Dwayne Haskins dead

Pancho

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

I'm having trouble finding it in paperback.

Anyway, update:  He also had norketamine in him.

I meant for Jake, who got his street xanny dosed with fentanyl.

Nobody knows what kind of drugs Haskins was intentionally taking or unintentionally taking. Could be accident, suicide, murder, lots of things. Just fucked up he went from this kid to no longer with us.

47 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

So I’m not seeing all these media folks who cancelled anyone who failed to canonize Haskins say anything about this. Not a single one coming back and reporting that he was fucked up beyond belief and died of Darwin Award level stupidity.

They never do. At least (by luck) Haskins didn’t kill anyone with his car before it “ran out of gas.” His hooker widow claimed to have talked to him right before it happened but never mentioned how fucked up he was. She was probably planning to sue the dump truck driver and the city and state. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

So I’m not seeing all these media folks who cancelled anyone who failed to canonize Haskins say anything about this. Not a single one coming back and reporting that he was fucked up beyond belief and died of Darwin Award level stupidity.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I said if you’re fucking stupid enough to walk around a highway fucking boozed up, you deserve to get squashed. The world is a better place. 

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

They never do. At least (by luck) Haskins didn’t kill anyone with his car before it “ran out of gas.” His hooker widow claimed to have talked to him right before it happened but never mentioned how fucked up he was. She was probably planning to sue the dump truck driver and the city and state. 

That escallated quickly.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

With regard to today's "media," what level of responsibility could you reasonably expect of idiots who write shit like this? (From BON just minutes ago.)

"Through recruiting, he’s made strides since the conclusion of the 2021 campaign, including vaulted quarterback transfer Quinn Ewers, who left the Ohio State Buckeyes after one year."

Vaulter.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

FFS, who exactly was cancelled? Schefter was already a known dick and inserted a dick comment into a tweet immediately after the death was announced. He was simply called out for dickishness, he edited the tweet, and as far as I know is still gainfully employed, and continues to be a dick, which is most of what twitter is anymore. Anyone else cancelled? And "canonization"? Seriously? It was "maybe hold off on being a dick for a few days" nothing about treating him like a saint. He seems like a troubled young man who got himself killed being a fucking moron. It's tragic regardless of his playing career and personal shortcomings. It's fair game to discuss. Nobody has been or is being cancelled. That word has lost all meaning, just a trope for people who like to bitch and moan on the internet. Lame as fuck.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Let’s be honest: Haskins got released before his Rookie deal was even complete. The WFT didn’t even try to shop him.  

Schefter was a dick about it because:

A. Schefter’s natural setting is douchebag. 
B. Haskins was widely known in league circles to be a bust who really liked to party.

Schefter was an ass, but it’s totally understandable why he was so cavalier about it.  The NFL is a cruel place that only cares about winners.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

With regard to today's "media," what level of responsibility could you reasonably expect of idiots who write shit like this? (From BON just minutes ago.)

"Through recruiting, he’s made strides since the conclusion of the 2021 campaign, including vaulted quarterback transfer Quinn Ewers, who left the Ohio State Buckeyes after one year."

Vaulter.jpg

spacer.png

Ewers has a high ceiling.

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

FFS, who exactly was cancelled? Schefter was already a known dick and inserted a dick comment into a tweet immediately after the death was announced. He was simply called out for dickishness, he edited the tweet, and as far as I know is still gainfully employed, and continues to be a dick, which is most of what twitter is anymore. Anyone else cancelled? And "canonization"? Seriously? It was "maybe hold off on being a dick for a few days" nothing about treating him like a saint. He seems like a troubled young man who got himself killed being a fucking moron. It's tragic regardless of his playing career and personal shortcomings. It's fair game to discuss. Nobody has been or is being cancelled. That word has lost all meaning, just a trope for people who like to bitch and moan on the internet. Lame as fuck.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

22 hours ago, Zeus said:

Nobody knows what kind of drugs Haskins was intentionally taking or unintentionally taking.

Well he was obviously intentionally drinking. And as far as ketamine goes that isn't usually something someone does on accident. It's a pretty niche drug. Not that you need anything else in your system when you're as smashed as his BAC suggests.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

Vaulter.jpg

That writer probably uses 'verse' when he means 'versus'.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

When you point out little typographical errors, we all loose. 

LOL. Yep, I don't remember seeing it much in print, but I do hear people on TV & elsewhere saying it all the time in conversation, like 'Texas verse Alabama'.  WTAF? Buncha fucking cavemen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 12:04 AM, ztejas said:

Well he was obviously intentionally drinking. And as far as ketamine goes that isn't usually something someone does on accident. It's a pretty niche drug. Not that you need anything else in your system when you're as smashed as his BAC suggests.

Ketamine? Aggy has a guy

https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/football/charges-against-texas-a-ms-mckinnley-jackson-bumped-from-misdemeanor-to-felony/article_4a7f896a-167a-11ec-ba05-836b91552605.html

• 10 months later...

Jesus fuck. 

Dwayne Haskins was drugged on the night of his death as part of an alleged "blackmail and robbery conspiracy" against the former NFL quarterback, according to a lawsuit filed by his family.

The lawsuit, filed last month in Broward County, Florida, lists four individuals, two restaurants, a golf driving range and a hotel as defendants connected to the alleged conspiracy.

Haskins was killed April 9, 2022, after he was struck by a dump truck while he was walking on a South Florida highway. He was 24. The lawsuit also lists the driver of the truck as a defendant, citing his "negligent acts" as a direct cause of Haskins' death.

A statement released Monday by an attorney representing Haskins' family also mentioned the alleged conspiracy against Haskins and said the lawsuit "is an important step in the process of uncovering the complete truth about this tragedy."

"It is believed that Dwayne was targeted and drugged as part of a blackmail and robbery conspiracy," attorney Rick Ellsley said in the statement. "In fact, his highly-expensive watch was stolen from him shortly before his death." 

——

The lawsuit alleges the driver of the dump truck was speeding, driving carelessly and had a cargo load exceeding the legal weight limit. The lawsuit also alleges negligence by the individual owner of the 1994 Kenworth truck, the driver's trucking company, the Florida Department of Transportation, the rental car company and the contractor that provides signage along I-595. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/36147099/dwayne-haskins-drugged-blackmail-conspiracy-death-lawsuit-alleges

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, ABSR said:

The only person they say is not accountable in any way is Haskins!

I mean, if he was drugged, doesn't that relieve him of some responsibility? No idea if there is any truth to the allegation, but that appears to be the premise.

"The Florida Highway Patrol Traffic Homicide Report shows that Dwayne was only feet away from making it safely across the roadway when he was struck and killed by an old dump truck," Ellsley said in the statement. "... Many questions remain as to why the truck driver did not avoid hitting Dwayne given the highly visible activity in the area before the impact and the fact that the other drivers did not hit Dwayne."

I've heard enough....that m'fer is guilty!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

They’ve kind of impacted the credibility of their lawsuit by suing everyone and their brother. They’re alleging a criminal conspiracy where Haskins was drugged, which caused his death. But everyone else (the ones who have enough money not to have to steal a watch) are also at fault?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I saw this episode of Better Call Saul.

It feels like the family is trying to blame everyone except Dwayne. 

Something tells me if you’re driving a 1994 rig you don’t have deep pockets. With a truck that old, insurance would be pushing it. So good luck with all that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Might as well sue the dump truck inventor and manufacturer as well.

Later this week they will file a separate lawsuit against Florida icons Ponce de Leon, Flipper, the Seminole Nation, Carl Hiasson, Cape Canaveral, KC and the Sunshine Band ,Joes Stone Crab, and the entire cast of Miami Vice.
  • Hook 'Em 2