The Twitter Debate

Neonmoon

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What are the Cliff Notes here?

Both the Trump White House and Biden campaign reported tweets to Twitter moderators that they believed violated Twitter's TOS in the run up to the 2020 election. In both cases, Twitter occasionally agreed and removed tweets. Trump, who paid the National Enquirer to kill the Stormy Daniels story during the 2016 campaign, is outraged over this and now wants to terminate the Constitution because of it.  Hunter Biden has a large penis.

...I mean, as I understand it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What are the Cliff Notes here?

Musk was called out for letting a bunch of StormFront/anti-semites/Qanons back on Twitter, and allowed them to buy blue checks.  Had to drop a story really quick, even if it’s a shitty time (Friday night).

Or maybe Musk didn’t know there were nude pics of Biden’s son, and so he assumed that nobody else knew about them.

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Like most Republican talkings points, it is one little nugget of truth wrapped in a bunch of lies used to stoke idiots. Ukraine has barred some Ukrainian Orthodox Churches that are spying for Russia. Like any country, they are arresting ANYONE that is committing treason by spying for the enemy. 

Truth: Ukraine is banning Churches and arresting priests that spy against their own country and commit treason for Russia that is murdering and raping their fellow countryman, not to mention stealing their children. 

Republican Truth: They are banning Churches. Why are we giving them money?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

I bang 10s with mine, what do you losers do?

Take pictures of it, copy the photos to a laptop, and drop the laptop off at an out-of-the-way computer repair shop run by a guy who is so blind that he couldn’t pick me out of a police lineup, wait for it the laptop to be given to a former New York City mayor who will then post the photos on the internet, play dumb and wait for the text messages and emails from the ladies to roll in?  It’s a long game, to be sure.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Like most Republican talkings points, it is one little nugget of truth wrapped in a bunch of lies used to stoke idiots. Ukraine has barred some Ukrainian Orthodox Churches that are spying for Russia. Like any country, they are arresting ANYONE that is committing treason by spying for the enemy. 

Truth: Ukraine is banning Churches and arresting priests that spy against their own country and commit treason for Russia that is murdering and raping their fellow countryman, not to mention stealing their children. 

Republican Truth: They are banning Churches. Why are we giving them money?

“america first, who cares what’s happening in europe, why are we sending money to help ukraine, we need to stay out of these wars” is exactly what germany was paying crooked us congressmen to say in the late 1930’s. 

prob a coincidence. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

not sure if serious, but 3 year letterman is a great follow, especially when he mixes it up with people i don't like.

I was not serious.  The tweet implied Franklin had been a president.  

A common mistake made by many is the assumption that Benjamin Franklin was President of the United States. The fact is, unlike his contemporaries George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, Franklin never held the office of the presidency.

I see that 3rd year letterman likes to wind people up and his not always factually correct. Those are the (I left my) "Hearts in San Francisco" statues.

Edited by Bullneck

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Elon's understanding of pronouns is somehow worse than his understanding of the First Amendment.

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/scienceandtechnology/elon-musks-twitter-files-tweets-revealed-a-major-problem--but-not-with-twitter/ar-AA1594SJ?ocid=sapphireappshare

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

And literally the only lockdowns that physically/mentally affected me were during the Trump Administration.  We complied with a smile, but looking back March-November of 2020 was pretty tough on the kids.  And I can't remember because I'm senile like Joe, but I coulda sworn somebody other than Biden was President of the United States and completely and utterly fucking up the handling of the Pandemic.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2