NYC Subway: Explosives Found

Shaggy3.0

36th?  That's where the R and the M meet (two of the busiest lines in NY), one of the busiest commuter stations on Earth.  Fucking-A.  Hope this ends safely.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

36th?  That's where the R and the M meet (two of the busiest lines in NY), one of the busiest commuter stations on Earth.  Fucking-A.  Hope this ends safely.  

In Brooklyn? I mean it is busy but mostly cause an express stop. Plenty more busy stops in the city and even Bk. 

not seeing explosives on local news yet, just shooting so far

edit: oh you said lines, my bad. Still though, not sure I’d say they are THAT much busier than others, all kind of equal in my opinion (especially depending on section of the city you are in). 

Edited by achooloco

Yes, there are busier ones.  But it's damn busy, I am just concerned for a possible explosive device at a very busy station at morning commute time.  The news clip said "explosive device."  All news sites are saying multiple folks shot and they found a device.  Hopefully it just turns out to be some backpack somebody left behind in a hail of gunfire, as one would likely do in that situation.  But yeah, the shooting victims are the biggest concern right now.  5 shot last report, one in CC.  Now reports of a smoke bomb going off right before gunfire started.  I dunno, I'm reading legit news sites since I've got family 'n friends in the area.  But I'm sure social media is more rapid.  Y'all take over, this sucks.  Mass shootings in places like that station are even more horrible because there's just not a whole lotta options on where to run.  They froze all three trains which means the shooter could be anywhere down those tunnels. 

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yes, there are busier ones.  But it's damn busy, I am just concerned for a possible explosive device at a very busy station at morning commute time.  The news clip said "explosive device."  All news sites are saying multiple folks shot and they found a device.  Hopefully it just turns out to be some backpack somebody left behind in a hail of gunfire, as one would likely do in that situation.  But yeah, the shooting victims are the biggest concern right now.  5 shot last report, one in CC.  Now reports of a smoke bomb going off right before gunfire started.  I dunno, I'm reading legit news sites since I've got family 'n friends in the area.  But I'm sure social media is more rapid.  Y'all take over, this sucks.  Mass shootings in places like that station are even more horrible because there's just not a whole lotta options on where to run.  They froze all three trains which means the shooter could be anywhere down those tunnels. 

Just catching up myself, only legit media at the moment though. Manhunt on going.

I’ve lived on 22nd between 4th and 5th avenue, and on 48th ave between 3rd and 4th ave. It’s been gentrified as hell but they had best real and cheap tacos in the city at the local bakeries; Lot of mexicans in that area or at least used to be. The Costco is a block away too. 

Hope the gunman eats a bullet. but that stop is one of the deep ones, whole bunch of stairs to get back up ground from that platform on the yellow line. 

Most of the footage shows lots of smoke and seen reports of a gas mask was used, so I am curious if the unexploded devices are smoke canisters that didn’t go off instead of actually devices.

Anything that looks like a bomb has to be treated as such, but it is probably smoke canisters than real explosive devices (thank god).

Why is the world so fucked up? Any idea if they have caught the perpetrator(s) or have at least a description/lead?

Good point about the steps, which makes getting the hell outta dodge even more difficult.  I don't know why but my mind immediately went to, with the trains frozen, a buncha people just panicking and running up and down the tunnels and the gunmen could ditch his weapon(s) down there and blend in by the time Transit Police make their way from all ends...he looks like everybody else down there in the dark.  Anyway, you know the area way better than me (they do have good tacos around there)...there's never a good place to be in a mass shooting, but this is a particularly shitty one.

15 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

that's pretty fucking specific. wonder if he's known.

"Police were looking for a man, believed to be about 5-foot-5, 180 pounds and wearing a gas mask, who shot at least five people, sources said."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/multiple-people-shot-new-york-city-subway-system-officials-say-rcna24027

Not sure if you are aware, but CCTV has been invented, hence the ability to be specific.

And ABC was even more specific:

UPDATE: "NO ACTIVE EXPLOSIVE DEVICES" related to shooting scene in Sunset Park, Brooklyn

Edited by clapclapclap

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

"Reports are saying that at this particular station, they had cameras but they weren’t working so they didn’t even get footage of the suspect (according to local news station)"

So constantly broke and corrupt MTA didn't have working cameras?  Shocked. Shocked I tell you.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Not sure if you are aware, but CCTV has been invented, hence the ability to be specific.

And ABC was even more specific:

UPDATE: "NO ACTIVE EXPLOSIVE DEVICES" related to shooting scene in Sunset Park, Brooklyn

From this it sounds like the gunman was outside the train and threw the smoke bombs in the train and started shooting from the outside as the train took off. Which would explain the confusion 

Bklyn78

It’s an N train

If the train was heading north (From Coney Island) it runs through the Chinatown in Brooklyn. There is a LARGE Asian presence riding the N through 36th St

plokijuh1229

It runs along 4th it's a mixed latino/chinese neighborhood. Latino west of 6th, Chinese east of 6th. I should know I live off of 6th.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Native Horn said:

My son lives in Sunset Park in Brooklyn, and this is the train he uses to get to school.  Thank goodness he hadn't left his apartment yet when this went down.  He actually had to Uber to campus since the Metro was shut down.  

My son attends school in Brooklyn as well.  This world sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Incredulity said:

It's staggering to me that some people's reaction to others limping out of a smoking subway car is to stand around and video it with their cellphone.

well

a great vid of the moment of their death will easily get them 1 million views for their social profile... so take that chance fam and get that video that costs you your life

It's staggering to me that some people's reaction to others limping out of a smoking subway car is to stand around and video it with their cellphone.

We had a dude have a heart attack in his car at a red light. Yank him out and start cpr. Shocked twice and got a pulse back. About the time we are ready to move him some jackass rearends my fucking ambulance because he was trying to video us and drive at the same time. People fucking suck.

4 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

We had a dude have a heart attack in his car at a red light. Yank him out and start cpr. Shocked twice and got a pulse back. About the time we are ready to move him some jackass rearends my fucking ambulance because he was trying to video us and drive at the same time. People fucking suck.

Did you use the defibrillator on him to speed up the Darwin effect?  

40 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I got the same feeling. There didn't seem to be much urgency getting out of the car or off the platform once they got there. Once I got anybody with me out of harm's way and moving towards an exit strategy, it's time to fucking haul ass yourself.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I got the same feeling. There didn't seem to be much urgency getting out of the car or off the platform once they got there. Once I got anybody with me out of harm's way and moving towards an exit strategy, it's time to fucking haul ass yourself.

This event is not going to TikTok itself!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

george-costanza.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3