Orange White Spring Game, Sat. April 23rd (Gates Open 4pm. Game starts 6pm)

LTtxfan

Does anyone feel slightly embarrassed for a QB who scrambles for a big gain or a TD in a game where he can't be touched? 

Jaxson Dart's debut for Ole Miss is filled w wild scrambles where he's even calling blocks downfield, etc. Card's TD scramble was somewhat, awkward. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

giphy.gif

You’ve got the guard and the tight end pulling, the playside hitting down blocks, and the back taking a false step/misdirection. Textbook counter.

Eh, maybe. The reason I didn't think it looks like a counter is because the RB doesn't take a hard step in the wrong direction. He shuffles his feet a bit, but I'm usually expecting to see a hard fake. 

24 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Eh, maybe. The reason I didn't think it looks like a counter is because the RB doesn't take a hard step in the wrong direction. He shuffles his feet a bit, but I'm usually expecting to see a hard fake. 

It is a counter. It’s the same look OU murdered us with over and over to seal the game. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

On 4/27/2022 at 10:48 PM, Hornlover said:

Counter is the blocking scheme, doesn't matter what the runner does.

Any play where there are two backside pullers lead blocking off-tackle is broadly considered a counter.

It's also not the counter as you'd see it drawn an old playbook either though.  We combo block both DTs instead of strictly blocking down the line.

Edited by JBJ