NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Tatum isn’t elite. He hasn’t wanted the ball all series. Can’t carry a team yet. 

What is he doing?? He has Draymond iso and he gives the ball up to Smart. He just did the same with Steph on him and the clock winding down. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Curry guarding Tatum and he passes it off.

Pussy.

Like Lebron when JJ Barea would pick him up in 2011.

Honestly that was what was going through my head as well, the 11 Finals. Sometimes I guess you're just not ready to be that guy. 

Per Zach Lowe:

With Steph on the court this Finals, the Warriors score 117 points per 100 possessions. That would have easily led the league this season.

When he sits, they score 88 points per 100. That would have been dead last by a mile.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Per Zach Lowe:

With Steph on the court this Finals, the Warriors score 117 points per 100 possessions. That would have easily led the league this season.

When he sits, they score 88 points per 100. That would have been dead last by a mile.

Insane 

Tatum has sucked tonight.  Officials are so worthless tonight with their inconsistent foul calls... And Celtics coaching  is a joke tonight.

Horford covering Curry late in this game is ridiculous.

But GSW has definitely outplayed Celtics creating turnovers, and much better offensive rebounding...

Boston needs to retool that team.  Their bench fucking sucks.  Smart should be coming off the bench.  They need anyone who can fucking shoot plus a couple solid bigs.  Golden State is spending $170 million on the luxury tax this year.  I fear Boston may be too cheap to put the necessary pieces in place to win it all.  Boston has the  Fournier TPE of 17.1 mil expires 7/18, Thompson TPE of 9.7 mil expires 7/7,  tax payer mid level exception of 6.3 mil plus some contract players they can trade.  They can do a lot.  The question is whether the owners will spend. 

Boston's bench went 2 for 11 from the field. Fucking ouch...

Edited by RabidM

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And overall, these playoffs were pretty lackluster. Round 1 was probably the best round. Even series that went 6 and 7 were almost all blowouts. No real iconic moments either. 

I think it'll be remembered for affirming the all-time status of this GSW core and devaluing KD's championships, unless he manages to get one in Brooklyn.

• Like 1

And overall, these playoffs were pretty lackluster. Round 1 was probably the best round. Even series that went 6 and 7 were almost all blowouts. No real iconic moments either. 

Round 1 sucked but yea. Easily the most entertaining part was watching MN choke it’s leads

We were so spoiled by the NFL playoffs a few months ago

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I think it'll be remembered for affirming the all-time status of this GSW core and devaluing KD's championships, unless he manages to get one in Brooklyn.

Nah on the KD part. That's First Take bullshit. There is no devaluing a Championship. Receipts are receipts. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Baboontyme said:

Nah on the KD part. That's First Take bullshit. There is no devaluing a Championship. Receipts are receipts. 

Devaluing a championship? No but this definitely isn't a good thing for KD's legacy. 

The Warriors replaced KD with Wiggins and didn't skip a beat. There's no way of spinning that's a good look for KD's legacy. KD needed the Warriors to win a championship and that's obvious now. 

2 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I'm not necessarily saying I think that. He was Finals MVP for a reason and what would have happened without him is an impossible hypothetical to entertain. But I do absolutely think that will be the legacy of these playoffs, re: "no iconic moment."

I don't really agree. I think that is more caving to a media narrative. There has been a paradigm shift in the NBA since (arguably) the Lakers and Celtics and Heat years in the "aughts". It is ridiculous to try to hold modern day teams and franchises to the same standards as in the 80s and 90s. KD is a two time Champ and a two time Finals MVP and was the best player in the game for a 2/3/4/5 year stretch, pre Achilles. Nothing is going to change that in my mind and I have no pre disposition to KD. 

Call me crazy, but can we get rid of fouling out? Seems like Celtics fouls led to a 21-0 run and game over. I want the best vs best. I get there are obstacles like a hack a shaq but that could be a disqualification or something. Maybe make 6 fouls  a 2 shot penalty and ball back instead of you are out all game. Imagine Brady getting ejected for multiple INT's or some weird shit. Not exactly the same, but lets watch the best go against the best; especially with NBA fouls being so subjective and so ticky tack. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Devaluing a championship? No but this definitely isn't a good thing for KD's legacy. 

The Warriors replaced KD with Wiggins and didn't skip a beat. There's no way of spinning that's a good look for KD's legacy. KD needed the Warriors to win a championship and that's obvious now. 

If you take away KD from OKC and Steph from Golden State, OKC is the better team and it's not close.

3 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I don't really agree. I think that is more caving to a media narrative. There has been a paradigm shift in the NBA since (arguably) the Lakers and Celtics and Heat years in the "aughts". It is ridiculous to try to hold modern day teams and franchises to the same standards as in the 80s and 90s. KD is a two time Champ and a two time Finals MVP and was the best player in the game for a 2/3/4/5 year stretch, pre Achilles. Nothing is going to change that in my mind and I have no pre disposition to KD. 

While this may be true, the core of this team was 3 years older this year, replaced him with Andrew Wiggins, and just won another title. This core now has 3 finals appearances and 2 titles without him. You can think whatever you want to think but that is not a media narrative. That is a fact. And it severely weakens his legacy as an all time great, since people will always be able to point to that. It’s obvious that Steph deferred to KD when KD was out there, but when he wasn’t, Steph went back to being the fucking assassin that he’s always been. 

• Hook 'Em 1