2022 Rangers/Astros thread of Hate

ztejas

Since some of you can't seem to make it past opening day without posting in the other team's thread, or talking shit in general threads, figured we may as well fire this up. 

Fuck all y'all swamp-dwelling, cheating-ass, recent-WS-appearance-having, indoor-locomotive-type, non-Marcus-Semien-rostering bitches.

Oh and good luck with your season (not really though) and Hook 'em Horns.

OP, you ARE aware that a good amount of folks, especially boomers, living in DFW are Astros fans right? Especially those like my mom's family that grew up in San Antonio and Austin. Growing up in the 60s the main baseball market Texas got was the Astros market. Rangers didn't exist yet. They were all in high school or college by the time the Rangers came. 

As the original starter of this thread for 3 years, I feel like it's outlived it's usefulness. For a while there the Rangers were riding the luck dragon in 1 run games to an obscene record seen about as often as Hailey's comet, and barely edging out the Astros.  Since that time, as life has come at the Rangers fast, we haven't had to deal with silliness like Odor is better than Altuve on our Astros threads in years.  This isn't needed to keep the Rangers fans segregated b/c there is very little proof that Rangers fan is an animal that exists in the wild. 

I assume Texas will suck for at least another couple years and this thread will similarly be unnecessary until they maybe try to make a run at the Astros division supremacy in 2024 or 2025. 

I think better times are probably ahead for Arlington, but I doubt it happens this year or next year.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

they maybe try to make a run at the Astros division supremacy in 2024 or 2025. 

But how many games per week will Altuve and Bregman be playing then?  And will Tucker be batting 6th or 7th?

7 minutes ago, WBT said:

But how many games per week will Altuve and Bregman be playing then?  And will Tucker be batting 6th or 7th?

That's his 3 run HR man, man.  Maybe we will get an OBP guy so that Tucker can hit 7th and be Dusty's grand slam guy.  Blake Gideon nods his head in approval. 

As a rule, I don’t go to the threads of pro teams of which I’m not a fan and talk trash.  Having said that, this season, >this< thread was started by a Rangers fan who must be at a level of torment and self-punishment that he would expose himself like an open wound to ‘Stros fans.  You lob a softball right over the middle of the plate and what would you have Astros fans do?  Good Lord, man.  This IS surly.  

I like the Rangers fine. I love the Astros.

The banter isn't necessarily reflective of true animosity.

I pretty much root for Texas any time they aren't playing Houston, FWIW.  Jumping in on these exchanges is just sophomoric idiocy, which is a release I seek out with regularity.

4 hours ago, slorch said:

Except that DFW pro sports fans are ridiculous people who deserve misery, shame, and ridicule.

Not even a week in and the standings show Houston in first and Arlington in last.  As it should be.

Suffer, you honorary Okie fucks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slorch said:

I like the Rangers fine. I love the Astros.

I pretty much root for Texas any time they aren't playing Houston, FWIW.  Jumping in on these exchanges is just sophomoric idiocy, which is a release I seek out with regularity.

I won't tolerate this dual-rootery nonsense. Not in this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/11/2022 at 9:44 AM, Longboard Horn said:

OP, you ARE aware that a good amount of folks, especially boomers, living in DFW are Astros fans right? Especially those like my mom's family that grew up in San Antonio and Austin. Growing up in the 60s the main baseball market Texas got was the Astros market. Rangers didn't exist yet. They were all in high school or college by the time the Rangers came. 

Although his family had a big hand in founding Fort Worth, Townes Van Zandt was an Astros fan.

May be an image of one or more people

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...