2022 Chicago Cubs thread of mediocrity

Carl Spackler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can only hope the value of the Cubs goes up so much that those greedy fucks sell. It's the only hope, who's to say the next shiny thing pops up they don't want to cut salary and buy. Any time a young player comes up and is looking at a big payday, those assholes are going to dump him. Do me a favor, sell the Cubs, buy your soccer team and leave. 

Not a Cubs fan but took in a few games last week with my son when were up in Chicago. They beat the Brewers in 10 on Wednesday and the Cardinals the next night. Came away with a couple BP balls and a foul ball that rolled right to me off the roof. We left town and they promptly lost.

17 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Not a Cubs fan but took in a few games last week with my son when were up in Chicago. They beat the Brewers in 10 on Wednesday and the Cardinals the next night. Came away with a couple BP balls and a foul ball that rolled right to me off the roof. We left town and they promptly lost.

Now we know who to blame.

Sounds like you and the boy had a swell time.  Fun town and a fun place to see a couple games.  I haven't been at Wrigley since Opening Day (Night) 2015.  One of these days . . .

• 2 weeks later...

They fell in love with the World Series core until they didnt have much trade value. Now they have a lot of nothing at least at the major league level. Probably no one on that roster who will be part of the next playoff team. 

I hear good things about the minors but who knows. 

For most of their history the Cubs have sucked and Wrigley was the worlds biggest outdoor beer garden. Look at it that way and party. Game is incidental this season. 

• 1 month later...

Fuck Ricketts and Fuck Hoyer.  They had to dismantle the entire team from 2016 (except for Heyward because stupid contract)?  I understand a rebuild but they couldn't keep Rizzo and Contreras to build around (those guys are only around 30)?  The stupid ass Cardinals did that with Wainwright and Pujols and Molina.  Fuck this shit.

Glad Chelsea FC told you to shove it up your ass, Ricketts, you greedy fuck.

As has been mentioned, just give Cubs fans their favorite players to root for and they'll be happy drunks.  You don't even have to win.  Making the playoffs once a decade was our standard.  But they got rid of all our dudes.  All of them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

He'll forever be known in Chicago for "the speech," but Jason Heyward's time as a Cub is winding down, despite having one more year left on his contract.

Heyward, 32, won't be back with the Cubs for an eighth season in 2023, president of baseball operations Jed Hoyer said Monday.

"We want to give him a full offseason to be able to go out and find an opportunity," Hoyer said. "We'll go our separate directions at the end of the year."

Heyward has been on the injured list since late June with a knee ailment and might not return this season, meaning its likely he has played his last game as a Cub.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34371593/jason-heyward-another-year-left-contract-back-chicago-cubs-2023-jed-hoyer-says

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...