NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

I get that the Warriors were average without Curry and Draymond. But that is because their draft picks are like 19 yrs old. Those guys and Poole are going to get a lot better as the old guys decline.

Wiseman is the real wildcard. He is the critical piece to replace Draymond.  

I get that the Warriors were average without Curry and Draymond. But that is because their draft picks are like 19 yrs old. Those guys and Poole are going to get a lot better as the old guys decline.

Okay,. We got it.. jezz

Okay,. We got it.. jezz
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Minnesota/Memphis getting the NBATV treatment when both the Hawks and Pelicans also play today??

That's crazy.  

Other than Brooklyn v Boston that's the most exciting and interesting series out there. Also, Ja is on his way to superstardom and Ant is really really interesting.  Dumb job by the suits at the league office and in TV. 

• Rage+1 1

Is it just me or is Jokic starting to betray some annoying personality and bad attributes due to frustration and exhaustion? He already jaws at the refs every single time there is any hint of contact, call or not, but now he's losing his mental strength and cool and getting tossed, etc.

He looked plain gassed in Game 1 and Game 2, I guess not having any help while do that, but he's starting to act like a whiny cupcake and I don't like it.

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I believe DMC just got dunked on by a 70 year old.

Cousins is right. That franchise is a dumpster fire. Karl is an old, salty dickhead and has been for awhile. Any team in the league would have paid DMC. He didn't need the Kings to take a chance on him.

I was told people wouldn't watch because of the protests.  "Go woke, go broke."  Guess not.

Watched the highlights from GS/Denver.  Good God.  Steph might not be able to hold up for a season anymore but on a given night, he's as good as he ever was.  34 points in 23 minutes and GS was +32 during those minutes.  I'm curious what they do after this season.  The Steph/Klay/Draymond iteration is prolly in its final years but they have some good young players.  They could prolly trade Klay and/or Wiseman for somebody now but do they?  (They won't ever trade Steph.)  They've also shown the ability to spot talent, be patient, and develop them.  They'll be around for awhile.  

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They've also shown the ability to spot talent, be patient, and develop them.  They'll be around for awhile.  

As much as it pains me to say this but yes, GS has been as good as any team at being able to identify and develop young talent and even other castoffs because they have a great system.  GP II, Kuminga, Poole, JTA and Moody are all keepers.  Even Wiggins has been a punchline for the last 5-6 years until he got to Oakland.  Maybe they whiffed on Wiseman, but his injury makes it impossible to judge that one.

Perhaps the only team that compares is Miami.

Edited by Message Board User

19 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I was told people wouldn't watch because of the protests.  "Go woke, go broke."  Guess not.

Watched the highlights from GS/Denver.  Good God.  Steph might not be able to hold up for a season anymore but on a given night, he's as good as he ever was.  34 points in 23 minutes and GS was +32 during those minutes.  I'm curious what they do after this season.  The Steph/Klay/Draymond iteration is prolly in its final years but they have some good young players.  They could prolly trade Klay and/or Wiseman for somebody now but do they?  (They won't ever trade Steph.)  They've also shown the ability to spot talent, be patient, and develop them.  They'll be around for awhile.  

They aren't trading Klay. Their fans would burn down that arena. 

1 minute ago, Vegas64 said:

What a freaking shoot-out. Fun game. No way PHX doesn't win in 5...6 at most, but if Book can be hobbled that's good news for the Mavs.

Yeah fingers crossed Devin Booker is injured and it ruins a Phoenix Finals run so the Mavs can have a shot at making the WCF.

Oh wait this isn't the Mavs thread. Why don't you handle the Jazz first. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Yeah fingers crossed Devin Booker is injured and it ruins a Phoenix Finals run so the Mavs can have a shot at making the WCF.

Oh wait this isn't the Mavs thread. Why don't you handle the Jazz first. 

Just a general playoff comment on the general playoff thread.

Brandon Ingram is that dude.

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

how ironic would it be if CP3 finally stayed healthy for an entire playoffs, only to have Booker's hamstring see him once again going home early. 

Hopefully it was just precautionary. Guys getting injured in the playoffs sucks. And he was tearing it up tonight - they win by 10 or 12 if he doesn't leave early. 

Ayton has to be better if Book does miss time. That was just pitiful down the stretch. 

@shadow_operative also - could you imagine if you swapped JoVal with Jokic on this team? I swear he could win a title with these cats. 

Edited by ztejas