2022 NBA Offseason Thread — Trades, Free Agency, Firings, Sacramento doing dumb things, etc

Patrick Bateman

Man, WTF? (I am a Celtics fan FYI)  We have a great young core, added some good pieces in the off season, the team has bought into Ime's vision and were 2 games from winning the title in year 1.  Then Gallo tears his ACL and Ime gets himself essentially fired.  I am assuming the suspension just allows the team and his agent to work out a financial settlement.  Our top assistant was hired by Ainge and Utah this off season so we can't even fall back to him.  THIS FUCKING SUCKS

• Hook 'Em 1

i am still failing to see what the big deal is - if there was no pressure and it was consensual - then why is this news and why is he suspended? People fuck all the time, there are 100s of millions of people fucking right now. 

I’m guessing if 2 employees are fucking each other while one is married to another person, that could be pretty toxic

Gersson Rosas was fired before last season. I’d be surprised if this guy makes it through the weekend with a job

35 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

i am still failing to see what the big deal is - if there was no pressure and it was consensual - then why is this news and why is he suspended? People fuck all the time, there are 100s of millions of people fucking right now. 

Apparently, there were violations....not a violation.  Meaning, this wasn't the first time, and also meaning they probably warned him at some point, and he chose to go ahead and continue plowin'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

Oh yeah he is fired. He’ll collect some money out of this and be on his way. I don’t want to say he’s dumb for what he did, but Good Lord TWO women that are part of the organization? These guys talk and it is going to be awhile before he gets another shot in the 1st chair.

lakers / spurs / rockets should hire him immediately after being fired 

If I was the owner, I would tell everyone involved to go home. Don’t bring this drama to work. And if there is an employee’s wife involved, the husband is still allowed to work there but she’s banned from everything.

fairly lazy for him to hook up with work people but I guess a coach in a relationship with an actress has to be careful at bars. Too many cameras out there and who doesn’t like a story about a cheating boyfriend of a movie star.

• Like 1

Seems like some important new details from the Shams piece.

Some members of the Celtics organization first became aware of the relationship in July, sources said. At that time, team leadership was led to believe by both parties that the relationship was consensual. But sources said that the woman recently accused Udoka of making unwanted comments toward her — leading the team to launch a set of internal interviews.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Edited by BurdineBandit
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

4 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Yep. Consensual may or may not matter. In big corps, employees can date but its important, from the company's perspective, to let HR know so they protect themselves from future complaints and lawsuits. 

And even when everything is known and agreed, relationships can still bring problems into the workplace. I had an employee who's wife also worked for the same company in another dept. She started openly complaining that he was hitting her at home. Talk about a shitstorm. He couldn't be fired for unsubstantiated complaints from his personal life. 

And if someone is sleeping with the spouse of another senior exec, that creates an impossible situation for the company.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Tony was sleeping with Spurs employees, but only after Eva slept with their underage gardener and caused Tony’s mom to get hit by a car, go into a coma, and die after she discovered Eva’s infidelity.  The context is important.  

You should be inHollywood. 

Yeah, I’m going to take back my original statement. It looks like Ime fucks up relationships like he fucks up dudes in a fight. For context, I give you Gabe Muoneke…

So after we lost to Angola in the semis and had to play Algeria for the third spot, they knew, we knew, everyone knew they had no shot … African ball, man. Trust me: as corrupt as can be. Despite all the cheating from the three-man (North African) refereeing crew they just couldn’t beat us. So the coach sent in their best player, who was injured but came in with a purpose … As the ref handed us the ball, he turned, looked at me as if there was not a game going on. And pop! … He decked me right in the jaw. I couldn’t believe it … I looked up court, saw both refs back and calmly asked him in my most polite French, ‘Pardon me, sir, I object to you striking me.'”

After the game, they were waiting for us to come out of the locker room. And seriously, I didn’t start it. Kingsley Ogwudire was in front of our team in an all-out tirade in his best Arabic. The next thing you know, there were three Algerian players on him. Everyone was engaged in combat save me, if you can believe it. And lo and behold… Ime! He was taking people out like in Mortal Kombat. Finish him! Incredible.”

In the middle of the whole thing, I heard Ime, literally in mid-swing of another opponent say, ‘Watch [your] back, Gabe,'” he related, sounding as if he was indeed recounting a pitched moment in the latest Hollywood action film.

“[H]e calmly, I mean calmly, smeared a guy who, as I turned to see his warning, jumped from the stands with a chair to probably kill me or knock me out to where the crowd would have. I mean, Ime caught the guy in mid-air with a fist and calmly continued his dispatching of oncoming people.”

“He and other guys (yes, me too) were whoopin’ so many people the crowd backed up,” said Muoneke, describing how the Nigerian team finally managed to extract itself.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Kermit said:

Yeah, I’m going to take back my original statement. It looks like Ime fucks up relationships like he fucks up dudes in a fight. For context, I give you Gabe Muoneke…

I remember playing against Gabe in my neighbor’s driveway. He had zero pity on a bunch of kids trying to guard him.  

Westbrook kinda being a bitch is a slightly unexpected revelation the last couple of years. Sure, some fans go over the line, especially him. But "Westbrick" and booing really getting to him? When you've made it a point to create a public persona that's confrontational, abrasive, snarling, and scowling? Yeah, your decline isn't going to be treated as respectfully as a more likeable player. Them's the breaks.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 months later...