2022 NBA Offseason Thread — Trades, Free Agency, Firings, Sacramento doing dumb things, etc

Patrick Bateman

12 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Yes seriously.  I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my team for free, never mind at a max contract.  He’s a disease, and I worry that it might be contagious.

No, not about that. Fuck Kyrie. We’ve been on this goddamn board for how long and you don’t know what goddamn team I follow? DON’T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?! 

• Haha 1

Bringing it back to KD, anyone listen to the ETCs last week? He didn't sound like a guy who was trying to orchestrate anything. Pretty solid code among most of the guys to not F with another man's livelihood. He sounded like a guy whose camp was sitting it out until Kyrie sorted his situation out with the team. 

12 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Bringing it back to KD, anyone listen to the ETCs last week? He didn't sound like a guy who was trying to orchestrate anything. Pretty solid code among most of the guys to not F with another man's livelihood. He sounded like a guy whose camp was sitting it out until Kyrie sorted his situation out with the team. 

That Kyrie/KD relationship is all over the place.  I don't think they're BFFs anymore.  

He’ll probably end up in Miami for anybody not named Jimmy or Ben.

This league is so dumb. Play out the duration of the contract you signed. Fuck it. No more multi year deals if players just ask for trades a year ahead of their FA year because they’re afraid of losing out on 120 million if they don’t sign that 4/160 mill deal now

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He’ll probably end up in Miami for anybody not named Jimmy or Ben.

This league is so dumb. Play out the duration of the contract you signed. Fuck it. No more multi year deals if players just ask for trades a year ahead of their FA year because they’re afraid of losing out on 120 million if they don’t sign that 4/160 mill deal now

Kyrie has a Player Option this year, which he needs to sign or expire very soon. If the Nets want anything for him, they need him to find a S&T situation to make it happen. He can walk for nothing and sign whereever he wants next week, so he's not really skipping out on his contract. Player Options give players power, and in this case, Kyrie holds the cards.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

1. Let Kyrie walk
2. Trade KD to OKC for 6-7 picks (OKC has the cap to just take him)
3. Trade Simmons to Sac for Mitchell and a few picks.
4. Cap is cleared. Picks recovered.
5. Profit?

KD, SGA, Chet.  I think that's a playoff team but not sure a contender.  I don't see KD ever returning there though.

This would be insane for Kyrie, but I think the Lakers will want to use the KI situation as leverage to dump Westbrook's contract. Supposedly Charlotte is interested in Russ, and if they can work a 3 team deal, you could see the Lakers become a Top 3 in the West team overnight.  

Kyrie has a Player Option this year, which he needs to sign or expire very soon. If the Nets want anything for him, they need him to find a S&T situation to make it happen. He can walk for nothing and sign whereever he wants next week, so he's not really skipping out on his contract. Player Options give players power, and in this case, Kyrie holds the cards.  

Forgot about that yea you’re right

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Lulz

The Warriors' impending summer long victory lap over any and everyone who doubted them shows how petty pro athletes are and that they hear absolutely everything.....but how the fuck do people still care what Skip Bayless says about literally anything?

The speculation that he would opt out and sign a MLE deal with the Lakers were fucking foolish.   He's crazy but he aint THAT crazy.   He would give up 30M immediately and probably another 100M by losing his Bird Rights when its time to resign.

Edited by d2o

16 minutes ago, d2o said:

The speculation that he would opt out and sign a MLE deal with the Lakers were fucking foolish.   He's crazy but he aint THAT crazy.   He would give up 30M immediately and probably another 100M by losing his Bird Rights when its time to resign.

True.  But kyrie crazy.  He passed up what 15 million because he wouldn’t get vaccinated.  

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

True.  But kyrie crazy.  He passed up what 15 million because he wouldn’t get vaccinated.  

Even more reason why he's not giving up 30M more and a potential 100M more on top of that.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I don't believe the Nets docked his pay at all this season. Ben Simmons lost money with the 76ers for willingly sitting out games though. 

What's the rule on sign and trade for Kyrie next year. Can the Nets give him the extra year and extra money then trade him immediately? Maybe they have a gentleman's agreement that is they win it all they sign him to the max and run it back. If they fall short like this year they will max him and trade him to a preferred team who may be more open to taking him on after a full year of playing without drama.

I know. 

On 6/25/2022 at 6:00 PM, Dutchrudder said:

They don't sign Kyrie without him recruiting KI

Missed this the first time through. This is chronologically inaccurate. Kyrie was going to Brooklyn with or without KD. He was out the door in Boston and making plans in Brooklyn by the All-Star game. If anything, KD tagged along on Kyrie's decision.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all for John Wall to have a career resurrection year with the Clippers. He is only 31 and has had several years to recover from his injuries. He will fit in well there. If Kawhi and PG13 are healthy, that will take all the pressure off of him.  He isn’t worth $40M, but he can definitely add value to that squad IMO.  He is better than Reggie Jackson in almost every way.

1 minute ago, d2o said:

Yeah, they docked him for away games that he was eligible for up until him came back.   

The opposite. He got docked for home games. He got paid for road games because, technically, he was eligible to play in most arenas away from Brooklyn, and it was the team not letting him.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

The opposite. He got docked for home games. He got paid for road games because, technically, he was eligible to play in most arenas away from Brooklyn, and it was the team not letting him.

Yep, you're right.   That's why I deleted.

• Hook 'Em 1