2022 3rd place Wildcard Qualifying New York Yankees Thread

Helobious

6 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Sure would be nice if Baltiless won the series today. I really think the best course of action for the Astros is for the MFY to become panic buyers at the deadline so that they overpay and pick up some albatross contracts while pillaging their farm system.

Cashman & co don’t do that anymore in-season. They’ll refuse to upgrade the team at all costs. Off season is when they get stupid. I don’t know where the disconnect comes.

On 7/22/2022 at 10:02 AM, Helobious said:

I’m so fucking sick of losing to those fucking cheaters. I have to shitpost in their thread out of moral obligation but it’s not fun at all when we keep losing. We need upgrades now. 

Maybe spending 200 million instead of 100 million more a season can buy you a WS appearance. Kind of like needing 5 losers to beat up a single Opposing fan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Maybe spending 200 million instead of 100 million more a season can buy you a WS appearance. Kind of like needing 5 losers to beat up a single Opposing fan. 

That was Yankee on Yankee violence. And dipshit fan behavior happens everywhere.

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2022 at 11:46 AM, Helobious said:

Cashman & co don’t do that anymore in-season. They’ll refuse to upgrade the team at all costs. Off season is when they get stupid. I don’t know where the disconnect comes.

This aged well

This team is done & they’re exactly who I thought they were before the season. 14-16 since the start of July. I would not be shocked at all if they missed the playoffs. The ALCS is 110% out of the question. Cashman had a real chance to make them a contender at the deadline and he actually made them worse. Benintendo is fucking horrible, and Monty is gonna skewer us with his dick tomorrow. German is not at all anywhere near as good as Monty. There’s guys in AAA that can give the team a jolt but they’ll never get a chance to. Motherfuck everything.

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This team is done & they’re exactly who I thought they were before the season. 14-16 since the start of July. I would not be shocked at all if they missed the playoffs. The ALCS is 110% out of the question. 

If they continue at this pace and go, say, 25-30 the rest of the way, they’ll be at 95 wins. It would take an absolutely shocking collapse for them to miss the playoffs. 

Gallo is doing his best to make sure he has the biggest face on my Mt. Rushmore of hatred. Dude was literally the worst hitter in Yankee history, and has dragged the fanbase any chance he has gotten to after he left, largely through made up bullshit. A fanbase that gave him way more rope than he deserved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Smart guy. 

Yankees reliever Aroldis Chapman was dropped from the team's American League Division Series roster because he missed Friday's workout.

Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Sunday that the former All-Star closer was in Miami rather than at Yankee Stadium and did not provide an acceptable excuse.

"I was disappointed," Boone said, adding that disciplinary action is possible.

The Yankees will play the Cleveland Guardians in the best-of-five series that starts Tuesday.

Matt Carpenter likely will be on New York's roster, Boone also said, as Carpenter has recovered from a broken foot. Outfielder Andrew Benintendi remains a long shot following hand surgery, and DJ LeMahieu's status had not been determined as he tries to overcome an injured toe, Boone said.

Gerrit Cole will start for the Yankees in Tuesday night's opener, followed by Nestor Cortes in Game 2 and Luis Severino in Game 3.

Boone is leaning toward a three-man rotation against the Guardians in the best-of-five series.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Yankees treating the ALDS like Jimbo treats the first half of the PVAMU game. 

image.gif.6fc7dc11afde917276b1f42698ef52b8.gif

Have you been following baseball at all? Chapman lost his closer role at the beginning of the year and has been a non-factor used sparingly this year when healthy. There were questions about if he’d make the playoff roster before any of this happened.

Chapman being put out to pasture is for the best. His body language when he comes in or is on the mound was that of someone that did not want to be out there as well as someone who is struggling to find a way to pitch without being completely dominant. The writing was on the wall for this to happen for several months now. I doubt he pitches again for anyone unless he fixes his mechanics amd adjusts his approach.