NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Boston's been fortunate with injury luck this post-season. Not a knock on Boston, almost every champion has injury luck, but the Heat missing Lowry is bad for the Heat. Of course Middleton is the big one - I suspect the Bucks win that if they have Khris that series.

Robert Williams missed the 1st two series. Smart and Horford both out for game 1. Not sure you can call them lucky. 

These refs are pussies, that should have been another tech on Draymond and kicked his dumb ass out of the game. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that he gets a ton of leeway with the refs for no reason, and that's it right there. Just absolute fucking horseshit that he gets to initiate that contact getting up, get in the guys face jawing at him, and then the other guy gets a T for reacting to his bitchyness. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ouch, that one has to hurt a bit. A brilliant 42 from Luka, 21 made 3's as a team, Draymond was awful, Klay was invisible for 40 minutes, and still couldn't hang on. 

I know Dallas is over-committing on the perimeter, but how are you going to let Looney get 10 dunks, and the Warriors score 62 points in the paint?

Edited by aggie08

7 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I would bet a lot of someone else's money that Mavs win Game 3 by kind of a lot. 

How would you define "kind of a lot?" I think Dallas wins Game 3, but I'm not convinced that they can play enough defense to keep Golden State from hanging around at the end.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

How would you define "kind of a lot?" I think Dallas wins Game 3, but I'm not convinced that they can play enough defense to keep Golden State from hanging around at the end.

I just think Dallas is going to have a game or two at home where they shoot like they did in the first half last night for the entire game. It's a different animal on the road and that arena (AA) is insane. Those shots keep falling at home. Unless GSW plays perfect they won't be able to keep up. I don't think they will lose by 50 again but 20, 25. Game 3 is usually the prime candidate for an outing like this. 

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Say what you want but GS knows how to draft and develop.  The "Super Team" era is over if that was ever really a thing.  (Miami was always Dwayne Wade's team.  Bron and Bosh just went to play there.)

Light years ahead.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I just think Dallas is going to have a game or two at home where they shoot like they did in the first half last night for the entire game. It's a different animal on the road and that arena (AA) is insane. Those shots keep falling at home. Unless GSW plays perfect they won't be able to keep up. I don't think they will lose by 50 again but 20, 25. Game 3 is usually the prime candidate for an outing like this. 

I mean, if they shoot like they did in the first half, they would have made 30 threes. That's not happening. Even with their cold third quarter, Brunson, Bullock, and Finney-Smith combined to shoot 14-23 on threes. They shot 47% as a team. I do think that, when the inevitable colder stretch comes when you shoot as many 3's as do, they'll be much smarter about shot selection and trying to generate easier shots and exploiting mismatches.

Kenny Smith said one of his rare smart things after the game. You don't have to guard the Warriors well for 48 minutes; you have to guard them really well for 5 minutes. They're not the KD Warriors or even the pre-KD Warriors: they're not to come out and run you out of the gym from the jump. They're going to start slow, or be careless with turnovers, or be cold from 3, or Draymond is going to be in self-destructive mode. But, there's going to be short period--almost always in the 3rd quarter--when they make their run. Contain that, and you can beat them handily.

55 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I think the warriors are good enough to steal a game in Dallas and I don’t think the mavs can steal one in GS. 

I think Dallas can absolute steal one in Golden State. They may have to win both there though. In 22 playoff series with Kerr, they've never failed to win at least one road game. 

34 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I think Dallas can absolute steal one in Golden State. They may have to win both there though. In 22 playoff series with Kerr, they've never failed to win at least one road game. 

Ok well I guess if you mean can anything happen? Yes I do. But after last night I’m not sure what else they can do unless you mean have the perfect game? Then yea I guess they could. 

Say what you want but GS knows how to draft and develop.  The "Super Team" era is over if that was ever really a thing.  (Miami was always Dwayne Wade's team.  Bron and Bosh just went to play there.)
True.

I don't think Kuminga even played last night.

Also, I predict Draymond doesn't finish game 3. He gets tossed or fouls out.

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, and where the fuck did Poole come from?  Great drafting and developing.  

Also, by all accounts, they never even considered moving Wiseman--who doesn't really fit their current style of play--for a "win now" piece. Granted, there probably wouldn't have been any earth-shattering deals on the table for a young big already experiencing serious knee issues, but they definitely see him as part of their future.

JP went to Michigan. I watched him frequently in college and rooted against him. He was a no conscience chucker with a nice stroke. Played no D (some things don't change) and the word pass was not in his vocabulary. Did not play situationally aware basketball and disappeared a lot down the stretch. Guess the Warriors liked that stroke.

26 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

JP went to Michigan. I watched him frequently in college and rooted against him. He was a no conscience chucker with a nice stroke. Played no D (some things don't change) and the word pass was not in his vocabulary. Did not play situationally aware basketball and disappeared a lot down the stretch. Guess the Warriors liked that stroke.

He got developed, granted he seems to have the desire to grind and improve.  Pretty crazy how much better he is now compared to his rookie season when he was a complete disaster.

39 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Definitely learned to pass. Also nice of him to be so bad at defense that he takes some of the wear and tear off Steph with offenses opting to target him instead. Team player.

• Like 1

Back on Poole, I think the key trait that the Warriors liked along with that stroke is his irrational confidence. He has really developed a lot in many ways since he was at UM but if you have to pick two traits to start with those are damn good ones to have.

Grant Williams plays basketball like a middle linebacker.