NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Yep, insane. He’s been unreal.

That said, this series is going 7. As you say, a long way to go. 

Bruh. Do you even Game 6 Klay?

No, I agree. Boston is going to come out with their hair on fire on Thursday.

It's remarkable that Golden State is in this position again. As recently as 3 years ago, people were openly wondering if the team was done and a drastic rebuild was necessary. Their second best player isn't back to form yet, and might frankly never be the player he was. The best player is not young by any stretch anymore and had to carry the load against the best defense in the league. I understand Poole and Wiggins have helped mightily, but neither one has really supplanted any of the core 3 yet as player you expect the team to rely on as talisman or emotional anchor. A lot of it has to do with Steph Curry and his underrated manner of leadership, but just as it was calmly accepted that they might be done, it's just as striking that they are back here, and it isn't all that surprising. Very New England Patriot-ish in terms of organizational success. Pulling for Udoka's personal success, but either outcome is an admirable one.

2 minutes ago, naija said:

It's remarkable that Golden State is in this position again. As recently as 3 years ago, people were openly wondering if the team was done and a drastic rebuild was necessary. Their second best player isn't back to form yet, and might frankly never be the player he was. The best player is not young by any stretch anymore and had to carry the load against the best defense in the league. I understand Poole and Wiggins have helped mightily, but neither one has really supplanted any of the core 3 yet as player you expect the team to rely on as talisman or emotional anchor. A lot of it has to do with Steph Curry and his underrated manner of leadership, but just as it was calmly accepted that they might be done, it's just as striking that they are back here, and it isn't all that surprising. Very New England Patriot-ish in terms of organizational success. Pulling for Udoka's personal success, but either outcome is an admirable one.

Patriots and/or Spurs, with Curry playing the role of Brady/Duncan. Different permutations of the franchise, with one all time great steadying force.

It is crazy to me that they still have Kuminga and Moody just sitting there soaking it up and getting better.  And then you have a #2 pick in Wiseman who could turn out to be a future nothing... or Hassaan Whiteside... or even Joel Embiid.  They can develop those guys for YEARS before they are needed. 

Who knows if they will ever be good enough to carry a title team, but they are assets for sure.  They were very wise not to unload them (and Poole / Wiggins) to try to chase a title with Curry's expiring window.  It is like they got to rebuild while keeping all their main title pieces.  It is amazing.

3 minutes ago, HookEm said:

It is crazy to me that they still have Kuminga and Moody just sitting there soaking it up and getting better.  And then you have a #2 pick in Wiseman who could turn out to be a future nothing... or Hassaan Whiteside... or even Joel Embiid.  They can develop those guys for YEARS before they are needed. 

Who knows if they will ever be good enough to carry a title team, but they are assets for sure.  They were very wise not to unload them (and Poole / Wiggins) to try to chase a title with Curry's expiring window.  It is like they got to rebuild while keeping all their main title pieces.  It is amazing.

Wiseman sucks

9 minutes ago, HookEm said:

And then you have a #2 pick in Wiseman who could turn out to be a future nothing... or Hassaan Whiteside... or even Joel Embiid.

Man y'all have really been getting wild in here without me. It's like someone paid you to try and get me to address a comment. 

And the dude above you is comparing Curry to Brady and Tim Duncan. 

Edited by ztejas

I’m not saying he is going to be Embiid. But nobody expected much from Wiggins either and look at him now.

Golden State has shown they have an eye for talent and know how to develop their players. Almost every player they have drafted in the last 10 years has outplayed their draft position. Wiseman just turned 21.  Embiid didn’t even step on an NBA court until he was 22. I think I will withhold judgement for 3-4 years and see how things play out.

That needs to be a suspension. That's so much more dangerous than a punch.  White could have landed on his face. He could have damaged his face, hands, elbows, collar bone, neck\spine... that's seriously fucked up and super fucking dangerous. 
Fuck Draymond. Hate, hate, hate his game.

2 hours ago, HookEm said:

I’m not saying he is going to be Embiid. But nobody expected much from Wiggins either and look at him now.

Golden State has shown they have an eye for talent and know how to develop their players. Almost every player they have drafted in the last 10 years has outplayed their draft position. Wiseman just turned 21.  Embiid didn’t even step on an NBA court until he was 22. I think I will withhold judgement for 3-4 years and see how things play out.

You can pm me if you're confused about anything or dying for my take. 

On 6/12/2022 at 10:43 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Draymond is definitely a force multiplier when he's playing with good teammates. They make him better and vice versa. This is a tough series for him to break out and impact offensively because Boston switches everything. Usually he's in the middle of everything they do but not this series. So that's why Curry is getting so much one on one action and why Draymond isn't getting into the seams and creating more.

At the end of game 4 they finally trapped Steph off a Draymond screen and he broke free, got the ball and set up Looney (I think it was Looney) for the layup. There just haven't been many opportunities for him like that. All those actions they run where Draymond handoff / screens for Curry are getting borked because of the switching defense. At some point if the Celtics change up coverage you will see Draymond have a bigger impact on the game. Otherwise they seem content to let Curry shoot them to death. 

I agree with  a lot of what you post but I think you have it backwards. Boston does not switch everything. They do all they can to slide off of the pick and the man who is setting the pick's defender "drops". GSW is switching. Boston is not. They are relying on their cohesive whole team D and ability to recover and contest. Hard to say if it's working or not but they aren't changing it at this point it seems. 

34 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Dont see this posted anywhere....

he's become wealthy off his Youtube channel, a $250k Gwagon, $10k on courtside seats, a $2 million home and he's a damn good basketball player too IRL. See his videos on the playgrounds as he punks everyone.  2nd time he's crashed the Warriors - first time was their Oakland stadium. 

Lots of people on the street mistake him for the real Klay. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hilarious that he could get in that easily with not even a Driver's License check. With most teams, there would be a lot of funny quips about their stadium security being as bad as their team defense, but you can't really say that about this Warriors team.  I hope they work it out with him and let him go to games again next year, but I totally understand banning him for at least the Finals to avoid incidents or distractions.  

Klay is actually a pretty cool dude in real life, I could see him reaching out personally to do something about it.  It would be a lot of fun to see those two go 1 on 1 at a local park, maybe do some charity event and donate the proceeds to helping victims of identity fraud. 

52-25 run for GSW late 1st qtr thru 2nd qtr. Celtics just played like shit during that stretch and Warriors smelling a Championship clinching win.

Boston's head coach just not getting it done and his players look frustrated and lost offensively...