MUNDIAL XXII

MoJames

• MoJames changed the title to UNOFFICIAL NON SPANISH SPEAKING FYRE FEST THREAD - PLEASE DELETE ME
19 hours ago, Napoleon said:

@Buzzrock posted this is some other random thread, but...

I have a friend from Ecuador who would be absolutely furious if this turns out to be true.

I could see how a player in Ecuador's domestic league, or at the end of their career, would accept nearly $1 million just to throw one game in a tournament that they aren't likely to do much in anyway. Or perhaps they think that they can win their other two matches and so it won't matter if they drop points to Qatar. (Players can think strange things.)

I hope that Qatar loses all three matches, but it's not likely... especially with how much money they have to corrupt the sport... even more.

Alcohol will not be sold to fans at the World Cup's eight stadiums in Qatar after Fifa changed its policy two days before the start of the tournament.

Alcohol was set to be served "in select areas within stadiums", despite its sale being strictly controlled in the Muslim country.

Those in corporate areas of stadiums at the tournament will still be able to purchase alcohol.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Prolly won’t. Them Qataris def making qtrs at least 

After watching 30-something Russians fly up and down the field in heat and humidity for 90+ minutes in 2018, I realized that the home countries get to do as much cheating as they want. There is no way the Russians were drug tested and there is no way that the referees are not going to be paid to make calls to benefit Qatar.

Actually, the looking the other way started with South Korea in 2002. Their shirt pulling was comical and no calls, much less cards were given. Then their opponent were punished for even challenging the host country. Italy ended their match with South Korea with only 9 men on the field.

Brazil actually got away with murder against Colombia in the knockout stages in 2014. It was shameful... and so Colombia said "Fuck This!!" and took out Neymar. And fuck you, Brazil! And then Brazil went down to Germany in one of the most embarrassing failures in World Cup history.

If this group were competing in Europe or Africa or the Americas... Ecuador would make it out of the group. I just don't think that that will happen in Qatar.

Didn't mean to post this in the USMNT thread earlier today. I didn't keep track with where I was.

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

A computer engineer / former English student of mine in Argentina posted the following meme.

image.thumb.png.07719fad26774e615ba97d4e99ab8a1c.png

TRANSLATION: Meanwhile Di Maria in Qatar

SIDE NOTE: For the noobs, that is not, in fact, Ángel Di María from Argentina.

7 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

True, but Di Maria don't look much better than that. He's like an emaciated buzzard with elite socca skillzzzzzzzz, y'all.

Weird looking dude with absolutely no right foot, but he can play.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1