2022 NBA Offseason Thread — Trades, Free Agency, Firings, Sacramento doing dumb things, etc

Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, d2o said:

Once that deal is signed that takes them out of trading him for KD.    I guess they could do Ingram and pieces for him though.

I don’t think KD would want to go there but it would be fun as fuck. KD, Zion and CJ Mccullum could win a title if everything broke right for them. 

honestly the nets can afford to be bad next year as they just a pick swap with the rockets and the rockets aren't going to be any good either so if the nets wanted to bottom out they're probably looking at a top 8ish pick next year.  

it's after next year where they can't really afford to be bad anymore.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

honestly the nets can afford to be bad next year as they just a pick swap with the rockets and the rockets aren't going to be any good either so if the nets wanted to bottom out they're probably looking at a top 8ish pick next year.  

it's after next year where they can't really afford to be bad anymore.

We’ve been talking about wanting the rockets to tank one more time next year, but if the nets do look like they will be super shitty I wouldn’t mind seeing the rockets try. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t know why you’ve chosen to make your bit denying that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west on this one but you are wrong. People on here are telling you that. People in the media are universally telling you that. People in that front office are telling you that. They are going to work together with him to get something done. Doesn’t mean it will be his first choice but they aren’t going to ship him somewhere against his will. 

Maybe, maybe not. They don’t owe him shit. 

3 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Maybe, maybe not. They don’t owe him shit. 

They’ve literally said they are working with him on it. It’s just reality. It’s not an opinion. It’s like objective fact at this point in time. You can dislike it but it’s weird not to accept that yes- he will have a say in this whole thing- so to not consider him in the equation is a non-starter. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They’ve literally said they are working with him on it. It’s just reality. It’s not an opinion. It’s like objective fact at this point in time. You can dislike it but it’s weird not to accept that yes- he will have a say in this whole thing- so to not consider him in the equation is a non-starter. 

Dude, they don’t owe him shit. He’s has effectively tanked their franchise. They can say whatever they want, but they’re going to take the best deal for their franchise, because they’re fucked if they don’t. I get it, people on this board suck KD off. But he doesn’t get to choose, no matter what the dipshit GM says. 

Edited by Kermit
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Dude, they don’t owe him shit. He’s has effectively ranked their franchise. They can say whatever they want, but they’re going to take the best deal for their franchise, because they’re fucked if they don’t. I get it, people on this board suck KD off. But he doesn’t get to choose, no matter what the dipshit GM says. 

there are literally more people here who routinely talk shit about KD than there are those who defend him, but yeah, everyone here is wrong and you're right because we're all too busy sucking off KD to realize it. yeah, that's the ticket. you're high if you think there's even a 0.01% chance that KD doesn't get any say in where he goes. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Dude, they don’t owe him shit. He’s has effectively tanked their franchise. They can say whatever they want, but they’re going to take the best deal for their franchise, because they’re fucked if they don’t. I get it, people on this board suck KD off. But he doesn’t get to choose, no matter what the dipshit GM says. 

You are literally one crazy person pissing directly into the wind on this one. It’s like a pathology left

over from when Leonard broke your heart.  I get it. You are scarred forever bc of Leonard. You want to lash out at any guy who reminds you of the one who hurt you so bad.  But right now you are arguing against KD’s reps, all of the media, logic, common sense, and the Nets ACTUAL FUCKING GM!  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You are literally one crazy person pissing directly into the wind on this one. It’s like a pathology left

over from when Leonard broke your heart.  I get it. You are scarred forever bc of Leonard. You want to lash out at any guy who reminds you of the one who hurt you so bad.  But right now you are arguing against KD’s reps, all of the media, logic, common sense, and the Nets ACTUAL FUCKING GM!  

Calmer than you are.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I’ve seen shit tweets and “news articles” like this nonstop for the past two days. Are Lakers fans and the media thinking if they say it enough, they will convince the Nets and the rest of the world that the Nets should give up Irving for a 2027 first and have to take on Westbrook? All these stories talk about Westbrook like he’s still a star and valued asset.   

One ridiculous “proposed trade” was 4-way with Suns (get Durant) and Spurs (get dumped with Westbrook for 3 firsts)…the Nets would be giving up Durant and Irving and only getting back Ayton and two firsts…and it’s totes fair that Bron Bron gets Kyrie for Westbrook a single first!

36 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I’ve seen shit tweets and “news articles” like this nonstop for the past two days. Are Lakers fans and the media thinking if they say it enough, they will convince the Nets and the rest of the world that the Nets should give up Irving for a 2027 first and have to take on Westbrook? All these stories talk about Westbrook like he’s still a star and valued asset.   

One ridiculous “proposed trade” was 4-way with Suns (get Durant) and Spurs (get dumped with Westbrook for 3 firsts)…the Nets would be giving up Durant and Irving and only getting back Ayton and two firsts…and it’s totes fair that Bron Bron gets Kyrie for Westbrook a single first!

If I was the spurs I would take Westbrook for 27 and 29 and a swap in 28. Why not?  They have to pay someone and they can just cut Westbrook. Or use him- he will help them tank. Do they have better use of that 47 million next year? 
I’m not saying any of the rest of that trade makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Haynes is pretty plugged in.  Again, I have no idea why Marks would do this as it's a shit return, but the owner may be pressuring him to get Kyrie the fuck out of their franchise.  We also know Kyrie has hurt his trade value, but I have to think another team would want to roll the dice.  Shit, maybe like a Denver or Portland who are desperate.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If I was the spurs I would take Westbrook for 27 and 29 and a swap in 28. Why not?  They have to pay someone and they can just cut Westbrook. Or use him- he will help them tank. Do they have better use of that 47 million next year? 
I’m not saying any of the rest of that trade makes sense. 

You mean for the Lakers first rounders in 27 and 29?  Not sure what the Lakers would want off the Spurs?  Poeltl?  Josh Richardson?  Or do you mean as a 3rd team and facilitator?  

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Haynes is pretty plugged in.  Again, I have no idea why Marks would do this as it's a shit return, but the owner may be pressuring him to get Kyrie the fuck out of their franchise.  We also know Kyrie has hurt his trade value, but I have to think another team would want to roll the dice.  Shit, maybe like a Denver or Portland who are desperate.

You mean for the Lakers first rounders in 27 and 29?  Not sure what the Lakers would want off the Spurs?  Poeltl?  Josh Richardson?  Or do you mean as a 3rd team and facilitator?  

Third team and facilitator yes. I would think the tax to get rid of Westbrook would be “all your assets”. That’s pretty much all the assets the Lakers have, so… 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yeah, but you’d think Durant alone would yield at least the S&T Ayton plus two firsts, and the dumb proposal I quoted had the Nets giving up both Durant and Irving for that. 

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Yes, the Spurs were the salary dumpee in a 3 or 4 way trade that accepts Westbrook. I think it had Richardson going back to the Lakers. Spurs got LA ‘27, LA ‘29, and a first from the Suns. The writer must’ve been a Lakers homer based on what LA got vs what they gave up (or dumped).

2 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

image.thumb.png.d836b96c5f0ca29f8d1095ab4a38cbfe.png

…and more stupid shit like this…

Lakers: “Sure we’ll let you have Westbrook for Irving, but only if you throw in Curry as a sweetener!”

They don't want to take on Joe Harris' 2 years and 19m dollars apparently.  Curry is last year of his contract.  I just get the feeling we don't know how much pressure the Nets' owner is putting on Marks and company to get rid of KD and Kyrie immediately.  An impatient owner can be the curse of a franchise.

• Hook 'Em 1

As much as a I hate the Lakers, and Lebron, and Kyrie, it would disgust me to see them make such a one sided trade and get bailed out of their destruction. But as a Rockets fan, I enjoy draft capital being tied to a team with a backcourt of Westbrook and Ben Simmons. That lineup might struggle to hit more 3’s than teams predating the shot clock. 

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

They don't want to take on Joe Harris' 2 years and 19m dollars apparently.  Curry is last year of his contract.  I just get the feeling we don't know how much pressure the Nets' owner is putting on Marks and company to get rid of KD and Kyrie immediately.  An impatient owner can be the curse of a franchise.

I'm sure Houston would be happy to take Joe Harris and throw Eric Gordon into the trade for a Lakers unprotected future 1st!  Brooklyn can get rid of Kyrie, eat Westbrook's expiring money, get THT, a 28 swap and the other 1st back in trade, and the Lakers get a pair of starting guards!  Win-Win-Win!

Edited by Dutchrudder

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Windhorst suggested that the Nets show patience before dealing KD & Kyrie and wait until they get good value -- even if it means waiting until after the season starts.

Hope the Nets owner doesn't really screw things up even more by giving in to some weakass trades especially to the lakers.  

He's a weirdo headcase that no one wants to deal with, but he's a phenomenal basketball player. He has considerable value but the Nets also have no incentive to facilitate a favorable destination for him.

Utah is currently blowing it up. I'd be trying to get Mitchell for Kyrie. The Jazz have a puncher's chance at making the playoffs and are only on the hook for one year of salary if they decide to tank. The Nets could send KD to NO for BI, filler, and picks. They flip those picks to the Jazz in the Kyrie for Mitchell deal. Now the Nets are still a competitive team, the Pels are title favorites, and the Jazz either catch lightning in a bottle or after 2 months choose to tank and start shopping the expiring contracts of Kyrie and Bogdanovic, and Jordan Clarkson for a boatload of picks.

He's a weirdo headcase that no one wants to deal with, but he's a phenomenal basketball player. He has considerable value but the Nets also have no incentive to facilitate a favorable destination for him.
Utah is currently blowing it up. I'd be trying to get Mitchell for Kyrie. The Jazz have a puncher's chance at making the playoffs and are only on the hook for one year of salary if they decide to tank. The Nets could send KD to NO for BI, filler, and picks. They flip those picks to the Jazz in the Kyrie for Mitchell deal. Now the Nets are still a competitive team, the Pels are title favorites, and the Jazz either catch lightning in a bottle or after 2 months choose to tank and start shopping the expiring contracts of Kyrie and Bogdanovic, and Jordan Clarkson for a boatload of picks.

Not too bad. I don’t think Ainge wants back in on Kyrie however. He quit after the last Kyrie experiment.

10 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Find someone who loves you as much as KD loves Kyrie.

The funny thing is, the Nets wanted a more stable environment for KD to succeed and he's like nah fam the flat earther has my heart.  

it won't/can't happen, but i would love to see KD go to Cleveland and play with their young core. they'd be a great fit for him if they didn't have to give up one or more of their young studs to get him. 

Garland
Levert
KD
Allen
Mobley

Sexton, Markannen, Okoro, Love on the bench. 

disclaimer- y'all know i don't really keep up with the nba off-season so forgive me if any of these guys have been moved and/or sent to a retirement home.

these massive contracts to ingrates/bitches are destroying franchises and wreaking havoc. So I'll be very happy when the old okc gang (kd, harden, westbrick), kyrie, john wall, ben simmons etc are no longer in the league. Lets move on, owners should be smarter and do some character analysis before doling out 1/4 of a $ Billion here or there.  The game is deeply corrupted by a handful of jackasses. 

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

it won't/can't happen, but i would love to see KD go to Cleveland and play with their young core. they'd be a great fit for him if they didn't have to give up one or more of their young studs to get him. 

Garland
Levert
KD
Allen
Mobley

disclaimer- y'all know i don't really keep up with the nba off-season so forgive me if any of these guys have been moved and/or sent to a retirement home.

KD, Levert, Allen ... hmmm... sounds like a solid core you can build around.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

The Windhorst memes have been awesome.

I’ve always thought windy was a lebron mouthpiece weenie that landed an espn job because he sniffed lebrons kick in high school.

But damn if he didn’t raise his stardom from that performance the other day. I still go back and watch it from time to time if I have a few min to kill. It was that amazing

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

what's up with windhorst, what are all of these memes?

Goddamnit Derka.

He called the Gobert trade before it happened. Dude knew shit, couldn’t say what was actually going on, did some weird story telling routine, and became a meme.

Edited by Kermit
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Garland
Levert
KD
Allen
Mobley

They’d have to give up Mobley to get KD, I think 

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Garland
Levert
KD
Allen
Mobley

Brooklyn needs to trade Simmons asap so that they aren’t blocked from designated rookie contract trades

I think Toronto and New Orleans have the best combination of enough assets to make Brooklyn interested while still being a contender after the trade goes though. Something like Zion/Barnes, one more good player, and a haul of unprotected firsts and swaps makes sense here, although the biggest question is can those teams convince KD to want to play there? 

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Listening to radio, warriors interested lol.  Let’s run it back!

Every team with title hopes is going leak some level of interest to drive up the price, hoping to make the team that he goes to as weak as possible. There's going to be some pissed off teams in the West if he lands in Phoenix, and Ayton--someone that they're not going to sign anyway--is the only major piece that they give up.

39 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Every team with title hopes is going leak some level of interest to drive up the price, hoping to make the team that he goes to as weak as possible. There's going to be some pissed off teams in the West if he lands in Phoenix, and Ayton--someone that they're not going to sign anyway--is the only major piece that they give up.

And probably Bridges, and then their draft future

15 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Me personally, Devin Booker aint worth 250 million dollars

I’ll second that, but that’s the going rate. I just don’t see that dude being worth that much of the cap once CP leaves. It’s Phoenix though, so fuck ‘em.