2022 NBA Offseason Thread — Trades, Free Agency, Firings, Sacramento doing dumb things, etc

Patrick Bateman

4 hours ago, RabidM said:

So, the situation with Kyrie and the Nets has gotten "acrimonious."  KD might be available for trade in a few days.  That should be mighty interesting...

Send KD to the Mavs in A&T for Brunson and some stuff!  Let him and Luka put the Warriors in their place next year.

2 minutes ago, Llogg said:

b/c PG13 hasn't delivered shit for them and they want one more shot at capitalizing on Kawhi?

They definitely aren't winning shit with Kyrie either. No telling if he would even show up to play at this point. 

I wouldn't give up a dime for Kyrie. He's a fucking headcase. 

3 minutes ago, Llogg said:

He's a very talented headcase who you roll the dice on if you don't have any other path forward for a championship.

He's talented but you're just as likely to get 25 games out of Kyrie as you are for him to help you win a championship.

I don't see Kyrie giving the Clippers a better chance of winning a championship over PG13. 

You're ignoring the fact that we're taking about the clippers. They are historically poorly managed and possibly cursed. They have to swing for the fences and take risks. I don't know that I think kyrie brings them a ring but I would bet a lot the Paul George won't either. 

If the Nets get peak Kyrie, Ben Simmons and Joe Harris they are right in the mix for having the best team in the NBA.  Yes, they got swept in the playoffs, but they lost those games by a COMBINED 14 points.  Add Simmons and Harris and maybe they are the ones doing the sweeping. There is nobody that the Nets can add who is anywhere close to as good as Kyrie.

I'm also not quite ready to close the book on Ben Simmons.  You are still talking about a 3rd team All-NBA guard and All-NBA defender. He is a perfect fit in Brooklyn because he doesn't need to score to make an impact.  Problem is that he doesn't seem to care much about hoops.  Same as Kyrie I suppose. 

I guess the Nets are screwed.  But they are so close to being awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That's not even a top 4 team in the East. 

They aren't better than the Celtics, Heat, Sixers or Bucks. 

They are probably better than the heat and on par with the sixers. I maintain the refs used a different rulebook that allows the Celtics to push KD around for 2 games, which is the whole story of that series. So I'd say they're closer to the Celtics than you think as well. If the bucks are healthy they are a cut above for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That's not even a top 4 team in the East. 

They aren't better than the Celtics, Heat, Sixers or Bucks. 

The Nets are better than all of those teams if they have peak Kyrie and Simmons running with KD, with Harris and younger Curry shooting wide open threes.

The question is if peak Kyrie and Simmons even exist anymore, and for how many games?

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

The Nets are better than all of those teams if they have peak Kyrie and Simmons running with KD, with Harris and younger Curry.

The question is if peak Kyrie and Simmons even exist anymore, and for how many games?

I thought this discussion was under the assumption KD was traded as he wasn't included in that discussion. 

I would agree they're one of the top teams in the NBA if they have Durant. No way they're one of the top teams without Durant. 

Listening to Lowe and Marks, Lowe said that if he’s the Nets and is trading Durant, you’re looking at teams that have a young star but also enough overall talent to still be competitive if they trade the young star (and other assets) for KD, and some of his top ideas are to build around Barnes from Toronto, Zion, Mobley, non-Ja Grizzlies package, and Ayton/Bridges. I might be forgetting one or two

On 6/23/2022 at 5:16 PM, Dutchrudder said:

Maybe KD can force his way to the Cavs and make them contenders. Get a ring in Cleveland and see how that helps his legacy. Get 2 and outdo Lebron!

I am very sure that the internet is more worried about Durant’s legacy than he is. First and foremost to him is- how will his team play? What style? What structure? He knows that if he gets that right, everything will be fine and if he gets it wrong, nothing will be fine. 

2 hours ago, statsman said:

I am very sure that the internet is more worried about Durant’s legacy than he is. First and foremost to him is- how will his team play? What style? What structure? He knows that if he gets that right, everything will be fine and if he gets it wrong, nothing will be fine. 

He hasn't gone anywhere and built anything by himself, he's just not that kind of leader. His stint in Brooklyn has been a disaster so far, and it's completely his own doing. They don't sign Kyrie without him recruiting KI, and they don't trade for Harden without his sign off. He wanted to try making his own team like LeBron, and it has failed miserably. That's entirely on him, and it rightfully does diminish his public image 

Presti tried to build a good team around him and Westbrook, but they just couldn't go all the way. They did well for a few years, but never could get over the hump, much of which was due to a cheap shitty owner, and a terrible city for attracting players. But still, him and Russ had their chances and failed. 

His biggest career accomplishment is hitching his wagon to 73 win Golden State for a few years and then bailing once he realized everyone in GS still loved Curry more than him. I think he knows that, knows a lot of fans don't respect him, don't respect his 2 rings, and he wants to win elsewhere to prove himself. His legacy as it stands now doesn't put him in the "top 10 all-time" conversation like we thought he would be 5 years ago, whereas Curry is in the discussion right now. You know that has to eat at him, especially with the way he attacks random Twitter posters dissing him. KD needs to go win a ring without joining an existing championship team to save his legacy and not be remembered for being a sackless chump who joined the team that embarrassed his ass. He should say "fuck Kyrie and his dumbass" and request a trade to Dallas, Miami, LAC or Philly if he wants to win a ring and earn some respect. 

dutchrudder, again - this is you talking about his legacy. Do you know how few players are concerned about their legacy? I mean, I think LeBron is, but he is in consideration for GOAT. 
He hasn’t built anything by himself? Honestly- which NBA players have? Players don’t build teams (well, maybe LeBron). 
You say Presti tried to build a good team around him and Russ. Maybe he should have tried harder. When Andre Roberson is your shooting guard…

Are you an OKC fan? Haven’t you followed his career? The dude is first and foremost a baller. He looks for his next game and he wants to play better in it. 
As for legacy, he won a few scoring titles, an MVP and two time Finals MVP. I think he’s the best FIBA rules player ever; if you disagree, I’d like to hear who you think it is. His legacy is doing fine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Will not happen but that guy Jason timpf suggested the nets trade kyrie AND KD for AD.  Lmao

also abother talking head suggested sending KD to okc

Reddit was talking about Dame and Nurkic posting shops of KD in Blazers gear. I could get behind that but Portland doesn't have enough to make that happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Llogg said:

Just crazy talking but theoretically Dallas and the Nets could do sign and trades for Kyrie and Brunson, right? Dallas might need to toss in folder to get the numbers right. Anybody take that deal? 

Not in a million fucking years.  I don’t want Kyrie anywhere near Luka. 

15 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Will not happen but that guy Jason timpf suggested the nets trade kyrie AND KD for AD.  Lmao

also abother talking head suggested sending KD to okc

We’ll even throw in Westbrook as a sweetener.  Let’s do it!

2 hours ago, Llogg said:

Just crazy talking but theoretically Dallas and the Nets could do sign and trades for Kyrie and Brunson, right? Dallas might need to toss in folder to get the numbers right. Anybody take that deal? 

Go after KD instead. Him and Luka would be awesome together. He's probably ready to bounce from Brooklyn and find a new team of Kyrie is out. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Go after KD instead. Him and Luka would be awesome together. He's probably ready to bounce from Brooklyn and find a new team of Kyrie is out. 

What does Dallas have that Brooklyn would be interest in?

43 minutes ago, Llogg said:

On the basketball court, Kyrie is a far superior player.... I don't think the Nets would be satisfied in overpaying for Brunson when other deals are probably available..... even with Kyrie being a selfish prick.

54 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Absolutely. The Mavs have hit their ceiling as currently constructed and then are gonna lose Brunson for nothing. Kyrie is a shithead but on the <5% chance he gets it together for a playoff run it raises that ceiling as high as anyone in the west. Very little chance it would work out but zero chance we win a title otherwise.

Luka isnt some weak minded idiot thats gonna start spouting flat earth theories and shit. If he and Kyrie dont get along oh well hes an adult he'll be fine.

Dallas teams have an illustrious history of getting these headcases and it not working out. Rondo. Odom. Rodman. Greg Hardy. TO worked out pretty good though. And at least its something to talk about