The Twitter Debate

Neonmoon

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Instead of fixing Twitter or reaching out to advertisers or God forbid, trying to help Tesla out, thinking about this stuff is sucking up his time.

When he was asking for government subsidies for Tesla was he in favor of a small subsidy?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I always love when people do the “I am in favor of a small bill to keep things running”. You know it has to pass right?

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

My god.  He's completely gone.  Just lost his fucking mind.  What a pathetic soul.  At least he did some good with Tesla and SpaceX before he went.  I fully expect him to off himself.

What if he’s just starting to go through his libertarian phase?

32 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I always love when people do the “I am in favor of a small bill to keep things running”. You know it has to pass right?

All republican voters are stupid. The ring masters just need to shout "Big Spending is Bad". The nuances of appropriating money to have a functional funded government are lost on them, because in reality, they don't give a fuck. They just want to bitch about something and the ringmasters just want power. It's a win-win for both. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

All republican voters are stupid. The ring masters just need to shout "Big Spending is Bad". The nuances of appropriating money to have a functional funded government are lost on them, because in reality, they don't give a fuck. They just want to bitch about something and the ringmasters just want power. It's a win-win for both. 

It's just the federal government. What could it really cost, like $12?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

That's right.  This is the part where Congress agrees to pay for the things they've already committed to.  

I don't know where it all ends for this asshole but it can't come soon enough.  The fact that anyone gives a fuck what he thinks is amazing.

(Edit: I reread the tweet and see he used the term "common sense."  As if the finances and policies of the most powerful nation on earth with millions of people just need common sense, and that's all).  

Edited by Bullneck

Anybody watch the new Knives Out today? From the outset, I got Elon Musk vibes from Ed Norton’s Miles Bron character.

Near the end, this is Benoit Blanc talking about Bron: “His dock doesn’t flow. His wonderfuel is a disaster. His grasp of ‘disruption theory’ is remedial at best. He didn’t design the puzzle parts. He didn’t write the mystery. It all adds up. Voila! The key to this entire case and it’s staring me in the face. Like everyone in the world, I assumed Miles Bron was a complicated genius, but why? Look into the clear center of this Glass Onion. Miles Bron is an idiot.”

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

On 12/21/2022 at 2:16 PM, Bullneck said:

(Edit: I reread the tweet and see he used the term "common sense."  As if the finances and policies of the most powerful nation on earth with millions of people just need common sense, and that's all).  

Should have said sensible imo.  That's the key to shutting down debate.

it's common knowledge Melon Husk thinks there are too few humans and that we should all be having as many babies as possible. of course my cynical ass just thinks he wants more labor for his ambitions, but I'm sure he's actually well-intentioned on this one 🙄

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

Oh my god, the dumbass left the full list on a bounced-back email from that joke address she gave him.  He could have possibly hid a few from their knowledge as I imagine he keeps them all in a few separate locations.  But nope, he basically had an easily verifiable list of hard assets ready for them to seize.  Probably saved them days of digital/physical searches.  

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at texags as they wrap their aggie minds around this whole situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

As if we didn’t need more evidence Musk is full qAnon 

The thing is, he keeps dropping hints that he's full-on Qanon but he's also not willing to embrace it publicly, because he knows it's a dumb-fucking thing to believe in, or at the least, that people he knows will think less of him.

Same thing with my in-law - she'll push dumbfuck conspiracy theory bullshit, but she gets edgy as hell when confronted about actually being full-on Qanon, and pulls that "well, I haven't done all of the research" bullshit.  She knows that people will look down upon her even more.

But that mental illness the Qanons all seem to have won't prevent them from foliowing the batshit conspiracy theories.

Edited by atomheartbevo

One of my favorite physicians at my hospital ordered some fancy schmancy Tesla months ago and he got it right before Elon’s Twitter bedshitting.

He’s soooooo pissed off is already planning to sell it.

The guy is an excellent ED physician. Smart and kind and absolutely the kind of doctor you’d want at your side if you were in the Emergency Room.

He grew up somewhere in Appalachia in Tennessee. He has a very hillbilly accent and super deep voice. He has a Grizzly Adams beard and long hair. I would bet 90% of the people he meets assumes he is a good ole boy redneck MAGA.

Couldn’t be further from the truth. He married a girl from a small town 15 minutes down the road and we are the nearest hospital. Their agreement when they married was they could travel and live anywhere but when their kids got to school age, they would move back to her hometown and build a house on her family’s farm.

He did stints in a charity hospital near San Francisco. Did a year somewhere in some remote Canadian small town. And then in Hawaii.

We were SO lucky to land him - like 8 other hospitals were recruiting him.

He has a radar - like me - for the rare like minded person around here. He’s my political shittalking work colleague.

I had breakfast with him this morning and all he did was rant and rave about his Tesla and Twitter and “that crayon eating moron, Musk” and how his new much anticipated car is tainted and he doesn’t want people thinking he’s some looney Elon simp.

I was laughing at him because he was so worked up and he spat out - “I have to get this out of my system and you’re the only one who gets it!”.

So that’s my “Twitter is sometimes actually real life” story.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Things appear to be getting serious, financially speaking, at Twitter:

WSJ - Twitter Inc. is offering advertisers a new incentive in an attempt to woo brands back to the social-media platform, which has seen its ad business deteriorate following Elon Musk‘s $44 billion takeover. 

The tech company is dangling free ad space by offering to match advertisers’ ad spending up to $250,000, according to emails reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. The full $500,000 in advertising must run by Feb. 28, the emails said. 

Twitter didn’t respond to a request for comment.

The incentives are the latest effort by the company to get brands to spend on its platform. Recently, Twitter offered advertisers $500,000 in free ads as long as they spent at least $500,000.

Also:

TechCrunch - Twitter is considering selling usernames as a way to boost revenue, according to a new report from The New York Times. The report comes as the social network’s owner, Elon Musk, has been looking for ways to generate revenue for the company.

The report says engineers at the company have considered organizing online auctions where people can bid for usernames, also known as handles. The potential new revenue stream has been discussed since at least December. It’s unknown if the idea will come to fruition, and if it does, it’s unclear if the plan will affect all usernames or only some of them.

Twitter’s username squatting policy does not allow the buying and selling of usernames. Despite this rule, people have been able to buy coveted Twitter usernames on the black market for years. The practice of selling desirable usernames has also attracted hackers in the past. 

7 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

It’s unknown if the idea will come to fruition, and if it does, it’s unclear if the plan will affect all usernames or only some of them.

Given that most of the best ones are in use or being squatted, I could totally see Elon realizing that he could force people to pay up to keep their desired handles.

15 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Well, they also cut off access to the API for a ton of third party apps without warning over the weekend. So, they're intentionally pushing people away from their platform, which seems smart. 

Yea it sucks.  My twitter usage has gone down to almost nothing now since the 3rd party apps have been down.  The twitter interface sucks.  Don't know how anybody uses it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

But the target demographic for who buys Teslas does know what's going on.  That can't make Tesla shareholders happy.

Yep,

I’m one of those shareholders. Granted a tiny, tiny shareholder. As long as it doesn’t drop below $22, I’ll still be in the black. Or the red. Whichever the good one is. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

No bitch, what's sad is your inability to comprehend that a private internet website/company can do whatever the fuck they want with the content people submit to be posted on their site, and that that is what freedom of speech really is. RICO? Lulz. 

And you're surprised the CEO of the company you filed frivolous litigation against doesn't want to be your friend? 

Actually I'm pretty sure she's just another grifter. Just googled her and she was recently ordered to pay $125k in legal fees for a different frivolous case. I reckon she raises money from the MAGAts by way of this sort of bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2