MUNDIAL XXII

MoJames

4 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

It happened before this touch - supposedly in the first touch in the box. Fox "showed" the tech replay and then quickly moved on. 

GK and one other player definitely looked to be keeping him on but Fox wouldn't show a decent look.

Don’t blame Fox—this is an international feed supplied by FIFA. Fox only provides the commentators.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This is the shot they keep showing to show the Ecuadorian player’s knee was in an offsides position.

42f25737091e3c4245b315cfebee0d10.jpg

They keep showing the onsides line as the defender he’s engaged with, but it looks like the keeper and another defender are further back. 

if you draw a line parallel to the 4 yard box line thru the keeper’s back foot, the play is on easily. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They keep showing the onsides line as the defender he’s engaged with, but it looks like the keeper and another defender are 

This is what you get when you deal with people who cut off their own people's heads for looking crosswise at another man's donkey. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This is the shot they keep showing to show the Ecuadorian player’s knee was in an offsides position.

42f25737091e3c4245b315cfebee0d10.jpg

Which Ecuador player is offside there? The dude at the bottom of the screen ultimately scored, but had reestablished himself long before his touch. No one else is even remotely offside, especially considering there’s another Qatari defender just below the screen who was also behind the play here.

8 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Which Ecuador player is offside there? The dude at the bottom of the screen ultimately scored, but had reestablished himself long before his touch. No one else is even remotely offside, especially considering there’s another Qatari defender just below the screen who was also behind the play here.

No, the player at the top of the screen who eventually assists the goal. He was ruled to have gained an advantage from being in an offside position at the time of the punch. He is in fact in an offside position from looking at replays. 
The issue to me is the punch by the keeper. I don’t know how you can be offside when it’s a deliberate play by the goalie. Maybe punches are treated like deflections though?

• Hook 'Em 1

Think of it this way, you’re not offsides when you are past the last defender. You’re offside when you’re past the second to last defender. The last defender is usually the goalie. On this play it’s not so the line is drawn from the goalie or that other guy, whichever is farther back.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Think of it this way, you’re not offsides when you are past the last defender. You’re offside when you’re past the second to let defender. The last defender is usually the goalie. On this play it’s not so the line is drawn from the goalie or that other guy, whichever is farther back.

But it looks like the second to last defender is the goalie. So his back foot should be the line, no?

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But it looks like the second to last defender is the goalie. So his back foot should be the line, no?

Supposedly the second to last defender was that other guy not the goalie. 
If the goalie is in fact the second to last then yes you’re correct. But they ruled the defender was behind the goalie. I dunno if I buy that.

Edited by hobbes2702

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Supposedly the second to last defender was that other guy not the goalie. 
If the goalie is in fact the second to last then yes you’re correct. But they ruled the defender was behind the goalie. I dunno if I buy that.

And they aren't doing anything to clear that up as they remove all the players from the graphic that shows the Ecuadorian player's knee in offside position.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

And they aren't doing anything to clear that up as they remove all the players from the graphic that shows the Ecuadorian player's knee in offside position.

Seriously what the fuck was that computer animated shit? VAR is used every week all around the world and never once have I seen any of them use something like that to show us what the call was

• Hook 'Em 1

anyone wondering why the fox crew appear to be aligned with the qataripravda angle...

... from the espn article naming adams captain for tomorrow ...

"FIFA announced Sunday that the U.S.-Wales match will be refereed by Qatari officials, led by Abdulrahman Al Jassim.

Al Jassim refereed three matches at the Gold Cup in 2019, including the Americans' 1-0 victory against Panama. He also refereed the U.S.' 6-0 win against New Zealand at the 2017 U-20 World Cup in the Round of 16, in which Adams, Josh Sargent and Luca de la Torre all featured."

Seriously what the fuck was that computer animated shit? VAR is used every week all around the world and never once have I seen any of them use something like that to show us what the call was

Dumbing it down for folks who just tune in for the WC and never played or followed the game otherwise. Spoon feeding it to folks.

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Dumbing it down for folks who just tune in for the WC and never played or followed the game otherwise. Spoon feeding it to folks.

That, I get. But why remove every other player from the graphic? If you're going to drop down to just the two players you offer some context by putting all the players in the graphic and then removing them. Instead, it is a quick cut from the TV 'picture' to the graphic with just two players in it.

19 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

they are experimenting with this new 3D technology at the World Cup. It hasn’t been used before today’s game. 

13 minutes ago, WBT said:

Poooor qatar.  It's fitting that aggy has a campus there.  Their huge overpay for the WC with no apparent sportswashing benefit is like the jimbo contract writ large 

Truth.  It’s just a matter of the rest of the world biting their tongue and getting it over with and then pretending like it didn’t happen.  You know….. “the Baylor.” 

8 stadiums built on the back of indentured servitude sitting empty 2023 and beyond other than for a shitty Qatari rec league, AFC home games, and the occasional PSG/Barca friendly.  Hate to see it but more than that…. 

• Hook 'Em 1