The Twitter Debate

Neonmoon

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The major OSINT folks as well as those analysts and commentators pushing pro-Ukrainian support are on that list as well.

Russia is 100% behind that list.

If someone says “antifa” it’s a tell— like “woke” or “alpha/beta”— that there’s no point in engaging. Either disingenuous grifter or a complete idiot, either way. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

I never understood the Tesla infatuation. I’m an extreme early adopter of new technology, but it was always obvious to me Elon was a carnival barker who cuts corners. I didn’t want to entrust my dollars and future safety on that. SpaceX continues to be a pretty amazing story, but as many have stated, it’s been more because of how they’ve managed him, than how he’s made it all happen. 

• Hook 'Em 4

32 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

image.png.d718173367945700295486b841f54cfd.png

I'm reposting this from the DT thread on Elon Musk because I would like to go political with it for a moment.

Immamac suggested that there is not anything to think about it really, and while I agree somewhat--it's the kind of thing I would normally, on viewing, would be 'whatever, where is a book to read, Elon?' but these are unusual times and we have in our very recent history 'Q' and that proved to be a very powerful weapon of propaganda for a percentage of the population. Followers who proved quite resilient in supporting their leader around the country, swallowing lies wholesale, and getting rather violent when suggested to do so.

When one thinks about ways in which to manipulate an asset (such has been the charge against Trump-that he was easily a puppet for foreign gain), gaining a hold on someone with similar delusions who also has a ready made following might prove advantageous. So I'm looking at this picture and thinking what the conspiracy type followers would start gleaning from it. Because that is what they do when they follow their leader, and Elon seems to have lost some folks who think he is nutbar but gained a few more because he is hurting the people they wish to hurt.

Short answer: yes, Elon made a shitpost because he is an attention seeking emotionally disabled person, but I wouldn't be surprised if more of this started to crop up on his account. Look at the picture more closely and think about the image painted on the gun case, the actual premise of the video game the other toy gun represents, and the soda cans. Like immamac states, all plausible especially for a tech geek, but I'm going to be giving his account the side eye given some of the other actions that have been occurring over the platform. Am I now conspiracy theorying about Elon? Well, not so much that, as much as recognizing that he loves the attention and the power that his new toy has given him, and as long as there are entities willing to fund it, it may stick around as a useful tool in a different way than the other platforms could-due to its reach and its destruction of trusted news accounts worldwide.

Right now I see Elon as A&M in the fall of 2022.  Still hopeful after a huge loss, but confused on the path forward after sighing a ridiculously large and bad no cut head coaching contract.  Elon is damed no mater what he does.  And it all starts with arrogance, and little twitter fingers.  They guy has fucked the company up, and hasn't got what I consider any positive press since Musk's purchase.  

The only thing we know for sure is that Musk is a whore.  He is losing money due to his own decision making and is willing to take any revenue stream he can.  Which again devalues the platform as more quality people and companies choose elsewhere to spend their time and money.

NOW... that the shit is apparent we are beginning to hear the "too much on his plate" scapegoat.  Much better to be too busy, than too stupid.  Musk is an engineering genius.  But twitter wasn't an engineering problem... oops...

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

twitter officially sucks now. the feed is fucked and in the last 24 my followers have grown exponentially - most appear to be bots from asia

And I'm getting a lot more nudes in my feed.  Not sure how they started, but I better clear my cache or this could get awkward. 

• Haha 2

Elon lies about having a physics/engineering degree.
He posts a clearly and demonstrably fake headline (that is, he posts a lie).
He lies by omission when he talks about “all these new users,” but fails to mention that most of them are bots.

Elon is, quite simply, an unabashed and habitual liar.

What I don’t get is why his fanboy types are so enamored with lies and liars? Trump - most prolific liar in American history. Crypto - a scam and a lie. Brexit - supported by admitted lies. Elon - a narcissist sociopath habitual liar.

The worship of lies and liars is stunning, and I hate the people who participate in it. It is evil, and they support it. There’s a reason it’s one of the Ten Commandments, there’s a reason that it is a core legal principle in western legalism (oh, how I thought they worshipped all the great things “the West” has brought the world….why not this thing?), there’s a reason most decent parents make lying the greatest offense their kids can commit. Yet Elon’s fanboys….they masturbate to the lies, until their dicks are raw and bleeding, as they still beg him to tell them more lies.
They are pathetic losers. All of them. Yes, I mean you, Surly Elon-fellaters.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Elon lies about having a physics/engineering degree.
He posts a clearly and demonstrably fake headline (that is, he posts a lie).
He lies by omission when he talks about “all these new users,” but fails to mention that most of them are bots.

Elon is, quite simply, an unabashed and habitual liar.

What I don’t get is why his fanboy types are so enamored with lies and liars? Trump - most prolific liar in American history. Crypto - a scam and a lie. Brexit - supported by admitted lies. Elon - a narcissist sociopath habitual liar.

The worship of lies and liars is stunning, and I hate the people who participate in it. It is evil, and they support it. There’s a reason it’s one of the Ten Commandments, there’s a reason that it is a core legal principle in western legalism (oh, how I thought they worshipped all the great things “the West” has brought the world….why not this thing?), there’s a reason most decent parents make lying the greatest offense their kids can commit. Yet Elon’s fanboys….they masturbate to the lies, until their dicks are raw and bleeding, as they still beg him to tell them more lies.
They are pathetic losers. All of them. Yes, I mean you, Surly Elon-fellaters.

I’m kinda sympathetic to the younger people who sort of ironically buy in to this shit, because there’s very much a sense that the mainstream institutions are also total bullshit so lol why not try this alternative that you pretend to not really take seriously though you kind of secretly do. And maybe you dump all your money into it because you’re pretty sure the major financial institutions would lose all your money anyway. 

The older people and the shills obviously have no excuse, but we quickly forget how dislocating and fucked up the past basically 25 years have been. We pretty quickly went from end of history nonsense to 9/11 to Iraq to the Great Recession, to a black president that drove probably a solid quarter of Americans completely insane. Then to Trump and a once in a century pandemic.

You grew up with faith in our institutions. I did for awhile, though it was shattered while I was in undergrad. I really can’t imagine what I’d think if I was like 13 when Trump got elected president. Hell, I might be full burn-it-down Ana.

I’m pretty sure he’s in his 40s or 50s though, so he’s got no excuse.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2