ACL Fest 2022 - It Warrants a Thread

Footballpants

Jesus. Does their booking team even give a shit any longer?  You know it's bad when Asleep at the Wheel is in the middle of the bill instead of the fucking bottom with the gospel choirs and children acts.

All of the ticket reseller sites are about to be flooded with tickets.  You might as well wait until the morning of and pay 50% of face value.

Edited by CooterBrown

I'm going through the list of artists I've never heard of on Spotify...most of them have 10M+ listens with many with over 50M+ listens. WTF.  Who are these bands? They don't seem to tour, release albums, or get played anywhere other Spotify and social media.  They do all sound the same...programmed "real" instruments, auto tuned Billie Eilish style mumble vocals.   I guess this is a TikTok lineup fest?

• Hook 'Em 1

Musgraves is an absolute icon. She belongs at the top of that shitheap. I cannot think of a band i'd like to see any less than RHCP, what absolute drivel. I hope James Blake does a midweek show. Or at least Phoenix. Both are only doing a single weekend, I can't remember if single weekend acts end up doing an ACL Nights gig. Hope so.

13 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Musgraves is an absolute icon. She belongs at the top of that shitheap. I cannot think of a band i'd like to see any less than RHCP, what absolute drivel. I hope James Blake does a midweek show. Or at least Phoenix. Both are only doing a single weekend, I can't remember if single weekend acts end up doing an ACL Nights gig. Hope so.

I've hated RHCP with a passion for years and years and years. Absolute hot garbage. Happened across their performance of a new song when Fallon and Kimmel swapped shows on April Fool's and they're as bad as ever. Kiedis has always been bad. He's even worse now.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

Question that I should know the answer to, but don't....if I buy a 3 day pass, can I sell one day and keep the other two?

No.  You buy a wristband with a unique code.  You can let someone borrow it for two days, I guess a rental.  But I'd only do that with a trusted friend.

48 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I've hated RHCP with a passion for years and years and years. Absolute hot garbage. Happened across their performance of a new song when Fallon and Kimmel swapped shows on April Fool's and they're as bad as ever. Kiedis has always been bad. He's even worse now.

This.  Didn’t help that there was a good five year period where every single mother luvin, dog fuckin time I turned on 101x it was an RHCP song on.  Became a running joke with my wife.  Then I got a modern car with Bluetooth and the problem went away. 

Isn’t this like #3 that they’ve headlined?  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Homercles said:

This.  Didn’t help that there was a good five year period where every single mother luvin, dog fuckin time I turned on 101x it was an RHCP song on.  Became a running joke with my wife.  Then I got a modern car with Bluetooth and the problem went away. 

Isn’t this like #3 that they’ve headlined?  

At least. 2017 was their last one

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

There's plenty of decent stuff there.  I'm keen to see Kacey Musgraves as a headliner.  She's having a moment right now and the one hour slot last time was just not enough.  Still, this is me:

image.thumb.png.015b51cff275e4cde291a354d0a2daa5.png

Unfortunately this is me today.  But I swear this is the last time!!!