NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

11 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

according to several posters here dirk didn't carry that team so we might be asking luka to do the impossible.

Dirk didn't carry that team in the Finals. before then, sure. but. it in the Finals. Dirk got them there, but Kidd, Terry, Chandler, etc all stepped up and actually picked up Dirk's slack in the Finals. 

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Dirk didn't carry that team in the Finals. before then, sure. but. it in the Finals. Dirk got them there, but Kidd, Terry, Chandler, etc all stepped up and actually picked up Dirk's slack in the Finals. 

Yeah Dirk 2011 wasn't some amazing carry job like Hakeem or '03 Duncan. 2011 was an awesome team effort - especially on D. Terry and Kidd were really solid in that run. 

37 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

if Payton isn't out for the year i'll be shocked. his whole left arm looked fucked with that landing. 

That sucks. He was definitely a big part of the game plan against Ja and certainly Booker should they advance. Pretty unsafe play by Brooks, but you don't get the luxury of calling other players dirty when you employ Draymond Green.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Ja Morant is incredible

Easily best game of the playoffs for him so far. Some huge buckets down the stretch here. 

I can't help but feel like Memphis is gonna get their hearts ripped out here though...

It makes me sad Memphis dropped that first game, which they should have won. While I would love to see this series go to 7, I would love to see GS lose in 5 or 6. Can't stand that team. Memphis is scrappy and has some talented young guys, they are an easy team to root for. 

Im surprised GS outscored Memphis in the paint by 20, it didn't feel like that big of a disparity while watching, but they did get a lot of easy layups. 

Memphis got their shit together when they stopped jacking up 3s. They had so many second chances when driving the lane, it was comical at times to watch them rebound and put back shots. It feels like Giannis would eat them alive if he gets a chance. They don't appear to have a way to stop a super talented big. 

Fun game, but they gotta win at least one in GS. 2-2 going back to Memphis would be intense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Ja Morant is incredible

Dude does stuff that shouldnt really be possible for a 6'2 guy.   That dunk in the 3Q was nuts.  Off two feet from the dotted line with 2 hands is not something that should be done at that size.

58 minutes ago, d2o said:

Dude does stuff that shouldnt really be possible for a 6'2 guy.   That dunk in the 3Q was nuts.  Off two feet from the dotted line with 2 hands is not something that should be done at that size.

I can do that at 43 years old still all the time. On a 7 foot hoop. Maybe. Probably not. 
sometimes I feel like those guys are from a different species than I am. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Watching the highlights and the last bucket by Ja, i mean when are we gonna start calling carrying on some of these.....these dudes put their hand under the ball, its a little ridiculous to me.

Nope. Ja Carries on a lot. Game 1 Vs GS he had a very obvious carry because he kinda stuttered his feet before he drove. Missed the shot I believe, towards the end of the game. But pretty blatant

Without Embiid, Harden might still be the third best player on the Sixers. Everybody cracked on John Wall's terrible contract for years, but at least that man had injuries to blame. Barring injury he might have been worth that contract. Harden has not dealt with severe injury and just let himself go. He chose to make that contract an albatross.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Without Embiid, Harden might still be the third best player on the Sixers. Everybody cracked on John Wall's terrible contract for years, but at least that man had injuries to blame. Barring injury he might have been worth that contract. Harden has not dealt with severe injury and just let himself go. He chose to make that contract an albatross.
And some fool is still going to give him $200M.

26 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Everyone says that, even with Harden's decline, Philly won that trade because they're no longer paying Ben Simmons. But, like, are we sure that Seth Curry isn't currently a more valuable teammate than James?

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Everyone says that, even with Harden's decline, Philly won that trade because they're no longer paying Ben Simmons. But, like, are we sure that Seth Curry isn't currently a more valuable teammate than James?

Yeah- Harden is a shadow of his former self, but I’d still take him over Curry because he’s a much better playmaker as was seen when Embiid was healthy. It’s rough watching him though knowing what he used to be. 
he needs to hit the HGH hard over the summer and get in amazing shape or it’s all done for him as anything other than a distributer. Just fell off a cliff. 

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Everyone says that, even with Harden's decline, Philly won that trade because they're no longer paying Ben Simmons. But, like, are we sure that Seth Curry isn't currently a more valuable teammate than James?l

Losing Curry and 2 firsts in order to dump Simmons remaining 3 years and $113 million is not a bad trade. Most teams would have to give up a lot more to dump that.