For anyone who wants to know what kind of coach we've got in Chris Beard

shadow_operative

3 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

That is certainly a scorching hot take, considering UTEP tripled his salary IIRC.

ACU also could have also tripled his salary. They have plenty of money.  But they probably were never going to do that.

Regardless, the guy is a solid coach. I would expect him to do very well at UTEP and move on within a few years. He needs to be at a bigger program.

One of the many things I love about this post-game presser is the references to "Monday Night", as in playing on that first one in April, and what it all takes to get there. No doubt Beard will get back to another, and win it this time.

Didn't matter if the three players were and still are wondering what the hell Luckenbach is. The guy is so awesome.

• Hook 'Em 2

Gonzaga and Arkansas both look pretty great here in the early season. March is a long way away, but i'll contend right now that kenpom has it right: Texas is currently the best basketball team in the country. 

even if i'm wrong, we're absolutely in the conversation. y'all- the ACU game was only 18 months ago. it's taken Beard 18 months to get our program to a point that our last two programs were unable to reach for the last decade+. this is truly still surreal. what a job this guy has done. top five college basketball coach, no doubt. 

On 11/17/2022 at 8:25 AM, NorthLoop said:

Probably hard to recruit athletes to a school where women aren't allowed to wear tank tops and you get expelled for visiting any establishment that serves alcohol. 

I don’t know man. A bunch of college coed’s walking around campus without their tank tops on sounds pretty good to me. 

• 2 weeks later...