NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

29 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

KD missed a lot of makeable shots, that's on him. 

will Kyrie take the player option for next year? I think he bolts, but what's a good fit for him? Clippers? NOLA?  Then KD is left by himself to age & rot with other geezers; due $53 million in a few years lol at age 36

He has Ben Simmons.  

Him leaving GS was the dumbest thing ever.

• Like 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I’ve watched zero minutes of the Chicago Milwaukee series and wasn’t planning on changing that, but that’s an interesting score in the top right corner of my TV right now. 

The first game was close. 

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah- I saw the box score and figured Milwaukee rust or disinterest. This continues the trend of them just not being in synch that has happened most of the year. 

Championship hangover I guess. I think they can still get the ball rolling. 

But - it's a little weird if they lose this series or get bounced next round as they just barely made the ECF last season and needed help getting there. 

Not taking anything away from their title run - but this roster just may not have the horses for multiple title runs especially going through some of these East teams this year. 

That said... I still might pick them to come out of the East. Boston and BKN are just hammering the shit out of each other and that could still go 7.

Please more Gus and GA. Just had an amazing exchange. 

Gus: "Giannis. The pride of Greece. The pride of Nigeria."

*pause*

GA: "The Bucks are pretty high on him too."

Then they both burst into laughter. 

That's how you call a game. Not SVG screaming at the audience about what he'd do in every situation and explaining every fucking call. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Gus Johnson saying “Caruso- they say he’s a coach on the floor” as a nod to white guy stereotypes is awesome. 

I don't even think Greg Anthony is great but they are so old-school style good together. There was a stretch earlier where nothing really was happening and I realized - whoa - Gus hasn't said anything for like 45 seconds. Letting the game breathe - what a fucking concept. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Wish the bulls had Lonzo. I think it could be a game 7 series with him 

Shit... this could go 7 without him. Especially if the other aggy misses time. 

I figured MIL would flip the on switch come playoff time but sometimes it's not that easy. 

Are the fucking Warriors the title favorite at this point? Phoenix may still edge them. Who the fuck knows who's coming out of the East. Feels like everyone but the Raptors and Hawks have a shot granted BKN is on pretty thin ice. 

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Shit... this could go 7 without him. Especially if the other aggy misses time. 

I figured MIL would flip the on switch come playoff time but sometimes it's not that easy. 

Are the fucking Warriors the title favorite at this point? Phoenix may still edge them. Who the fuck knows who's coming out of the East. Feels like everyone but the Raptors and Hawks have a shot granted BKN is on pretty thin ice. 

I still don't think the Bulls have a realistic shot of making the finals, injuries aside.  Like you, I assumed the Bucks would flip the switch in the playoffs, and maybe they still will.  But even if they don't, Celtics/76ers/Heat won't have the same letdown in later rounds.

6 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I still don't think the Bulls have a realistic shot of making the finals, injuries aside. 

Injuries happen though. Milwaukee got to the Finals last season because of injuries. 

Case in point^

Karma's a bitch. Maybe Giannis is good enough to get them through it anyway. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean, yeah. Welcome to the party. I've been pretty muted about pumping my sunshine this year given the past two seasons, but, when healthy, I wouldn't bet on anyone over them. When Draymond got hurt, they were tied with Phoenix for the best record in the league, were the #1 defense by a sizeable margin, and had just run off a stretch of wins over Memphis, Phoenix, Utah, and Miami. That was obviously before Klay came back and Steph seemed a little off.

Who knows if they stay healthy, but they're the best roster in the league IMO.

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Welcome to the party.

Simmer down. I'm talking about Vegas lines and if you are the favorites (I'd assume you will be or maybe 2nd to PHO, at something like +380 when it opens tomorrow morning) it's because of two injuries from the past ~30 hours. You had been pretty mediocre for awhile coming into the playoffs and Curry's health was a ?. Also - I have Phoenix over you in 7 in the WCF and was really close to going in the other direction on that one. I was the last person writing this team off because I expect pain and misery when it comes to watching sporting events.

You have a nice roster and some insane experience. You don't have a true 5 worth a shit which may or may not wind up being an issue. I think every roster in the playoffs has holes right now - some more than others. Memphis will be a serious test for y'all without HCA if they get through (and ironically MIN may be the worst matchup for you in the league if they don'). I'm not sure I see Phoenix losing even if Booker misses a few games. 

Bottom line - title seems very up for grabs atm. 

9 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He has Ben Simmons.  

Not for him. He isn’t Michael Jordan, or LeBron, or Kobe or Bird. His focus isn’t on dominating others, or getting some kind of recognition from media or fans that he’s the GOAT. The guy has been around long enough that we should be able to recognize what makes him tick. 

KD loves playing basketball. It’s not a means to an end; it is the end. He believes there is always a better way to play it, and he is trying to find it, constantly. 

He wants the best quality games (NBA playoffs), and as many as he can have. For him, the best reward of a playoff victory is that he gets to keep playing. Winning a championship is bittersweet, because the season is over (except for Olympics years!). What does KD do in the off season, with all his wealth and fame? He goes looking for games. 

He took his game as far as he could with GS, and moved on. Is he on a physical decline? Probably, but he wants to explore where he can take his game with his experiences, as a seasoned veteran. 

KD is going to be ok. He is different from other mega talents, in terms of what makes him tick, and I’m ok with that. 

Edited by statsman

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Not for him. He isn’t Michael Jordan, or LeBron, or Kobe or Bird. His focus isn’t on dominating others, or getting some kind of recognition from media or fans that he’s the GOAT. The guy has been around long enough that we should be able to recognize what makes him tick. 

KD loves playing basketball. It’s not a means to an end; it is the end. He believes there is always a better way to play it, and he is trying to find it, constantly. 

He wants the best quality games (NBA playoffs), and as many as he can have. For him, the best reward of a playoff victory is that he gets to keep playing. Winning a championship is bittersweet, because the season is over (except for Olympics years!). What does KD do in the off season, with all his wealth and fame? He goes looking for games. 

He took his game as far as he could with GS, and moved on. Is he on a physical decline? Probably, but he wants to explore where he can take his game with his experiences, as a seasoned veteran. 

KD is going to be ok. He is different from other mega talents, in terms of what makes him tick, and I’m ok with that. 

Thanks for the insight. I always thought what made him tick was acting like a bitch on social media. 

10 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He has Ben Simmons.  

We've obviously done this discussion a million times, but leaving GS was the right move. It was never going to be his team--no matter how many Finals MVPs he piled up--and he was never going to get the respect that he deserved there.

What I can fault him for is hitching his wagon to Kyrie Irving, DeAndre Jordan over Jarrett Allen, and then fat Harden.

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't he pretty openly ticked off that people were still talking about LeBron as the best basketball player in the world after KD outplayed him in the Finals?

I think he cares a little bit more about his legacy and being the best a little more than you let on.

11 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

KD and Irving are basically KD and Westbrook in Okie City.  No real plays, lots of ISO’s, teammates standing around, lots of bad shots, and misses.

And just like in OKC, people will blame everyone except KD if they fail. Make every excuse in the book for him. When he was a big reason why they never won in OKC.