sincerely hope you take this into consideration: if you would simply stop with the "not even close" crap which permeates all of your posts, you would not believe how much a better poster you would be, and how much better this thread would be for it.

like right now, i'm not even going to discuss the shohei vs judge thing with you any further (or the fact that Yordan is doing the same thing that Judge is doing), because there's zero point in trying to talk to a person as proudly biased as you. i'd love to have this mvp discussion with plenty of posters in this thread who are capable of having adult conversations and not sensationalizing everything like this is a morning talk show on espn. but everything with you is "not even fucking close or up for debate." the day you stop doing that crap it will improve the day to day quality of this thread immensely, and will improve the way people here see and interact with you. 

You’re the one that asked me. 

And Yordan is not doing what Judge is doing. Judge plays serviceable centerfield defense, Yordan can’t do anything other than swing a bat.

• Fuck You 1