The Outlaws-Amazonian Prime

If there’s a thread for this, my apologies. But this show slid under the radar and it was a great watch. Not only does it basically star Walken (huge fan) but his part reminded me so much of my grandfather, hell even used some of the same sayings. Anyway, definitely a funny show that was written and directed by the tall, dorky Stephen merchant and he’s also in it. I guarantee laughs. The side “drama” is also great and moves the show along but wasn’t the real point of watching it. https://youtu.be/7hxqPxXV27E

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

If there’s a thread for this, my apologies. But this show slid under the radar and it was a great watch. Not only does it basically star Walken (huge fan) but his part reminded me so much of my grandfather, hell even used some of the same sayings. Anyway, definitely a funny show that was written and directed by the tall, dorky Stephen merchant and he’s also in it. I guarantee laughs. The side “drama” is also great and moves the show along but wasn’t the real point of watching it. https://youtu.be/7hxqPxXV27E

Watched the first episode last night.  Pretty good so far.  Big Merchant and Walken fan, so the cast is a hit.

9 hours ago, Paco said:
10 hours ago, Not a cat said:
Just started it. I love how they don't even bother trying to have Walken do a British accent.  Fuck it, just do your normal voice, Chris, we'll work around it.

It's because he's American.

He said he came over to England to avoid the draft after the draft lottery.  Married an English woman to be able to stay.

1 hour ago, abuelo gringo said:

He said he came over to England to avoid the draft after the draft lottery.  Married an English woman to be able to stay.

Yeah I saw that in episode 2.  It was just an odd observation made by me in episode 1 as that's something that would usually be explained right away in situations like that where one family member has an entirely different accent.

I just imagined them trying to get Walken to do a British accent, giving up and saying we'll explain it in later episodes.  I'm also bitter we didn't get to hear his attempts at the accent as that would have been comedic gold.

• 3 months later...

Can't believe this flew under my radar for an entire season. I saw Stephen Merchant on Seth Meyers a couple weeks ago and thought it was a new series. This checks a lot of my boxes. Merchant, britcom, Christopher freakin Walken. It's great.

Edited by RPM

Wife and I are 2 episodes into S2.

It’s gonna be interesting to see how they are gonna spin this.

We are back on board again. We like the dynamics of the group and same as I said about season 1.

I feel like Stephen merchant and co. wrote Frank with Christopher Walken in mind. Every scene he is in, it’s like perfection.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...