Orange White Spring Game, Sat. April 23rd (Gates Open 4pm. Game starts 6pm)

LTtxfan

Action-Packed Day of 'Made in Austin' Fan Activities Highlight Football Orange-White Game On April 23

midway.png?width=768&height=460&mode=cro

The Forty Acres is the place to be on Saturday, April 23, with an action-packed day of activities beginning at 2 p.m. prior to the annual Texas Football Orange-White Game presented by Living Spaces at 6 p.m.  The Spring Game, part of 'Made in Austin' Weekend, is the first chance for fans to get a glimpse of the 2022 Longhorns before the 2022 season opener against ULM on Saturday, Sept. 3.  

Admission to the Spring Game and all fan activities surrounding Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium is FREE and seating is first-come, first-served, so arrive early!  This year's 'Made in Austin' Weekend is held in conjunction with the University of Texas' Family Weekend.  

Gates open at 4 p.m., and fans can enter through Gates 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 14, 16, 25, 27, and 32.  

Prior to the game, the action kicks off with Bevo Blvd presented by H-E-B, Longhorn City Limits, Smokey's Midway, and Hook 'Em Hangout including happy hour pricing on $5 domestic beers/$6 premium beers. 

2022 Orange-White Game Fan Highlights

Texas Football Autographs

Join your favorite football players at the Autograph Tent located on Bevo Blvd. Fans will receive official 2022 Texas Football posters to be signed; limit one poster for autographs per person.  No outside items will be permitted. Exact autograph time will be announced shortly.

Hook 'Em Hangout Crawfish Boil, Big Beertha, and Food Trucks! – 2-5:45 p.m.

Looking for the best crawfish in the city?  Head to the first ever Hook 'Em Hangout Crawfish Boil located outside the northwest corner of the stadium in Winship Circle.  Fans will be able to purchase crawfish by the pound ($12), three pounds ($30), or five pounds ($45).  All crawfish orders will include crawfish, sausage, potatoes, and corn.  

Big Beertha will also return to Hook 'Em Hangout serving up over 10 beers on tap!  In addition, fans can enjoy some of Austin's best food trucks serving up delicious options for everyone.  

The Texas Baseball vs. Baylor game and NBA playoffs will be featured on multiple screens for fans to enjoy.

Team Shop Fire Sale – 2-5:45 p.m.

Gear up with exclusive Texas Athletics apparel – previously available only to student-athletes and coaches – at the Texas Longhorns Official Team Shop "Fire Sale.".

The sale starts at 2 p.m. inside the east side concourse of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.  Fans can queue up outside Gate 28D on a first-come, first-served basis.

Apparel will be available in a variety of sizes from XS to 5XL.  A limited amount of Texas Longhorns Nike Kevin Durant (KD) shoes will be available.  Men's shoe sizes range from 9.5 to 18, and select women's shoe sizes will also be available.    

Bevo Blvd presented by H-E-B

Bevo Blvd, Texas Athletics' action-filled pregame street party, completely transforms San Jacinto Blvd.  Join thousands of fellow Longhorns fans, the Longhorn Band, Texas Cheer & Pom and Hook 'Em for the pageantry of Texas-sized events including:

• Celebrate Bevo's arrival during the Bevo Parade presented by Texas Farm Bureau Insurance at 3:45 p.m.
  • Watch Texas Baseball vs. Baylor and the NBA playoffs on giant LED screens in two locations
  • The official Texas Football pregame radio show on 104.9 The Horn broadcasts live from their set along Bevo Blvd.
  • Interactive games, photo ops with Texas traditions, and activities for fans of all ages
  • Fans can soar down Bevo Blvd on a 180-foot zip line!
  • Try your luck at Hook 'Em Ring, a giant-sized version of "Ring on a string"
  • Test your kicking skills at the Field Goal Challenge
  • Enjoy live art activations by six of Austin's best street artists, curated by HOPE Outdoor Gallery
  • Gear up with the largest assortment of Longhorns gear ever at several Team Shop locations on Bevo Blvd

Longhorn City Limits– 2-5:45 p.m.

Longhorn City Limits returns to the LBJ Lawn for a special set of FREE concerts located on the northeast corner of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.

Fans can enjoy craft cocktails at the LCL Lounge, a refreshing destination for fans ages 21 and up who want to enjoy pregame while listening to the talented LCL artists on stage. All bars at LCL also feature pregame happy hour pricing including $5 16-oz. domestic beers and $6 16-oz. premium beers.  Stubb's BBQ will also be available for purchase on the lawn.  

Fans also have the opportunity to take a photo in front of the Longhorn City Limits guitar monument. This double-sided feature is located on the west curb of the LBJ Lawn closest to Robert Dedman Dr.

Artists lineup will be announced shortly!

Smokey's Midway

Located on the north end of DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium along DeLoss Dodds Way, this fan experience is the perfect bridge connecting Bevo Blvd presented by H-E-B and Longhorn City Limits.

The area, named after UT's iconic Smokey the Cannon, features a variety of FREE midway games with great prizes, interactive attractions, unique fair-style food, and additional food trucks and beverage stations. Smokey's Midway also provides fans access to The Frank Denius Family University of Texas Athletics Hall of Fame.

Among the highlights are:

• Take a ride on the 45-foot tall ferris wheel!
  • Attractions include a Giant Pirate Ship, AG Hi-Striker where fans can go head-to-head against Austin's own major league rugby players, and other activities such as Rodeo Roper
  • Children can enjoy the Texas Longhorns-branded inflatable slide and games
  • Enjoy various street performers featured at the new Midway Stage
  • All carnival rides and games are FREE! No tokens needed.

More exciting Made in Austin Weekend announcements are coming soon including Longhorn City Limits artists announcement and parking details.  Visit TexasSports.com and follow @TexasLonghorns on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• LTtxfan changed the title to Orange White Spring Game, Sat. April 23rd (Gates Open 4pm. Game starts 6pm)

Weekend Schedule...

FRIDAY, APRIL 22
4:30 p.m. - Ring Celebration at UT Tower
6:30 p.m. - Baseball vs. Baylor at UFCU Disch-Falk Field (Tickets)
7 p.m. - Soccer vs. St. Edwards at Mike A. Myers Stadium (FREE Admission!)
8 p.m. - Lion King at Bass Concert Hall

SATURDAY, APRIL 23
8 a.m. - Longhorn Run
1 p.m. - Baseball vs. Baylor at UFCU Disch-Falk Field (Tickets)
2 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. - Bevo Blvd on San Jacinto St. (FREE Admission!)
*Presented by HEB
2 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. - Longhorn City Limits on LBJ Lawn (FREE Admission!)
2 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. - Hook 'Em Hangout at Winship Circle (FREE Admission!)
*Crawfish Boil, Food Trucks, Big Beertha, and More!
2 p.m. & 8 p.m. - Lion King at Bass Concert Hall
2 p.m. - 5:45 p.m. - Team Shop Fire Sale (FREE Admission!)
*Enter Gate 27 of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
6 p.m. - Texas Football Orange-White Game at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
*Presented by Living Spaces
8 p.m. - Bon Jovi Concert at Moody Center

SUNDAY, APRIL 24
1 p.m. - Baseball vs. Baylor at UFCU Disch-Falk Field (Tickets)
*Bark in the Park
1 p.m. & 6:30 p.m. - Lion King at Bass Concert Hall
2:30 p.m. - Soccer vs. UTSA at Mike A. Myers Stadium (FREE Admission!)

*All activities and times are subject to change.

• Hook 'Em 1

DL gets a sack=Worst OL in the Big 12
WR catches a pass=same ole shit from PK
LB makes a tackle=He just knows our offensive plays. Not anything special 
Card completes a pass= [mention=492]BurntOrange&White[/mention] cries and says it was lucky!!!!
Ewers completes simple pas= It’s starting to click, game is slowing down
One missed assignment= time to get someone from the portal
Guy buried on depth chart makes play going against the walk on= why isn’t this guy playing more?! Same ole stubborn coaches we always get here 
Feel few to add any I missed 

You sound like you aren’t new around here.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, immamac said:

Do we want a tailgate spot or no? Need to know soon so I can let them know to set up. 

If there's a tailgate spot, I'd probably come up. I originally thought that Bon Jovi was the post game music at LCL and didn't read the fine print. Very disappointed. Have they announced who will be playing before the game?

Edited by Tex48

I'm freaking pumped.  This will be the first live football game ever for my 4 year old daughter.  Going to have her geared up in some Horn swag and make our way over to Smokey's Midway before the game to hang out and have some fun. 

This is my first home game in quite a few years as well so I have a few questions.  First, where the hell should we park?  I was thinking about arrive somewhere between 3 and 4 pm. and am expecting a long walk, but I would like to make it as manageable as possible as I'm sure I will be lugging said 4 year old on my back to and from.  I would love to get there earlier, but I don't want to totally wear out my daughter before I get a chance to watch some actual football.  And since seating is first-come, first-served, is there a good section to target to get some decent sights/sounds for her?  She is 4 so I'm preparing to have some ear muffs in case sound becomes an issue, but she (and I) would love to have good line of sight to the cheerleaders and pom squad.....and, uh, some football.

Anything else I'm overlooking?  Need to have decent cash on hand?  My 2% aggie wife will be joining as well so I need to show her a good time as well.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Spur08 said:

I'm freaking pumped.  This will be the first live football game ever for my 4 year old daughter.  Going to have her geared up in some Horn swag and make our way over to Smokey's Midway before the game to hang out and have some fun. 

This is my first home game in quite a few years as well so I have a few questions.  First, where the hell should we park?  I was thinking about arrive somewhere between 3 and 4 pm. and am expecting a long walk, but I would like to make it as manageable as possible as I'm sure I will be lugging said 4 year old on my back to and from.  I would love to get there earlier, but I don't want to totally wear out my daughter before I get a chance to watch some actual football.  And since seating is first-come, first-served, is there a good section to target to get some decent sights/sounds for her?  She is 4 so I'm preparing to have some ear muffs in case sound becomes an issue, but she (and I) would love to have good line of sight to the cheerleaders and pom squad.....and, uh, some football.

Anything else I'm overlooking?  Need to have decent cash on hand?  My 2% aggie wife will be joining as well so I need to show her a good time as well.

In years past I've sat on the Westside and  tried to find somewhere with shade. The ear muffs are a good idea, smokey is a loud mf when it goes off. As far as parking goes I can't help you, I usually uber but I'll be taking my 8 month old along this time so I'll have to drive and find parking too. I got an air bnb in East Austin just across 35 so maybe I can find a pedi cab that's willing to go that far 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Spur08 said:

Since moving back to Texas (5 years ago) and being able to attend spring and regular season games, I've had no issues finding parking on the south side of MLK.  A couple of times, we've parked in a lot; couple of times in a garage.  $20 or $25 IIRC.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spur08 said:

Parking is free in the Speedway Garage, 27th St Garage, and East Campus Garage (after the baseball game concludes).

• Hook 'Em 1

image.png.d4f05dd9294250cf093b682fd88623e3.png

04.18.2022 | Texas Athletics

Enjoy the Still Austin Music Lounge at the Texas Football Orange-White Game

Fans can enjoy craft cocktails, fine food, live music from Western Youth and more beginning at 4 p.m. on April 23

One of the premier culinary destinations in the country, Austin knows how to celebrate fine food and craft cocktails. Fans attending the Texas Football Orange-White Game presented by Living Spaces on Saturday, April 23 have the opportunity to enjoy the Still Austin Music Lounge, exclusive to Spring Game patrons during 'Made in Austin' Weekend.

The Still Austin Music Lounge, located on the ninth floor of Bellmont Hall on the west side of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, serves up craft cocktails and food beginning at 4 p.m. with the opening of the stadium gates. It provides the perfect opportunity for fans to enjoy specialty cocktails curated by Still Austin Whiskey Co. and watch the game with stunning views from an air-conditioned space with club amenities. To access, enter Gates 4 or 5 and take the elevators to the ninth floor and enter the Carpenter-Winkel Centennial Suite. 

Fans can also enjoy live music in the lounge from Austin artist Western Youth prior to the game.  

Admission to the Still Austin Music Lounge is FREE; space is subject to capacity.

Specialty bourbon and gin craft cocktails will be available in the Still Austin Music Lounge along with a selection of beer and wine options.  The 'Texas Tailgater' slider bar will serve up Texas-Raised Beef Sliders, 1883 Burnt Orange Pork Sliders, and Mini All Beef Franks. 

The Texas Football Orange-White Game presented by Living Spaces is part of 'Made in Austin Weekend' April 22-24 on The University of Texas campus. Events feature a variety of fan experiences that celebrates what makes Austin so unique: live music, specialty food and beverage offerings, street art, dog-friendly activities, and the Texas Longhorns!

About Still Austin Whiskey Co.:

Founded in 2015 by three Austin families, Still Austin Whiskey Co. is a true grain-to-glass distillery, located at 440 East St. Elmo Road in the heart of Austin, Texas. All spirits are hand crafted using grains grown by Texas farmers. Still Austin's collection of spirits includes the flagship Straight Bourbon Whiskey (aka "The Musician"), Cask Strength Bourbon, and American Gin (aka "The Naturalist"). Still Austin places a high value on sustainability, with a focus on cutting carbon emissions through local sourcing, increasing the biodiversity of the region through heritage grains, returning spent grains to local ranchers to feed their animals, and operating a distillery that is designed for energy efficiency and water conservation.

• Like 1

Come meet the Horns! 🤘 ✍️ Texas Football autograph signing Saturday, April 23rd. 2-3 p.m.  South of Gate 1 on Bevo Blvd. presented by H-E-B Fans will receive the official 2022 Texas Football poster to be signed. Limit one per person. No outside items will be permitted.