The Twitter Debate

Neonmoon

42 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I have a feeling it's going to get MORE insane, rather than less.  These people are not sane.  I hope they just get tired of their little game and wander on home, but if they decide to fuck around again, they're gonna find out.

I dunno, they may have blown their wad.  A whole shitload of Musk fanbois and bots are acting like this is single-handedly saving American democracy (and Musk is happily taking credit for buying twitter), but none of it is surprising other than more people are now seeking out dick pics of Hunter Biden.  

This feels pretty fucking rushed as well, just like the fact that he reinstated the Stormfront co-founder’s Twitter account, among many other extremely shitty people - not well thought out and still pissing off advertisers. Speaking of, this Hunter Biden thing almost feels like it was rushed out to distract the media from the stuff like the Stormfront guy or the Kanye West drama.

And nothing will come of it - it won’t put Trump in the WH, it won’t remove Biden, and it’s not nearly as sexy or dark as Roger Stone getting Wikileaks to do Trump’s campaign a favor when the Access Hollywood stuff came out.  More importantly, it’s not going to be as easy of a soundbite to generate for the media when it’s fucking Friday night, it’s a massive sports weekend, a lot of stuff is happening to Trump rather quickly, the Georgia election is ramping up, 

And Kanye and Elmo are definitely going to say or do something really this weekend that overshadows it. They can’t help themselves.  And going by his tweets, Musk is definitely getting a dopamine hit off of the people congratulating him, so he’s going to need something bigger to get the same level of adoration.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It’s good to take a step back and realize that most of the population has no clue what is happening on Twitter. It seems like a lot to us internet slobs, but in reality, none of this is being noticed. 

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Breaking: a US Senator's son indulged in lavish excess and probably took his dick out.

Yep.  The people who would be outraged, are outraged every day that Biden is alive.   The people who aren’t outraged, aren’t going to be outraged, and at most they’ll be curious about Hunter’s dick.

And like I said in the other thread, if this was earth shattering (and didn’t also implicate Republicans doing the same thing), Musk would have released it himself.  He farmed it out.

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I love the “ARREST AND CHARGE THEM!” shouts from the absolutely moronic crowd. Charge them with…what? Making a decision of a private company not to allow a certain post? The stupidity is galactic-level.

Arrest them for doing what we did- notifying a moderator! And then burn the Constitution!!!! 

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I think there needs to be a dick pic movement on Twitter.....for transparency. Since that's very important to getting to the truth. Also, it's free speech. 

Some kind of 

“today we are all hunter Biden’s dick” 

2 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I think there needs to be a dick pic movement on Twitter.....for transparency. Since that's very important to getting to the truth. Also, it's free speech. 

I will have to take my dick pic when I get back from boot camp in preparation for the upcoming War on Christmas.  I'm going to beat the shit out of anybody who even looks like he/she wants to celebrate Chist's birth. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I will have to take my dick pic when I get back from boot camp in preparation for the upcoming War on Christmas.  I'm going to beat the shit out of anybody who even looks like he/she wants to celebrate Chist's birth. 

Happy Holidays, then. Damn.

6 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

gonna need the zoom lense for surly dick pics..allegedly

9 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

We need that codified into Twitter’s content moderation policies, because I just got some of my accounts back this week after losing them to posting such pics in the past.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:20 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this whole thing feels like a white-knighting boyfriend trying to ruin his new girlfriend's ex for a perceived slight when in fact it was the new gf who is/was batshit. and he really likes her, so he's making sure the ex goes down in flames. I can't see anything else. it's just another on the list of maddening shit happening in the world. self-inflicted dumbassery

Oddly specific analogy. 

• Haha 2

One actually interesting thing worth noting about this story:

If I had to bet, I'd say this is likely just sloppy reporting from Taibbi and he conflated the White House with Trump's campaign.  Of course, I'm pretty sure Trump had White House officials illegally working on his campaign as well,  so easy mistake to make.  And even if some moderation requests came from the White House, that wouldn't necessarily make them improper, absent a threat of some sort of official action for noncompliance. Though we know Trump used his office to punish people who didn't support him (see taking a DOD contract away from Blue Origin to punish Bezos for WaPo's reporting), so I think it's much more reasonable to assume that any request from Trump's people came with a threat attached than it would be to assume the same from Biden's campaign or any other candidate.

What are the Cliff Notes here? That Elon is trying to go after Democrats by stating some lie of omission that the Dems (Biden’s campaign) asked to have some tweets removed close to the campaign? All while Trump’s WH or campaign did the exact same?

so this is only a story that potentially there was abuse. Since Elon and Taibbi have all of the data, why are they highlighting the potential and not the actual abuse that they stay occurred?

but let’s take a step back. after the 2016 presidential debacle where social media did next to zero policing of foreign bots on their platforms, Is it really a surprise that they didn’t have more contact with the 2020 campaigns especially in the final days. The social media companies would have wanted to quickly remove untrue, inflammatory posts. With the facts, as known, I’m nodding in agreement to what Twitter did in 2020.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What are the Cliff Notes here? That Elon is trying to go after Democrats by stating some lie of omission that the Dems (Biden’s campaign) asked to have some tweets removed close to the campaign? All while Trump’s WH or campaign did the exact same?

so this is only a story that potentially there was abuse. Since Elon and Taibbi have all of the data, why are they highlighting the potential and not the actual abuse that they stay occurred?

but let’s take a step back. after the 2016 presidential debacle where social media did next to zero policing of foreign bots on their platforms, Is it really a surprise that they didn’t have more contact with the 2020 campaigns especially in the final days. The social media companies would have wanted to quickly remove untrue, inflammatory posts. With the facts, as known, I’m nodding in agreement to what Twitter did in 2020.

At this point I have seen no evidence that the Biden campaign wanted anything taken down that wasn't a dick pic. That's it. There's nothing else. What the Trump WH wanted taken down is not known.

• Like 1