2022 Boston Red Sox Thread

dbecks

Alex Speier:

“When Brayan Bello takes the mound Wednesday, he will do so as the most anticipated Red Sox pitching prospect in years. Not since Eduardo Rodriguez in 2015 has a Red Sox minor league pitcher arrived in the big leagues with as clear a path to being a rotation anchor.

That Bello occupies that space almost exactly five years after signing with the Red Sox represents a remarkable development. He was a passed-over prospect on the international market who was overlooked by all 30 organizations for his first two full years of eligibility to sign. When the Red Sox finally inked him as an 18-year-old July 2, 2017, he signed for less than $30,000.

“I just took it as a challenge knowing that I wasn’t ready at [16] to sign and play professional baseball,” Bello said recently. “I took that year and a half to get more strength in my body and perform the right way so the chance eventually would come.”

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

Brasier and Strahm are killing me. Also, what a nice start back for Sale, and then the bullpen (predictably) implodes.

It’s been a really good last month for Brasier until this week.  A couple of nights ago wasn’t his fault but last night was.

5 hours ago, txhorns said:

It’s been a really good last month for Brasier until this week.  A couple of nights ago wasn’t his fault but last night was.

You’re correct. It’s probably more of an extrapolation of bullpen issues across the board, so my opinion of individual players is collectively more pessimistic. Brasier can be, and routinely is, very good. I just don’t have faith in the collective efforts of the pen. If the Sox make deadline moves, I think they have to get impactful help there. 

• Hook 'Em 1