Favorite Samuel L Jackson Movies

Vic Mackey

When Jackie Brown came out, it suffered with me because it wasn't Pulp Fiction.  I just didn't love it.  I don't think I rewatched it until recently, when discussing QT movies with some friends, it was repeatedly showing up toward the top of the list.  I rewatched it and oh man, how wrong I was.  Absolutely superb movie and SLJ crushes it. 

Is it or his performance as good as Pulp Fiction?  Nah.  But it's criminally underrated.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, dcbc said:

I rewatched it and oh man, how wrong I was.  Absolutely superb movie and SLJ crushes it. 

He put himself in a position where he was going to have to do ten years in prison, that's what he did. And if you know Beaumont, you know ain't no god damn way he can do ten years. And if you know that, then you know Beaumont's gonna do anything Beaumont can to keep from doing them ten years, including telling the federal government any and every motherfucking thing about my black ass. Now that, my friend, is a clear cut case of him or me. And you best believe it ain't gonna be me.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/16/2022 at 8:01 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Favorite? Die Hard With a Vengeance

Worst? Long Kiss Goodnight (ham on rye)

most underrated? Hard Eight

That Die Hard movie was on a couple of nights ago and it was on some movie channel that censors words.

Hilarious when "you're a racist mother fucker" became "you're a racist melon farmer". 

7 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That Die Hard movie was on a couple of nights ago and it was on some movie channel that censors words.

Hilarious when "you're a racist mother fucker" became "you're a racist melon farmer". 

i wonder what people that only watch those versions think.  watching big lebowski and all the sudden confused about some plot line they missed about finding people in the alps.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

You keep calling me Jesus I look Puerto Rican to you?

Guy back there called you Jesus

He didn't say Jesus, he said "Hey Zeus!" My name is Zeus.

Zeus?

Yeah Zeus!  As in father of Apollo, Mt. Olympus, don't fuck with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass.  Zeus!

"It ain’t no fuckin ball park neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine. But you know touchin his wife’s feet and sticking your tongue in the holiest of holies ain’t the same ballpark. It ain’t even in the same league, it ain’t the same fuckin sport. Foot massages don’t mean shit." 

A fantastic line in a fantastic movie. But Mr. L. Jackson is wrong. I could go on about the importance of foot rubs, but this is neither the time nor the forum.

Pulp Fiction is the solid lead, but his portrayal of Darius Kincaid in The Hitman's Bodyguard likely saved that movie. He and Reynolds paired up very well and it wouldn't have worked without his acting skill. He can flip from hilarious to dead serious in a heartbeat (not just in that flick) and the viewer can buy it. That's a talent, IMO.

• 1 month later...
On 4/18/2022 at 8:19 AM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Just an absolute dynamo in Phantom Meanace

D3wt.gif

star-wars-samuel-l-jackson.gif

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4745zarv4z1wtudmzcsg

giphy.gif

When I heard he was gonna be in Star Wars, I thought his Jedi character was gonna be like Jules Winfield, which would have been awesome.  Instead we got Sam Jackson plays Hayden Christensen.